New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827005 times)

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #930 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:21 PM »
fished big bay this afternoon. discusting to say the least !!!  >:( >:( >:(. I wiil not be going back there any time soon !! between the trash everywhere, pickreral, and northerns, and bags of fish guts all over the ice. not to mention 100's of small gills evrywhere !!!
thier gonna need a trash truck to pick up the mess left by irresponsible fishermen. they will be the first ones to complain when the access is shut down !!!    Sully...
Makes me mad seeing and hearing this kind of stuff. If you are not going to keep the fish, put it back down the hole ...how hard is that .Man , those small gills they wasted could be next years nice gills.. It is a total waste of the resource.And  ANY trash left on the ice, or shore, or parking lot is inexcusable. Sorry you had to witness that mess out there Sully, especially after postin such great reports about that  awesome bay these last few weeks. I don't know where these guy's come from, or how they were brought up...makes you wonder.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #931 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:42 PM »
I made it out late morning for a hour.  2 small perch, a bourbit, and a 23 inch eye.  Went back out at 3:30 landed one keeper eye dumping 3 at the hole and another bourbit.   Do it all again in the a.m.. ice varied from 3 to 5".  Only went out to 20 fow.  I have hopes on awesome ice next weekend to get where I really want to go.

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #932 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:43 PM »
Great catches everyone!! Love the pictures and thanks for the updates on the ice conditions........

Very sad that along with the great fishing pictures there has to be stories of so called ice fisher"men" leaving trash all over the place......
FISH  ON !!!

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #933 on: Dec 28, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Saw 4 sleds off Jewell pretty far out. Not enough ice for that right now....be safe ice is spotty
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Fished  the drop off  here Friday  4 to 5 in  hardly any of it was black, buddy  went out  a  little farther and said it was sketchy. No  way  i would   take a sled  out there.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #934 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:37 PM »
so i get the issue with  trash and fish being tossed on the ice and waisted , ie small sunnys , pickeral northerns makes me angry to0.,,, but fish guts ?  the gulls, fox, crows ,eagles and what evere else cleans them up pretty quick and i figure instead of tossing them in the trash let the scavengers have a free meal. just my opion i probly wouldnt dump them in a heavily fished area like chapman close to shore.

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #935 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:40 PM »
Tried north bay this morning, had 4 inches of black ice at 24foW. Thats as far as I Wanted to venture, Managed one keeper eye and 9 perch.. Tons of short eyes.. ???     Fun day all in all... NeW spot tomorroW.. Tight lines,, BE SAFE!

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #936 on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:42 PM »
so i get the issue with  trash and fish being tossed on the ice and waisted , ie small sunnys , pickeral northerns makes me angry to0.,,, but fish guts ?  the gulls, fox, crows ,eagles and what evere else cleans them up pretty quick and i figure instead of tossing them in the trash let the scavengers have a free meal. just my opion i probly wouldnt dump them in a heavily fished area like chapman close to shore.
dumped right on the east side of the pier.....disturbing

Offline coachwarner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #937 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:16 PM »
Nice job on the eyes HT and Snagger  :thumbsup:

Offline WaynefromMaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout and about
« Reply #938 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:18 PM »
Great job guys :thumbsup:
  So good to see the boy's having fun..
Enjoy the pleasure of others pleasure

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #939 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:22 PM »
Great fish fellas. Was hoping to make it down tmrw family obligations aren't gunna allow it.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #940 on: Dec 28, 2013, 11:11 PM »
Fished BB this morning til noon. Ended up keeping 20 nice gills and 3 slab crappie. I won't be going there on the weekends ever again. What a joke. People are slobs. Will probably fish the main lake next weekend.

It'll eat.

Offline 315angler4life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish tremble at the sound of my name
« Reply #941 on: Dec 29, 2013, 03:26 AM »
Chief I also was in the zoo they called big bay lol, never seen so many cars there before 7:30 fished with a buddy and we managed 70 or so keeper gills 20 or so slobs and a bunch if mediums mixed in. 3 crappies, 1 pickeral broke two off at the hole, one was very large. 2 large mouth bass, one being a pretty nice one and one nice jack perch. Weather was awesome but I think I might venture to some deeper water. But not owning a spud is sketchy at best right now, will just have to use well traveled path and cut holes one in a while walking out .. tight lines guys check back  2maro nite

Offline Pman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #942 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:10 AM »
Nice job on the gills and craps Chief and Angler. My buddy and I thought about Big Bay for an instant and thought otherwise. As much as we like icefishing, witnessing what goes on at that place ruins the outing. Too bad that place is a such a zoo, a lot of quality fish are in that area. We don't fish it that much since we are on the other end of Oneida but I think we will try it during the week sometime; if I see you out there I'll stop by and say hello.

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #943 on: Dec 29, 2013, 05:31 AM »
Nice Job HT, Snagger and Drownin dots...it appears you had to work em a tad. I fished the south side again yesterday 7-10 am and managed a single 20 inch walleye with many 8-9 inch jack perch...couple 11-12. The females were not as plentiful. What got me was the stomach contents of the perch. I think it was zebra mussels mixed in with 1/8 inch worms. The contents were very hard...kinda like a gravel in a birds crop...I did not have my eye glasses to really get a good peek.

When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #944 on: Dec 29, 2013, 06:13 AM »
Nice fish Snagger , the only ice I touch was in my drinks at christmas :)
The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #945 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:13 AM »
Nice Job HT, Snagger and Drownin dots...it appears you had to work em a tad. I fished the south side again yesterday 7-10 am and managed a single 20 inch walleye with many 8-9 inch jack perch...couple 11-12. The females were not as plentiful. What got me was the stomach contents of the perch. I think it was zebra mussels mixed in with 1/8 inch worms. The contents were very hard...kinda like a gravel in a birds crop...I did not have my eye glasses to really get a good peek.
those perch are rooting the bottom for fresh water shrimp and blood worms
 i belive. i have seen even rocks in there stomach's many times. i am sure Freddie and snagger will put some imput on that ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #946 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:22 AM »
DD jboggy could use some tips on how to catch dink perch ;D ;D ;D ;D
Here we go ........ Your just scared because I have mastered my Dink Perch skills to the point where I can even muster them up on Oneida 6 feet from Adam while he is pounding jacks and Eyes  :woot: :woot: :woot: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :flex: :flex:

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #947 on: Dec 29, 2013, 07:23 AM »
Ahh!!! so that's what walleyes look like. I wouldn't ever know. My fishin buds have relegated me to perch pond status. I don't get invites to go. I'm not crying or whining  :( :( well, maybe a little. Hey us old guys can be fun too. I can keep up, you won't have to drag me or clean the drool of my chin. I won't post your fav spots for all the world to see. I can be trusted. I use deodorant . I don't talk all the time. Even us old guys got feelings don't you know?
 Seriously. great picts, great fish my friends and I am not jealous,.... I am not jealous,.... I am not jealous...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nonsense you had the invite yesterday, and you made the right decision for the right reasons ;) as for not talking all the time  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline kingFisher65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #948 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:10 AM »
Does anyone know a good web site address for a decent map of Oneida ? I'm trying to get more familiar with the lake access points, depths and islands etc. thanks in advance.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #949 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:21 AM »

Offline belowzero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #950 on: Dec 29, 2013, 08:40 AM »
Does anyone know a good web site address for a decent map of Oneida ? I'm trying to get more familiar with the lake access points, depths and islands etc. thanks in advance.

http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Offline cr450

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #951 on: Dec 29, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Nice map. Thanks guys

Offline wallyeyebob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got ice??????????
« Reply #952 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:13 AM »
fished big bay this afternoon. discusting to say the least !!!  >:( >:( >:(. I wiil not be going back there any time soon !! between the trash everywhere, pickreral, and northerns, and bags of fish guts all over the ice. not to mention 100's of small gills evrywhere !!!
thier gonna need a trash truck to pick up the mess left by irresponsible fishermen. they will be the first ones to complain when the access is shut down !!!    Sully...
you know where they can put big bay??????????

Offline ICE-ADDICT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2012 storm front off Constantia, ELECTRIFYING!
« Reply #953 on: Dec 29, 2013, 10:28 AM »
Way to go out there boys!

I'll be starting my Friday morning weekly pilgrimages starting next week, can't wait!
Acting Secretary O.L.L.C.

" I can never tell a lie"  Abraham Lincoln circa  1865
                                     ICE ADDICT circa 2012

"NEVER get out there first!!"

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #954 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Well fair to say I'll die a happy man if I never have to step foot inside a gander mountain again got screwed over on a pro series combo and just if I wasn't happy enough I was informed the NYS license system is down for TWO WEEKS!!!!! %%%"????

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #955 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:10 PM »
Ranger Bound and I made it out this a.m..  we each managed 3 keepers before the rain a couple shorts and lost some at the hole.  Good day lots of laughs.  People were walking out near us no spud bar or nothing.  Its warm out but not swimming warm. 

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #956 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Another day on Oneida and another limit... Harder bite but still put 4 good eyes on the ice by 11am, seen the cloud deck lowering, so walked in just beating the rain, few nice fat jumbos as well. Ice gained about a 1/4 inch and was still nice and crunchy on the way in, easy drag for a change, might not get warm enough too loose the snow.

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #957 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Well fair to say I'll die a happy man if I never have to step foot inside a gander mountain again got screwed over on a pro series combo and just if I wasn't happy enough I was informed the NYS license system is down for TWO WEEKS!!!!! %%%"????

Yeah I heard about that shutdown on Xmas eve.

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #958 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Nice limits 10xr!!!!!  :thumbsup:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline perryzf81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #959 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:20 PM »
Nice limits guys. Hoping to get up that way Wednesday, and hoping the next 3 nights in the teens should help the ice out.
FISH  ON !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.