The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy model 30 carb replacement  (Read 2200 times)

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
Jiffy model 30 carb replacement
« on: Apr 22, 2013, 11:38 PM »
My Jiffy 30, started leaking fuel out of the carb towards the end of the ice fishing year.  From my research on the forum, it appears that I need to get the diaphram replaced.  I figured I would also have a carb rebuild done at the same time, but he local shop won't do rebuild since they have had a lot of them that failed.  They will only replace the carb & said that they are having a hard time finding a carb replacement for the discontinued Tecumsah engine.  Any idea where I can find a replacement carb?

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: Jiffy model 30 carb replacement
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Look for another shop.  Those carbs are stupid easy to do.  Look for the number/letter on the carb, get the appropriate kit and do it yourself.  One of the things you have to watch out for is the direction of the diaphram.  Some go rivet up, some go rivet down,  has to do with activating the needle valve to let gas through.   After that, drain the tank and carb for the off season.  Mines 22 years old and works.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Jiffy model 30 carb replacement
« Reply #2 on: Apr 25, 2013, 10:19 PM »
If you were up around Silver Bay MN I would tell you to call my sister! She use to do all the carbs in her significant others shop plus do a lot of the engine overhauls. Like Fisherman 1 said; do it yourself, there are a 1/2 dozen places to download a service manual from and one is bound to show you how to rebuild your carb.

Good Luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.