The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ICE SHANTY 2014 get-together!  (Read 9982 times)

Offline Relheok

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swamp Yankee
Re: ICE SHANTY 2014 get-together!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 30, 2013, 03:06 AM »
Never been to Bomo so it would be a good chance to learn a new lake and learn some tips from other guys.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #31 on: Oct 03, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Count me in for sure! Cant wait to chill with everyone and drink BEER. Maybe we could have the drunkest angler trophy?? Just a thought lol

Nice first post! Welcome to IS. I vote bigswiggle to be the judge of who is drunkest. I hear you boys over benson way are pretty good drinkers.   :afro:

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Oct 03, 2013, 10:57 AM »
I think I would go if there was a get together in VT- I'm from NY though so I can't gurantee anything. It sounds like an awesome idea!

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 04, 2013, 06:47 PM »
I resemble that remark!  ;D

Count me in for sure! Cant wait to chill with everyone and drink BEER. Maybe we could have the drunkest angler trophy?? Just a thought lol
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline jpmVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Oct 24, 2013, 11:06 PM »
Folks still thinking of making this happen? First post of the year, it's (finally) getting chilly here in Montpelier! Getting the itch for sure!
-jm

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #35 on: Nov 11, 2013, 06:18 PM »
Nice first post! Welcome to IS. I vote bigswiggle to be the judge of who is drunkest. I hear you boys over benson way are pretty good drinkers.   :afro:

Its thebigwiggle.. not bigswiggle.. ;D  hopefully i will get the chance to finally meet you this year on the ice Lavman, becuase you crack me up on here... :roflmao:
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline icejumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 12, 2013, 10:39 AM »
 :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2013, 12:17 PM »
Sorry biwiggle, it has been quite a while since I had to type your name here on IS  ;D

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 22, 2013, 10:46 PM »
I fished the frostbite derby this year on November 2. Out of Charlotte Vermont And that was a lot of fun and there was about 50 fisherman fishing in that derby. There was no entry free. Everyone brought food and drinks so there was a ton of food and there was a very nice trophy given to the biggest salmon. If we can set this up like the frostbite derby this would be a blast. I say we designate one fish for the trophy and the biggest fish of the day will take the trophy determined by a length and poundage. For example if you decide to fish lake bomo seen a good fish species to designate would be either brown trout or pike  because those are the fish that are going to be the biggest coming out of the lake bomoseen.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 29, 2013, 05:41 PM »
Since when is Bomo in central VT?  I THINK MOST WOULD AGREE THAT IS IN s. vt, not to sound picky...
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline RipSomeLips22

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 29, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Bomo is definitely not central vt, if anything is call it south western

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 30, 2013, 06:35 AM »
Berlin Pond, now that would be considered Central VT.
Silly rookies, traps are for animals!!  Tilts are for kids!!  Fishermen use tip ups!

Offline Big Dee

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Die hard ice man forever
« Reply #42 on: Nov 30, 2013, 10:43 AM »
That sounds like a great idea...I would love to come for that
[img width=160 Dewayneheight=80]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/mistromatic/smallred.jpg[/img]

Offline Big Dee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 30, 2013, 10:48 AM »
ICE HOOK ANY NEW INFO ON THE 2014 get together?
[img width=160 Dewayneheight=80]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b629/mistromatic/smallred.jpg[/img]

Offline BigCountryVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2013, 12:53 PM »
Yes this just in, I heard that its mandatory for everyone to be over the Legal Limit before all Tip-Ups are in. If you have any further questions you can contact me. Thanks again BigCountry  ;)
RN4L

Offline lannino

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:29 PM »
I'm a little confused with this thread. Do we have a weekend to circle on the calendar yet?

Offline BeerBatteredFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:14 AM »
Count me in!

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 22, 2013, 02:04 PM »
The most central body of water in the state is Chittenden Reservoir. It's within 5 miles of the same distance by road from Highgate Springs as it is to Pownal, and within 7 miles of center of the state East and West.
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 23, 2013, 05:09 AM »
No, no no no no.  Everyone knows VT ends at rt 302 and rt 15, the rest is the dmz between VT and that other place....a buffer zone if you will.
The most central body of water in the state is Chittenden Reservoir. It's within 5 miles of the same distance by road from Highgate Springs as it is to Pownal, and within 7 miles of center of the state East and West.

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 23, 2013, 07:53 AM »
I think we should be thinking about a central location based on population density not geographically.  I also think that we need to consider what the location can handle, as in, size of the lake, parking, accessibility, and the most important, a strong fish population.   

Offline TroutWhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 23, 2013, 08:18 AM »
Berlin Pond is a bad, bad, bad idea!  The fight for an official access is still ongoing.  The state is in the decision making process regarding Montpelier's petition to ban gas augers and all shanties.  A few locals don't like to see different colored shanties on the ice.  They want to keep it "pristine".  Never mind the fact that there is only enough legal parking for about 8 trucks. 

To me, the obvious place would be one of the bays with good parking on Champlain.
2GUYZ FISHING

Offline Will Vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Dec 23, 2013, 02:30 PM »
I think we should be thinking about a central location based on population density not geographically.  I also think that we need to consider what the location can handle, as in, size of the lake, parking, accessibility, and the most important, a strong fish population.

I agree with this. No matter where it is people are going to complain about distance so we should pick a large body of water with a lot of parking. Maybe somehow break it down to 3-5 bodies of water and take a group vote that our moderator could keep track of? Just a thought.

Offline Big Dee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2013, 10:39 AM »
I agree with this. No matter where it is people are going to complain about distance so we should pick a large body of water with a lot of parking. Maybe somehow break it down to 3-5 bodies of water and take a group vote that our moderator could keep track of? Just a thought.
I think will is right....that was the same thing I was thinking travel is now a problem for me long as I can meet my ice shanty brothers I'm all for it whenever and where ever...

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 28, 2013, 12:59 PM »
I would say, somewhere on Lake Champlain.  I live in the NEK of Vermont.  I would have to travel, at least 60 miles or more, but if I had a place to stay over night, after the get together, that would be fine.  Trout season, starts, the second Saturday, in January.  I am usually, fishing up here, on a local lake for that, with family and friends.   ;D

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2014, 10:51 PM »
I havent heard anything on this . IceHook are you sill planning on doing this?

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:31 PM »
I also agree with this. I think it should be a February event. ;) ;)

Offline BigCountryVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:03 PM »
I'm thinkin BOMOSEEN all the way, Biggest Lake in Vermont and its fairly Central.
RN4L

Offline vtbuckrulrss

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 11, 2014, 01:44 PM »
It's below rt 302.  That area south of there is classified as Massachusetts.  Doesn't count.

Offline Green Mountain Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 28, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Bomo and/or several other neighboring waters which have nearby services, parking, quality fishery as evidence and an important consideration of acsess to a bait shop.

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 17, 2014, 10:13 AM »
Bump  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.