The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Augers  (Read 666 times)

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
Eskimo Augers
« on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:49 AM »
With the season quickly coming to a close I am begining to plan for next season.  Light, faster, more mobile is my goal.  I am already a very mobile fisherman but I am going for even more mobility and lighter weight.  I will be going to a one man shack instead of a two man, I will be cutting down the amount of gear I bring out to be very specific to the spieces I am chasing that day.  I would like to go to a 6" auger as oppose to an 8 in since I fish mostly for perch I don't really need an 8 in auger. 

Right now I am running an older eskimo piranha 8" auger.  I am wondering if you guys know whether or not I can buy a 6" bit for that auger from eskimo or am I stuck to the 8" bit?

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Eskimo Augers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:23 AM »
Go lighter yet and get a hand auger (fin-bore, lazer or nils) and leave the power auger at home.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Go lighter yet and get a hand auger (fin-bore, lazer or nils) and leave the power auger at home.

Been there done that. 20+ inches of ice is to much for me to punch a lot of holes through

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Not anymore. They used to sell a 6" bit but quit back in 06 I believe. You can hook up a strikemaster bit to it but it will not be a perfect fit, there will be a little slop in the connection. Strikemaster makes the lazer style bits in all sizes.

Here is some info on connecting a strikemaster bit to an eskimo auger. http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showflat.php/Number/1215327/fpart/1/lazer-bit-on-eskimo-auger
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.