The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Alford Pond in Hope  (Read 5798 times)

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Alford Pond in Hope
« Reply #60 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Easy young grasshopper!!! There is allot of pride that gets kicked around this site
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:23 PM »
Is the launch big enough for a 23 foot boat?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:25 PM »
REALLY!!! I have 3 more weeks of lay-off and you are gonna wish open water on me
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:42 PM »
sorry guys got carried away.
drilling and killing

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #64 on: Mar 06, 2013, 06:18 PM »
There goes any good brown fishing there was in that pond.  @)

I've heard that out on the street too. The burning seems a bit extreme here :-\
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Zack09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:32 PM »
ok guys no need for getting your panties all in a bunch. It wasnt all started for a jerry springer episode complaining back and forth. If you dont like that I put up where they were caught and pictures of them fine dont look at them its that simple, but there are people who enjoy the pictures and information that I posted.

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Mar 07, 2013, 06:06 AM »
ptiwnrowdy never said you did.
drilling and killing

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Mar 07, 2013, 09:09 AM »
Sorry just couldnt resist the tempatation
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=250621.0

I bet the farm he is 2hr+ from that lake

Offline kmgb42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!!!!
« Reply #68 on: Mar 07, 2013, 12:34 PM »
ok guys no need for getting your panties all in a bunch. It wasnt all started for a jerry springer episode complaining back and forth. If you dont like that I put up where they were caught and pictures of them fine dont look at them its that simple, but there are people who enjoy the pictures and information that I posted.
X2
A bad day of fishing will always be better than a good day at work!
(Nate D)

Offline TightLinesMaine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:10 PM »
anyone else find this topic/thread as hilarious as i do

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:17 PM »
Is that a question? I'll probably get in trouble but I kind just wanted to stir the pot. I have already had my b**t chewed for naming lakes. Just wanted to see someone else get it

Offline Grumpy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:21 PM »
crazy! shame on you for posting anything to do with fish!!  ;)

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:28 PM »
Yea I find it funny... mostly for the hyena type of lurkers that will pounce on any spot they think may produce quality fish. Sure glad I don't live in Southern Maine... AKA Northern Massachusetts.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Yea I find it funny... mostly for the hyena type of lurkers that will pounce on any spot they think may produce quality fish. Sure glad I don't live in Southern Maine... AKA Northern Massachusetts.

:whistle: :whistle:

Offline TightLinesMaine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Mar 07, 2013, 01:40 PM »
crazy! shame on you for posting anything to do with fish!!  ;)
;D

Offline EEEfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Mar 12, 2013, 07:57 PM »
The only shame here fellas is that a thriving Brown Trout fishery is gonna be turned into a put and take fishery.  Spot burning should be wrong in any sportsmens eyes who's worth his salt. Kmgb42 are you indeed a stalker ? :callcops:

Offline burgerboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Mar 12, 2013, 08:06 PM »
if you don't like what they post don't look at it. just saying.
drilling and killing

Offline gradysjeep

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Mar 12, 2013, 08:08 PM »
The only shame here fellas is that a thriving Brown Trout fishery is gonna be turned into a put and take fishery.  Spot burning should be wrong in any sportsmens eyes who's worth his salt. Kmgb42 are you indeed a stalker ? :callcops:

And you just bumped it to the top after being gone for 5 days......... so I am confused ???.  Guess everyone and their mommas already knew about it anyway

Offline PaulO230

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Zack09, I've been fishing that lake my entire life. I've put in more hours on that lake than most people on here. I've learned that lake by experience and countless days of fishing, not by a public, widespread forum post. AS YOU ALL KNOW BY NOW, (THANK YOU ZACK) YES I HAVE FINALLY HAD SOME DECENT LUCK ON THE LAKE. So for someone to feel the need to openly share that across the damn internet is very discouraging. You must not enjoy the feeling of solitary fishing, or the accomplishment that comes with working for, and finding your own fish. It's very rewarding, let me tell you. But obviously you feel that my success should be everyone elses knowledge. Here's a shocker for you, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS IN THE FISHING WORLD, especially for those who take pride in their hard work and success on the lakes. This is the worst spot burning post I have EVER seen, I can not believe this is still up here. Your argument is awful... yes you can go on the internet and find all stocking reports for lakes across the state. The majority of lakes in maine ARE stocked, but not every lake yields MULTIPLE 10LB + FISH. that's the kicker right there buddy, so just because you can find a brown-stocked lake online, doesn't mean you've found yourself one with fish of that quality. Moreover, for someone to post such a topic who doesn't even put in 1/10 of the time I do there, disgusts me. You must really lack attention in your life to bring it upon yourself in this matter on an online fishing forum, thanks bub.

Offline TightLinesMaine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:08 AM »
everyone complaining about spot burning are the people that are still posting/bumping this topic to the first page again kinda ironic....  ;D

Offline PaulO230

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:12 AM »
Everyone who wanted to know about it already knows now, so not a big deal. Just had to give him some S&%T

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:19 AM »
Everyone who wanted to know about it already knows now, so not a big deal. Just had to give him some S&%T

X2

With 1600+ views the damage is already done.

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:20 AM »
Could be harder to launch there at ice out than sebago.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline MadSledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:22 AM »
Hey it is a public water body, stocked with fish provided by public funds from ALL of us fishermen. Just because you like the fishing in the pond in your door yard the way it is doesn't make it wrong for someone else to say "hey look what I caught in lake so-and-so." This forum is a public place as well and if someone chooses to share the good time they had fishing, then congrats to them. Why people act like its the end of the world when someone utters the name of a lake is beyond me. If you think you are such a good fishmen, then you should do just find finding a new lake with fish, since there won't be nothin but perch and shiners in that one in a few months.   ::)

Very nice fish btw, I tried 4 times for browns this winter and never hooked up.  :bow:
Gotta Fishem' All!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.