Author Topic: Fishing 'the Gut' Lake Champlain  (Read 1726 times)

Offline Rick1852

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing 'the Gut' Lake Champlain
« on: Feb 18, 2013, 02:50 PM »
Hi everyone, I just stumbled upon this site and love it. Lots of good info, pictures and interesting stories . I will be fishing Lake Champlain next weekend for the first time thought the ice. Can anyone give me any tips on fishing the area known as 'the Gut '? It is at the the northern part of Grand Isle. We rented a place right on the water and was wondering how the fishing is there and what we might expect to catch. Should we fish there or venture out to the main part of the lake? Thanks, I really appreciate any info, tips. etc.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Fishing 'the Gut' Lake Champlain
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2013, 03:03 PM »
Hello and welcome to IceShanty.   If you could click on profile at the top of your screen and enter where you are from, it would help us dispense advice for you.   

Also, what are you looking to catch, perch, walleye, pike, lakers?
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Rick1852

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:08 PM »
Would be happy to catch anything but expect to possibly catch pike and warmwater fish there because it looks relatively shallow. Walleye would be a welcome bonus.

Offline Santo180

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:18 PM »
If you're after warmwater fish I'd stay relatively close to shore in less than 20 foot of water.  With being able to fish 15 tip ups, I'd probably rig some for perch and some for pike and hope for both.  Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.