The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: StrikeMaster ElectraLazer  (Read 1039 times)

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
StrikeMaster ElectraLazer
« on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:32 PM »
 Is this auger with it? Does anyone own one? Put in some reviews.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: StrikeMaster ElectraLazer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Should work great for opening up holes inside a perm. Aside for that, nope. Unless you go out and drill 2 holes and sit all day.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:43 PM »
My Son ilaw bought one a couple years ago and it works ok. A little lighter than my Ice gator but I am sure it won't last as long on the ice nor will it drill as many holes as fast but its OK. Just something I found out the other day when I used it-It does not have reverse like my gator does. You have to yank it back out of the hole once youre thru the ice. The Gator, hit reverse and the auger comes out on its own, bringing all the drillings to the top with it. But seeing gator is not around much anymore, the Strikemaster does a good job.

Offline HUNTnFISHSD

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Die Hard Fisherman
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2013, 10:25 PM »
 Thanks for the replies.

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Should work great for opening up holes inside a perm. Aside for that, nope. Unless you go out and drill 2 holes and sit all day.
What? I just got back from lake Simcoe sunday with my Electra Lazer and we drilled 30+ holes in 11" of ice on one battery no problem. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Best auger I have ever owned, better then my gas Strikemaster ......zero maintenance and zero fail rate compared to gas. You always give out ridiculous advice?  ???
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:52 PM »
My Son ilaw bought one a couple years ago and it works ok. A little lighter than my Ice gator but I am sure it won't last as long on the ice nor will it drill as many holes as fast but its OK. Just something I found out the other day when I used it-It does not have reverse like my gator does. You have to yank it back out of the hole once youre thru the ice. The Gator, hit reverse and the auger comes out on its own, bringing all the drillings to the top with it. But seeing gator is not around much anymore, the Strikemaster does a good job.
Ice Gators are junk ..... hence why they are indeed not around anymore ......after everyone sent their turds back to them. They don't do much of anything with burned out switches sitting in a pile back at Ice Gator.
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:18 PM »
What? I just got back from lake Simcoe sunday with my Electra Lazer and we drilled 30+ holes in 11" of ice on one battery no problem. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Best auger I have ever owned, better then my gas Strikemaster ......zero maintenance and zero fail rate compared to gas. You always give out ridiculous advice?  ???

That is about 10+ more than I have witnessed with that auger. You must have an aftermarket battery.

What if you set up 10 tip-ups plus 4 holes for jigging. 14 holes drilled. Then you want to move to the other side of the lake? 28 holes drilled. Well this lake isnt producing, you want to try another spot before we go home? Yup, but my auger is only good for 2 holes so choose wisely. 20 holes through a foot of ice is about average for that auger, unless you replace the battery with a much larger one and keep it warm.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline nitram

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2013, 03:23 PM »
I have one 3rd season with it.I had safety issues with storage and gas. Any way I have found the internal batt. needs to be fully charged and strong a 7amp hr will not work to well must be 9 amp hr or more. When the ice gets past 12" less holes can be made. I have noticed when the batt has some hrs on it you lose power big time. a strong new batt is a must. But I have taken a small deep cycle bat with and hooked it up and can dill holes all day have not noticed  it to be any less effective with colder temps. It cuts well,fast enough for my needs  and solved my storage issues. I do miss my Eskimo and will go back to it when my situation changes,but for now I have no real complants. Besides no mixing ,no smells, no spills. And the cost of batts vs gas, is not that great.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.