Author Topic: Reports and Conditions Section for Idaho  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Reports and Conditions Section for Idaho
« on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:19 PM »
If you look at most of the other states on Ice Shanty you will see that they have a Reports and Conditions section. Only reports can be given on each body of water listed. This eliminates some of the general discussion and potential drama ::) that a person may have to sort through to get an accurate report. (not that there is anything wrong with general and courteous discussion)
The section for general ice fishing conversation is still there and can be used the same as now.
Check out some of the other states and if you like what you see lets let our moderator know.
Thanks!

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Reports and Conditions Section for Idaho
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2013, 06:07 PM »
 Check Montana all the time. Don't care for that section you are talking about. I like the way ours is set up. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2013, 08:43 PM »
It would clean up a lot of duplicate threads

Offline baetis_elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2013, 01:59 PM »
I've come to appreciate the lake Montana reports and conditions pages.  It is very useful to open a thread for a given body of water and review the history of reports on it from past years in addition to current conditions and reports.  We can do that now but it takes a lot more sleuthing to go back through hundreds of mixed threads over the years the way we're set up. 

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2013, 06:31 PM »
I vote for creating such a section, mostly to reduce duplicate threads.  Beats searching for multiple threads to see what has been going on at one body of water.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline WyoIceChaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2013, 08:50 PM »
I find having the reports and conditions useful as well.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2013, 11:28 PM »
It's nice having a page for reports on specific water bodies  and a page for fish talk. One thread with 64 pages makes searching a little cumbersome.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2013, 06:27 PM »
though to be fair, most of the lake reports pages in this board end up as fish talk about that specific lake.

Offline Hamstn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2013, 08:51 PM »
So you end up with either pages of threads or a thread full of pages. I don't care either way but an option is to make a report thread and we all agree to just post reports in it. As reports are added it brings it back to the top. Those areas that are not fished much may be lost further down but so be it, it may be for the best?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2013, 08:55 PM »
You know, you guys could put a suggestion about this in the
Iceshanty suggestion/comment area
for the owner to see.  ;D  The only thing is you have to make sure you keep the reports and conditions board just that, Reports and conditions.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 01, 2013, 09:35 PM »
Thanks to all those who have commented on this so far.  :clap:
FYI, I did send a message to our moderator (Hoosier) about this. He responded that he would look into it and get back to us when he finds out more.
Keep the comments coming...

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2013, 01:50 PM »
Hey, I'd still like to see this happen.  Did the idea die?
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2013, 03:18 PM »
I would still like to see it happen. It seems pretty popular on other state pages.
Whatcha think guys?

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2013, 04:16 PM »
You mean having a separate thread for each lake?

I think it would create a lot of threads and maybe hard to sift through?  But, if we could somehow put in a general folder like under the tourney list and then have separate threads for each lake contained in something away from the main Idaho forum, I think that would be very helpful.

I just looked at Montana's set up, that would be nice.

Offline baetis_elk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2013, 05:19 PM »
I also like the Montana set up.  I find it very useful and pretty easy to navigate.  Also as the thread for a given lake builds over time it becomes a really valuable source of info for anyone new to that lake.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2013, 08:23 AM »
I could go either way on this issue, I've noticed that some states that have the separate lake threads don't get used as much. Hoosier could nicely create a list of all the lakes and then only 10% of the people use it. Kind of a waste of time for him.

Offline turdfurgeson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2013, 08:42 AM »
Whats taking so long? ;)

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Maybe we could just have the new thread created in the community board and then have members post the new threads for each new lake they know about?

Then he wouldn't have to make each one separately it would just grow over time.  With that said, we as members would need to monitor the board and/or search it before adding a new post.

Then it would just be a matter of deleting anything that was a double thread, which would be a PITA.

I wouldn't mind taking care of that if he wanted some help with mod duties of a reports and conditions section.

Offline spud bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:16 PM »
You know, you guys could put a suggestion about this in the
Iceshanty suggestion/comment area
for the owner to see.  ;D  The only thing is you have to make sure you keep the reports and conditions board just that, Reports and conditions.

Well FWIW, I did just that. We'll see what happens ;D
If they decide to add an R&C board, the rest of you can figure out what other bodies of water you want included.
For purely selfish reasons since I pretty much just fish Cascade Res. I only included info for that reservoir.
If this is something you're in favor of and want your lake included, then post up.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=277856.0

Offline idtrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2014, 02:36 PM »
i think it is a good idea for all the reasons mentioned, I have not looked at other states to see what they have but maybe the Idaho site could be set up with a seperate section for northern ice, southern & eastern.

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2014, 08:56 PM »
I really like the Reports and Conditions section! I check Wyoming's just for one trip a year we make to the Gorge. It is easy to find how the ice is doing without reading a bunch of other stuff. Under Idaho there are so many different threads about the same body of water, and you have to read them all. Or there will be a thread about a whole area with many bodies of water in that area, so you have to read the whole thing when looking for just one lake. I'd like to see this happen.
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline idahohunter1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:49 PM »
bump
On the ice again, just can't wait to get on the ice again, the life I love is catching fish with my friends, and I can't wait to get on the ice again. "kinda Willie Nelson"

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 30, 2014, 07:58 PM »
So who are the mods who can get this set up?  I, personally, would like to see this.  If they didnt get used, i imagine they could be discontinued.  I agree with the previous comments, it is usually hard to wade through other topics just to get a condition report.

Offline gunslinger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 30, 2014, 08:25 PM »
I totally agree and think that this would b a great idea! Just look at the several repetitive cascade threads or the one incredibly long North Idaho ice thread and u can c that the need is obvious

Offline CarbonDraw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:24 AM »
I also would love to see the Reports and Conditions page.  This would be a very nice feature and prevent the same lakes from getting multiple threads yearly.  One thread per body of water that could go back years.  Go for it. 

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2014, 10:49 AM »
I agree completely. I am new to the site, but have spent most of my time just searching for information on a handful of lakes. It would be great if they were seperated out in their own section so that you could easily find them!

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:02 AM »
Hoosier is our moderator. I sent him a few PM's. If you get the chance fire one off to him about it.  :)

Offline bentrodz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 31, 2014, 01:27 PM »
They need to just put the popular lakes up in the sticky thread section at top of list. The kokanee fishing forum has it set up that way and it works well. Just one option.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2014, 02:31 PM »
I liked the idea of a thread per lake, not just the popular lakes. Maybe only a handful of people fish Round lake or some of the other small lakes further north, but finding information on ice conditions for those waters is just as important to those people.

Offline spud bar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 31, 2014, 03:21 PM »
I'm guessing this is a busy time of year for this to get done. They will need specifics for each BOW to get on the list. If it's a go, I will volunteer to put a list together for them to help streamline the process.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.