The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: eskimo z-71  (Read 1052 times)

Offline tommyhebden

• IceShanty Rookie
eskimo z-71
« on: Feb 05, 2013, 02:51 PM »
I'm 13 years old and  been ice fishing for 3 years I saved up $800 and bought a nice frabill trekker III shanty and I love it but were at 15-16 inches of ice so I figured I would spend my other 450$ on the new awesome z-71 gas auger by eskimo  bought a eskimo z-71 2 days ago used it for the first time ever let it warm up used perfect measured 50:1 like it says. drilled 2 holes and oil sprayed out the sparkplugs and the pressure nob so called eskimo and they game me 2 references so I call both to find out the "viper engine" is Chinese so they refuse to work on them and they also refuse to take returns on my 2 DAY old machine.. thanks for the bad service now i'm broke my parents are trying to help and if this doesn't work out then ill be forced to let you know how bad the service is BTW THIS IS THE 2ND TIME first time they took it back and sent  me what I believes the  same auger now seasons almost over and I cant drill ice fast and fish more  :icefish:  :-\ :'(

Offline Mike47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: eskimo z-71
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2013, 02:57 PM »
That`s sucks ,it sounds like you have a bad one. I have had mine for 3 seasons and is running great. You do have a warranty and they have to back it up. (Note ) Glens Outdoores has them $100 cheaper.
IMG]http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q762/MikeGoe49/lx001.jpg[/IMG]

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2013, 05:37 AM »
That sucks, and its not acceptable, I would contact eskimo again and tell them to take it back and return your money, Eskimo is a good company, they should talk to the store where you bought it!  Don't get another eskimo, there augers suck now, I've seen so many issues with them.  If they don't help you tell them you will post it all over the internet!!  And when you get your money back save up a little more and go with a Tanaka or Husqvarna, my Tanaka has a 7 year warranty!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:22 AM »
Eskimo has the best customer service around. For your info, ALL the engines are made in China, there is not one Amercican made engine out there on any ice auger. What are you referring to with "pressure nob"? There is no such thing.  I'd also like to know where you get your info that they "refuse to work on them". Absolutely untrue.
Call Ardisam at 1 800 345 6007, ext 146, Eva. Eskimo takes care of their customers.
Good luck.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Tanaka is made in Japan, husqvarna's are made in sweden, the strikemaster solo's are made in germany I don't care for anything that is made in china, the pressure nob his is referring to is the decompression button, I have seen this happen, the z71 is a big vibrating turd, my hands got numb after I used my cousins.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Solo's are  engineered in Germany and made in China.  ;)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:01 PM »
that's who I bought it from and they told me I should have bought from someone else and  they don't want to hear **** about it so if ou have the choice do not buy  from glens out doors im yet to get a good expierenced worker through them they just cussed about how its my problem. so in my opinion that store is a terrible establishment

To heck with Glens, tommy, call Eva at Eskimo at the number I posted above, and they WILL help you out. Tell her exactly what you posted here, and you shouldn't have a problem. Keep us advised, and good luck.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2013, 09:15 PM »
I'm 13 years old and  been ice fishing for 3 years I saved up $800 and bought a nice frabill trekker III shanty and I love it but were at 15-16 inches of ice so I figured I would spend my other 450$ on the new awesome z-71 gas auger by eskimo  bought a eskimo z-71 2 days ago used it for the first time ever let it warm up used perfect measured 50:1 like it says. drilled 2 holes and oil sprayed out the sparkplugs and the pressure nob so called eskimo and they game me 2 references so I call both to find out the "viper engine" is Chinese so they refuse to work on them and they also refuse to take returns on my 2 DAY old machine.. thanks for the bad service now i'm broke my parents are trying to help and if this doesn't work out then ill be forced to let you know how bad the service is BTW THIS IS THE 2ND TIME first time they took it back and sent  me what I believes the  same auger now seasons almost over and I cant drill ice fast and fish more  :icefish:  :-\ :'(

Read the thread, and have a very hard time believing you are a 13 yr old kid. Someone is on a fishing excursion.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:48 AM »
I wanna see his update after he calls 'MO.... ::)

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:40 PM »
That sucks, and its not acceptable, I would contact eskimo again and tell them to take it back and return your money, Eskimo is a good company, they should talk to the store where you bought it!  Don't get another eskimo, there augers suck now, I've seen so many issues with them.  If they don't help you tell them you will post it all over the internet!!  And when you get your money back save up a little more and go with a Tanaka or Husqvarna, my Tanaka has a 7 year warranty!

what are these issues you speak  of? my eskimo has been amazing! I have 3 friends that also have z71s and they all will never buy anything else....
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline tommyhebden

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2013, 12:32 PM »
I did call eva she helped got a new one it is amazing! thanks everyone

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2013, 01:21 PM »
I did call eva she helped got a new one it is amazing! thanks everyone