The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: which new auger  (Read 3664 times)

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
Re: which new auger
« Reply #30 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:58 PM »
ITS A DONE DEAL ;D Thanks for all the input seems to be a lot of personal preference. I just ordered an Eskimo Z71 10in. auger and I got it for 350 buks! Im stoked!
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline mr tip up

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:01 PM »
enjoy your new toy
what is and what should never be

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2013, 12:18 AM »
It's hard when you get a new toy, but remember to follow the correct break in procedure.

Offline dave bartlett

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 09, 2013, 09:41 AM »
         I have no complaints on my strikemaster lazer mag 2000.It cuts faster then hell.I will be purchasing a Nils next year just to see what all the hype is about for them.I will give my strikemaster to my son.The only bad thing i heard about the nils is the price,about $600.And i have read over 500 reviews mostly from Lake Of The Woods.

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #34 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:58 PM »
I have a strikemaster lasermag with 8" blades that look like hand auger blades,it starts and runs everytime and cuts ice like it was butter,its probably 6 years old now

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #35 on: Feb 09, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Its a done deal I went with the Z71 and I got it for 350 buks a lot of good reviews only a couple bad. Recoil seems to be an issue I guess Im gonna find out
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline bassinny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2013, 06:20 AM »
good choice I have the mako 43 and I love it it cuts very fast and have had no problems with it yet

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2013, 06:35 AM »
Its a done deal I went with the Z71 and I got it for 350 buks a lot of good reviews only a couple bad. Recoil seems to be an issue I guess Im gonna find out
Where did you find that deal? I have a friend looking to buy one now.
<===Lefty===

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:05 AM »
I have the jiffy propane and like it but I bought it cause I have an SUV and didn't want that fuel smell in the vehicle. It starts easy but is heavy. If I owned a pick up truck, I probably would'e went with an Eskimo. My bro just got the z71 and it looks like a good unit and runs fine. Anything brand new should run fine and if it doesn't, get a refund and stay away from that type of auger.
Don't place too much emphasis on auger races, the objective is to fish and have fun, not compete in a race. If you can drill through 30" of ice in under a minute, your doing fine.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:41 AM »
My 33cc tanaka absolutely kills the z71 in a race! I'm running a 10" strikemaster dual blade. And that's out on lake Winnipeg 3 feet of ice!
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #40 on: Feb 12, 2013, 02:06 PM »
Well I will dive in, I have a Strikemaster power auger. it was bought when no one even heard of them, I have mine 30 plus years and have the same blades on the auger, Just this year I changed the blade out account of I won a couple of them on Ebay in the off season for like 5 bucks a piece, I like the way they start, they are not heavy and they keep up with any of the other power augers out there

Offline MTTravis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 12, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Strikemaster is the way to go I had a mag 2000 and just upgraded to the strike master hondalite 4 stroke  they are both great augers. My biggest thing against some jiffys is they throw ice and water all over your feet and legs because of how fast the spin and their blade design

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.