Author Topic: 2013 International Eelpout Festival 02/15-02/17 Leech Lake Walker, MN  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
Anyone going? This will be my first year. I would like to get a Team IceShanty team together for the competition (this wold be separate from the individual events). From the official rules:

"Team Tonnage: All teams must submit a roster of team members by 5 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2013. All team members must be registered at the headquarters of the International Eelpout Festival at Walker City Park and posses an official eelpout button. Teams may have a roster of not more than 20 members. Winning team will be determined by the total weight of the eelpout registered by the team. Any eelpout caught by a team member is eligible in any other category."

There are prizes for the team that catches the most weight, it would be nice to find twenty or close to it of us IceShanty members going so that we could create a team and enter the team portion of the competition. It looks like all I would need would be your name and then you would just have to make sure you have a button and are registered. I would be able to submit the roster. Meeting up for a couple brewskis would also be alright since I think that takes place there as well as fishing ;D

http://www.eelpoutfestival.com/
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
I did this many, many years ago. I don't think I even fished. I know I got pretty drunk drinking vodka through that frozen pout though  :sick:

They make great funnels  :cookoo: ;)

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
I did this many, many years ago. I don't think I even fished. I know I got pretty drunk drinking vodka through that frozen pout though  :sick:

They make great funnels  :cookoo: ;)

Haha do you have any pics of you using your Eelpout funnel?
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
-John Buchan

Offline boxcar

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • RETIRED!!
wish I did, been a long time ago since I done that

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
wish I did, been a long time ago since I done that

I say you go back this year and do it again.
-John Buchan

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Unless I'm working it I'll have all kinds of free time feel free to look me up.
Hard Ice

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Unless I'm working it I'll have all kinds of free time feel free to look me up.

If you aren't on a team yet put your name down for the Team IceShanty team ;D
-John Buchan

Offline IceRaider

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If you aren't on a team yet put your name down for the Team IceShanty team ;D

Always do
Hard Ice

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Always do
Does someone else set up a team for Team IceShanty? This is my first year going so if someone else does it I will let them handle it.
-John Buchan

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
I have been there twice. Don't really remember either time.
Once was last year!  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Does someone else set up a team for Team IceShanty? This is my first year going so if someone else does it I will let them handle it.

When you figure out your team name post it and I'll see what I can do to add some tonnage...
Hard Ice

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular

When you figure out your team name post it and I'll see what I can do to add some tonnage...

I was just going to go with Team IceShanty so we can all add ourselves to it. I have 2-4 guys so far but would like to see us get 20 guys or close to it.
-John Buchan

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Where do you plan on setting up at ???
Hard Ice

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Where do you plan on setting up at ???

No place in particular, I have been checking the Navionics map for the lake and am going to try to set up on what I consider good Eelpout habitat if the spot isn't too crowded.
-John Buchan

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No place in particular, I have been checking the Navionics map for the lake and am going to try to set up on what I consider good Eelpout habitat if the spot isn't too crowded.

Sounds good .. I'll inbox you my cell number ..
So far I've been north south east west shores
Next is rite dead center..
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.