Author Topic: marcum lx6 or 7  (Read 1306 times)

#1 ice fisssher in IN

marcum lx6 or 7
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:01 AM »
  Does anyone have either of these units ?
If so is it maybe possible for us to meet on a lake some where so I can see on it in action ?
Also the difference between a 6 or7 is just the size of the screen ?
Have fl 20 an would like to see the difference before I buy one .

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: marcum lx6 or 7
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 08:20 AM »
  Does anyone have either of these units ?
If so is it maybe possible for us to meet on a lake some where so I can see on it in action ?
Also the difference between a 6 or7 is just the size of the screen ?
Have fl 20 an would like to see the difference before I buy one .

I just moved from an FL20 to an LX7 this year.  From what I have seen so far with limited time on ice,  I am going to really like it. 

I moved the the LX7 because I wanted an upgradeable platform.  The LX7 is upgradeable over the internet and also can be upgraded to an LX9 if I choose to add a camera. (send back to marcum for this upgrade)  The LX7 is upgradeable with the LX6 not having that capability.  I decided to go with the LX7 over the LX6 because I like the screen size of the LX7.  I will be upgrading to a camera in the future,  I believe I could learn so much more by seeing the structures I am fishing.

#1 ice fisssher in IN

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:20 AM »
  Thanks for info .  As u get more time with it can u keep me updated ?

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2013, 11:22 AM »
  Thanks for info .  As u get more time with it can u keep me updated ?

Sure,  I will let you know after saturday!

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:16 AM »
I just moved from an FL20 to an LX7 this year.  From what I have seen so far with limited time on ice,  I am going to really like it. 

I moved the the LX7 because I wanted an upgradeable platform.  The LX7 is upgradeable over the internet and also can be upgraded to an LX9 if I choose to add a camera. (send back to marcum for this upgrade)  The LX7 is upgradeable with the LX6 not having that capability.  I decided to go with the LX7 over the LX6 because I like the screen size of the LX7.  I will be upgrading to a camera in the future,  I believe I could learn so much more by seeing the structures I am fishing.
[/quote]

LX-6 is upgradeable, just not to a camera.  Still has capability for internet updates.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.