Author Topic: Pleasant Lake, Deerfield NH  (Read 9938 times)

Offline crileyNH

• IceShanty Rookie
Pleasant Lake, Deerfield NH
« on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Me and my friends are getting anxious to do some ice fishing!  Anybody been by Pleasant Lake recently?  We have had some cold weather, but recent snow probably isn't helping our cause!  It was very slow there last year, but I figure they were waiting for this year to strike! ;D.   I do very well in this lake during the summer months, but the winter is not so hot.  But we have a nice house to stay warm in, and always have fun...

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Pleasant Lake, Deerfield NH
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:39 AM »
I can't tell you anything about Pleasant lake in Deerfield, but I would like to welcome you to ice shanty and hope you have a great season. :)

Offline crileyNH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:42 AM »
Thank you!  Where do find the fish in NH?  Are those pics from Alton Bay?

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:46 AM »
The one to the right is from the IS outing last year and the other tow are from lake wentworth last year.

Offline ScreaminSpool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Pleasant was far from safe before the snow.  The new snow cover has created a tretchorous condition on top of already unsafe ice.  Be safe!
Remember.  Where ever you go, there you are.

Offline nh archer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2012, 10:59 AM »
Working at pleasant lake day before yesterday, and not a spec of ice in sight... but the sand flats by the launch were starting to get that "slushy" look in spots.  forcast looks great, though!

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Can't wait for it to lock up good and hard I'll be the big guy with the black bob house your all welcome to stop in if you see it and us there

Offline crileyNH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2012, 03:59 PM »
Sounds good!  I drove by Massabesic earlier, and it's wide open!  I guess we'll wait a while.  We are in the silver bobhouse (the one with the satellite dish on the outside- my friends have a good sense of humor!)

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2012, 04:06 PM »
Wind wind go away we want smooth water not waves lol

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2012, 04:11 PM »
Every year I say I'm gonna fish that pond. Maybe this is the year.

Offline deerhunter5503

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:34 PM »
I love fishing pleasant. Went and checked it out today and it didn't look good yet. Guess I have more time to build the new shack
Like, Share, and Subscribe
https://www.youtube.com/user/HuntDucks5503/videos

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2012, 09:19 PM »
I hate to tell you guys this, but you only know half the story...
The south cove of Pleasant (opposite the boat launch) had a solid 3 inches today. Head out of that cove and it's mostly open water. Unfortunately, as far as I know there's no great access to the southern cove unless you know someone who lives there. My friend rents a house there an called me up yesterday to say the ice in that corner of the lake was safe. I didn't believe him, but he wasn't kidding -- it was thick enough to support us, plus a couple other guys who were using a snowblower to clear a skating rink.

It was windy as all heck, but we still managed a couple decent trout. One skinny 17" brown and a fat 16" brookie.

Offline crileyNH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:42 AM »
I am going to the South end tonight for a new year's party- I think that was the people you saw clearing the ice rink...  I am sure a week or two more of this really cold weather and it will be FISH ON!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2012, 09:12 AM »
Whats up icefshninnh ...cant wait to get out there  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:  :tipup:

Catch A Buzz

Offline Rob M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:01 AM »
Took a ride over on New Years morning, ice is not ready yet at the launch. Good news is that the lake is 95% covered with ice. Ice at the launch is sketchy. Looks like at least another week of cold weather is needed before it is good for some fishin.

Offline icemanbb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2013, 08:30 AM »
They are talking single digits the next couple of nights. I have Friday off so hopefully there will be 3-4" at the beach by then. Even if I can only fish shallow, I will fish. Also looks like the wind will die down by then. I have a bunch of fat meal worms just waiting to be gobbled up by hungry trout. Last year on several occasions I saw fish that were between 5-10 lbs swimming under my holes! They were not interested in my baits (shiners/mealworms/eggs) but they seemed to be attracted by the smaller fish feeding and fighting over my baits. This year I have a camera to see what they are. Hopefilly they are trout. I love new toys!
Where else can a simple mortal like myself walk on water?

Offline dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:56 AM »
 :icefish: looking to put a shanty on pleasant it will be open for anybody to use i would just ask one thing i would like to keep a log just sign any part of the wall maybe in two weeks if we get safe ice :icefish:  how is the ice on stinsin?
happy wife happy life

Offline Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Wait for it.. Wait for it... Still wait... FLAG!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2013, 01:31 PM »
I'm hoping to head to Pleasant possibly tomorrow (today would be nice too but the winds might blow my portable across the lake even if its tied down). If anyone sees a small black 2 man pop up feel free to stop by and say hello. Most of the time I'll have the wheeler with me if you need some help getting gear to your spot, I'll have a two way with me on channel 5.5 just give a shout to Scorpio. And if you need some holes drilled I have a 10" auger.
Good luck everyone and let the flags fly!!
Scorpio

Offline icemanbb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:56 PM »
Scorpio, I plan to fish Pleasant Fri & Sat if work allows. Right now I use a little black lean-to sort of shelter, but I will most likely be buying a bigger Clam over the next few weeks. I have been fishing mostly up the far end of the beach/launch area but out a little deeper than most, right at the beginning of the drop off. I want to explore some other areas this year with the 4-wheeler, I am sure there are some other spots that hold trout...and less people. I have seen some scarey size fish swimming in that place, and I've become addicted to "sight" fishing in the tent. Some days it's so busy that i don't even set out tip-ups.

Offline Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:51 PM »
If Northwood Lake is frozen enough I'll just drive across with the atv. But if its still soft ice I'll have to take the long route with the truck.
Hope to see you there!

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:43 AM »
Scorpio72, did you go out yesterday? How did the ice on the rest of the lake look?

Offline Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:41 AM »
I going over around 2:00PM today to take a look and check ice thickness. will post when I get back.

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2013, 12:00 PM »
Do you think it will be safe enough to drag a bob house out on a trailer behind my truck by next weekend lol we are in a little artic weather fianly

Offline Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2013, 01:47 PM »
Well there is just over 2" at the boat launch, but stacked ice, I walked on it a bit but the broken ice sinks. Another 2-3 days of freezing weather and it should be good. I'll check again in a few days. Black ice as far as I could see :(

Offline icemanbb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:23 PM »
I just went by the boat ramp at Pleasant an hour ago, and it's not looking good. I would say there is about 1-2" of ice out a ways, and then who knows what. I saw where some brave soul drilled a hole today with his auger about 6' from shore, and I'll bet it took 4 or 5 rotations of the blade to cut through. I have Friday off but it's not looking too good for fishing there. Even if we build an inch or so the next couple of nights, my age and experience tells me to grab the sled and head north to do some riding. My next day off is 1/12 so I hope to be out there then. Think cold...and no wind.

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:40 PM »
I want ice so I can put my shack  out and have a million dollar view tax free lol I'll try to get over and check the ice sat or sun I've been sick so thanks for the updates

Offline dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:10 PM »
 :whistle:don't say it to loud, there's nothing left to tax :icefish:
happy wife happy life

Offline Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2013, 01:57 AM »
Right now it's 3:00 am the temp outside in Northwood is 1.6 degrees outside and a little windy. I bet the lakes just made a couple inches of ice tonight. I'll stop by Pleasant later on today for another check up. Last night I went to Madbury Res, stopped by and talked to George Taylor (P.S. he's got live bait in stock and getting more live bait in today in case you need some) I took a short walk out from Hook Mill Road drilled a few holes to find 2.5" of ice under a crusty snow cover. Needs more time to set in my opinion. maybe a few more cold nights.

Offline Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:37 PM »
Well everyone, this afternoon I felt like Moses... I can walk on water. Hesitantly inch by inch. It is strange to see clean through the ice to the bottom and wonder if the fish are going to use us as a clown in a dunking booth... I ventured out onto Pleasant Lake, drilled two holes about 15 feet apart to check the thickness. Just a little over three inches thick, but kept fracturing around in various places. Two others joined me but they stuck close to shore just in case the fish hit the bulls-eye and sent me into the drink. As I was heading out two more were walking towards the cove. Also talked to a local guy ice skating around the area. If he can act like Moses on two thin steel rails, I think its safe to say the ice is ok for someone to walk on with LIGHT gear but give it a few more good cold days before bringing out the "Tax Free Homes".
Stay safe and check all ice before you get too brave and happy fishing.

Offline icemanbb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:29 AM »
I think I'll spend today getting stuff ready then make a dump run. 3" is plenty for me if I fish shallow, and i love watching what goes on down there! See you guys on Saturday, I'll probably be using my camo hunting blind untill I can get up to Cabales to get my new shelter. Kill'em and grill'em!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.