Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Ice Fishing Shanty
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | KitteryTradingPost | Cabelas
Jul 29, 2014, 04:53 PM
Support Iceshanty... Get some great gear and forum goodies... Join The Iceshanty Militia

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?
The board sponsored by:

Author Topic: Pleasant Lake, Deerfield NH  (Read 4691 times)

nixstyx

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular

Re: Pleasant Lake, Deerfield NH
« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:43 AM »
Scorpio72, did you go out yesterday? How did the ice on the rest of the lake look?

Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie

• Wait for it.. Wait for it... Still wait... FLAG!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2013, 08:41 AM »
I going over around 2:00PM today to take a look and check ice thickness. will post when I get back.

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2013, 11:00 AM »
Do you think it will be safe enough to drag a bob house out on a trailer behind my truck by next weekend lol we are in a little artic weather fianly

Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2013, 12:47 PM »
Well there is just over 2" at the boat launch, but stacked ice, I walked on it a bit but the broken ice sinks. Another 2-3 days of freezing weather and it should be good. I'll check again in a few days. Black ice as far as I could see :(

icemanbb

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2013, 04:23 PM »
I just went by the boat ramp at Pleasant an hour ago, and it's not looking good. I would say there is about 1-2" of ice out a ways, and then who knows what. I saw where some brave soul drilled a hole today with his auger about 6' from shore, and I'll bet it took 4 or 5 rotations of the blade to cut through. I have Friday off but it's not looking too good for fishing there. Even if we build an inch or so the next couple of nights, my age and experience tells me to grab the sled and head north to do some riding. My next day off is 1/12 so I hope to be out there then. Think cold...and no wind.
Where else can a simple mortal like myself walk on water?

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2013, 05:40 PM »
I want ice so I can put my shack  out and have a million dollar view tax free lol I'll try to get over and check the ice sat or sun I've been sick so thanks for the updates

dane grasso

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:10 PM »
 :whistle:don't say it to loud, there's nothing left to tax :icefish:
happy wife happy life

Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2013, 12:57 AM »
Right now it's 3:00 am the temp outside in Northwood is 1.6 degrees outside and a little windy. I bet the lakes just made a couple inches of ice tonight. I'll stop by Pleasant later on today for another check up. Last night I went to Madbury Res, stopped by and talked to George Taylor (P.S. he's got live bait in stock and getting more live bait in today in case you need some) I took a short walk out from Hook Mill Road drilled a few holes to find 2.5" of ice under a crusty snow cover. Needs more time to set in my opinion. maybe a few more cold nights.

Scorpio72

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Well everyone, this afternoon I felt like Moses... I can walk on water. Hesitantly inch by inch. It is strange to see clean through the ice to the bottom and wonder if the fish are going to use us as a clown in a dunking booth... I ventured out onto Pleasant Lake, drilled two holes about 15 feet apart to check the thickness. Just a little over three inches thick, but kept fracturing around in various places. Two others joined me but they stuck close to shore just in case the fish hit the bulls-eye and sent me into the drink. As I was heading out two more were walking towards the cove. Also talked to a local guy ice skating around the area. If he can act like Moses on two thin steel rails, I think its safe to say the ice is ok for someone to walk on with LIGHT gear but give it a few more good cold days before bringing out the "Tax Free Homes".
Stay safe and check all ice before you get too brave and happy fishing.

icemanbb

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #29 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:29 AM »
I think I'll spend today getting stuff ready then make a dump run. 3" is plenty for me if I fish shallow, and i love watching what goes on down there! See you guys on Saturday, I'll probably be using my camo hunting blind untill I can get up to Cabales to get my new shelter. Kill'em and grill'em!
Where else can a simple mortal like myself walk on water?

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:17 AM »
I'm going to my friends to get a  trailer Saturday by midweek I'll push my shack out if therse no snow lol thanks to the election my shantys fairly light  I used the big plastic signs and like twenty 2xs so its not a killer weight wise its a big black box so if we are there feel free to stop in to warm up or just say hello its nice to put a face to a tag

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2013, 12:14 PM »
Anyone get out to day how much ice so far please any info is a help

deerhunter5503

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2013, 03:20 PM »
Yeah please let us know. Was trying to get up there today but had to much to do. My shacks on the trailer ready to go!!!!!! Can't wait to be fishing the hardwater

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:22 PM »
lol mine too thought I would put it out Tuesday if even just on the ice I'll push it out a few feet by hand lol I don't fish that far out   anyways

4everIceFisher

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2013, 04:32 PM »
Was out on Harvey Lake today and yesterday. There were a few groups out there too. There was 6 plus inches of ice.

deerhunter5503

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Do any of you guys that fish pleasant know of a good place to get bait close by? I usually have to go way out of my way to get shiners

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #36 on: Jan 07, 2013, 07:32 AM »
There's a place in raymond but its tough for early starts you ring the doorbell and wait for him to come out from house to go to his shop I try to get my bait the night before

Troutpursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #37 on: Jan 07, 2013, 08:43 AM »
I fished Pleasant on Sunday.  The shore by the boat ramp had 5" of black ice where I fished.  As the sun and temps rose the ice was very noisy.  Alittle unsettling.  I get bait in Madbury at Taylor's.  He usually is well stocked with all sizes. 

icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #38 on: Jan 07, 2013, 10:46 AM »
How far out were you ? And did you have any luck lol not trying to be a hound how was the snow banks by the ramp can i get a four wheel drive truck to waters edge with out a lot of work some years the plow guys push all the snow that way not thinking we you the lake in the winter thanks for any info

Troutpursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #39 on: Jan 07, 2013, 11:02 AM »
I was in tight trout fishing.  Caught one Brown.  You should be able to get fairly close to the ice.  There's a small snow bank but there's been plenty of foot traffic to pack it down. 

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Muck Boots | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | Cabelas
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved