The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: School Ice Fishing Team  (Read 1427 times)

Offline 450foreman04

• IceShanty Rookie
School Ice Fishing Team
« on: Dec 17, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I am a teacher in Northwest WI and our school is starting an ice fishing team.  In the area and state there are teams of students that compete against each other at tournaments.  We held an interest meeting last week and had about 25 students show up- with more that were unable to attend.  It is something that we are moving forward with.  Some of the students obviously have all their own gear, but there are a few that don't have much (if any).  The advisors (4 staff members so far) have some extra gear, but not enough. 

I am looking for ideas of companies to have our students contact in hopes finding donations.  If you can think of any companies to contact please let me know!  The more we ask the better chance we have of getting donations.  We are not looking for expensive items- but we probably wouldn't turn any down ;) either.  Jigs, poles, tipups, line, hooks, any other small stuff is fine.  Thanks for any ideas you can give.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Re: School Ice Fishing Team
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2012, 09:02 AM »
I would definatly contact HT because they could set you up with just about everything if they are willing to donate.

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2012, 09:32 AM »
Ht would be one I would contact as well as Frabill. You might have more luck having someone from the school contact them as opposed to having a student do it. Explain to them the reason for this and let them know what you were thinking you might need. Ask them for some stickers for on your buckets and tackle boxes so that you can show off the conpanies who were willing to help you out.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2012, 10:57 AM »
You could also do some kind of fundraiser to help raise some money for the program.

Offline Jiginitis

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PACKERS. BERNIE. BUCKY
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Wish I had this when I was in school very cool
Here's to the heat not the type that heat shacks and shanty's but the type that burn off bras and panties

-hummingbird 345c
-frabill
St.croix rods

Offline NITE-BITE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2012, 05:24 PM »
Maybe a good idea to post a shipping address.

People can send you stuff that they do not use or want.

Just pick through it for whatever you can use.

Nothing wrong in asking for personnel donations.

Give it a try, why not?

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2012, 06:29 PM »
Maybe a good idea to post a shipping address.

People can send you stuff that they do not use or want.

Just pick through it for whatever you can use.

Nothing wrong in asking for personnel donations.

Give it a try, why not?

I agree most sportsman are more than willing to help our youth carry on the sport. Especially something as cool as an icefishing team in school. I for one would have some donations. Especially jigs, and maybe even a jig rod or two being I just started buying up straight line combos so all my old gear will just be taking up space in my garage.
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline WhiskyCrappie52

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Ice fishing high school team?? That is awesome!!! Knock down all sorts of doors local bait shops big name companys, I sure hope you can come up with some good gear for the kids.

Offline icebrad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2012, 07:58 PM »
check out craigslist and local bait shops, stores  (gander mountain,walmart, ect..)   the schools by me have outdoor clubs and get donations for fishing tourneys that the kids compete each other

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:12 PM »
So envious right now. I mean I was a part of my fishing team my senior year, but they NEVER ice fished, whiched irritated me, but yeah HT and Frabill would definitely be of help and also the team would sell those fundraiser boxes of candy to people for equipment as well.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2012, 11:00 AM »
So envious right now. I mean I was a part of my fishing team my senior year, but they NEVER ice fished, whiched irritated me, but yeah HT and Frabill would definitely be of help and also the team would sell those fundraiser boxes of candy to people for equipment as well.

It probably would have to be fruit now local high schools here aren't allowed to sell candy bars anymore cause their unhealthy.

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2012, 01:20 PM »
Good for you!

I did this for a few years at the post secondary level...my students and I had a great time.

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.