New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1345362 times)

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #7260 on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:00 AM »
3 Eagles out on the ice in front of Hague this morning working on a deer that didn't make it.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7261 on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Anyone have any updates on the conditions on huddle bay?

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7262 on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:33 AM »
Lake froze over and if so safe enough? Or are you guys working the bays?

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7263 on: Feb 18, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Lake froze over and if so safe enough? Or are you guys working the bays?

The lake is spotty. Only safe in some area's and others are pushing it. Use caution everywhere.

Offline hunt4perch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7264 on: Feb 18, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Anyone have any updates on the conditions on huddle bay?
Looks like 5 or more fishing there.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7265 on: Feb 18, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Looks like 5 or more fishing there.

Thanks. Maybe someone will chime in on the ice conditions there. I haven't been out yet this year.

Offline fishjerk47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7266 on: Feb 18, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Anyone care to post ice depth out in perch water.on Harris. Thank you.

Offline blt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7267 on: Feb 18, 2017, 02:09 PM »
People have gone out on vets and in the huddle.  Not many and not very far.  The sun worked it real hard today with cracks starting over the deep water.  With the warmer temps and higher sun the shore will take a toll.  Stay safe

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7268 on: Feb 18, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Well....I fished, I caught and I didn't swim...thanks guys for the good times...drove the entire length from North south in the afternoon...have ideas for tomorrow early...get a couple hours of slamming them in.

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7269 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:41 AM »

Damn

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7270 on: Feb 19, 2017, 01:02 PM »
56 here in Bolton

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7271 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:03 PM »
Anyone care to post ice depth out in perch water.on Harris. Thank you.

I was out there yesterday. 8-9" everywhere I fished. 30 perch, a lot of dinks, a few slobs.

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7272 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Tomorrow might be the last day.Lets hear  what the people in the know have to say,Big red you have the inside track be honest and keep us safe .What do you know thank you.   WES

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7273 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Id also like to hear what people in the know have to say about the outlook for this week, but I'd assume that if it is good tomorrow then tuesday will be fine as well as it is supposed to but significantly cooler tonight through tuesday morning, but I'm not there, yet.

Also curious in making the call for tomorrow, seems like many would prefer to fish limited shallower water at lake george then go to neighboring lakes that are solid much deeper, what the reasoning there? I usually jig for lakers, not use tipups so maybe thats where there shallower action is?  I love fishing george, but hate feeling limitations based on ice.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7274 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:43 PM »
also accuweather saying 20+ mph wind tomorrow, weather.com saying 9 mph.  Thats a pretty big difference, but unfortunately accuweather usually is more accurate in my experience.

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #7275 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Sure was a Blast lowaccord66.Such a great weekend.Till next time tight lines my friend

Offline SchrnLker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7276 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:09 PM »
Read on a Facebook post that 2 went through at Fort Ann Beach today.  Anyone hear about this?
Tony

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #7277 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Read on a Facebook post that 2 went through at Fort Ann Beach today.  Anyone hear about this?

Doesn't surprise me at all from the Reports I was hearing Yesterday on the Ice up that Way!
Paul

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7278 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:52 PM »
Your not going deep I can say that much.  I did Saturday and had a fun walk off...thank God for spuds or I would have swam a few times.  That might be it for the season....

Offline ZilgmeHarder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7279 on: Feb 19, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Anyone know what we're looking at Ice wise off of Hearthstone? I know this heat won't be helping it
Sometimes NY, sometimes ME, always on the ice

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7280 on: Feb 19, 2017, 06:12 PM »
Tuesday could very well be the last day. Another great day with the lakers but it doesn't look good with these temps and the already crappy ice I'm hoping It holds for tomorrow because tomorrow night looks cool but after that all bets are off. So far 11 trips on George and 11 limits of lakers. Probably my best season yet too bad it's a short one.

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #7281 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:00 AM »
Anyone know what we're looking at Ice wise off of Hearthstone? I know this heat won't be helping it

Gate is closed and I hiked down the hill and tried to get on there Saturday.  No good.  Spud went through in 2 or 3 hits.  Got some good excercise walking right back up the hill though!  All the ice on the deep water from there down to the village looked like the same bad stuff. 

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7282 on: Feb 20, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Boy is that ice getting crappy quick! Had my worst numbers day of the year today with only3 lakers but 2 were keepers a 28" and a 26". Tomorrow will be it for "safe" ice except maybe Harris.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7283 on: Feb 20, 2017, 03:10 PM »
Boy is that ice getting crappy quick! Had my worst numbers day of the year today with only3 lakers but 2 were keepers a 28" and a 26". Tomorrow will be it for "safe" ice except maybe Harris.
Well done man.
I did well the few weeks we had on Harris, but it isn't going to be safe over the good water out there for much longer than any other part of the lake.
I think Saturday was my last day fishing Harris bay for the year. Everyone is going to be jammed up in that little area that will still be safe before the section that breaks up every year. Anything beyond that line is going to be extremely dangerous in the coming days. If not already.
If you don't now where I'm talking. Steer clear of it altogether.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7284 on: Feb 20, 2017, 03:53 PM »
perchslayer at least you have the ba##s to tell everybody the truth thank you.

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7285 on: Feb 20, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Well done man.
I did well the few weeks we had on Harris, but it isn't going to be safe over the good water out there for much longer than any other part of the lake.
I think Saturday was my last day fishing Harris bay for the year. Everyone is going to be jammed up in that little area that will still be safe before the section that breaks up every year. Anything beyond that line is going to be extremely dangerous in the coming days. If not already.
If you don't now where I'm talking. Steer clear of it altogether.

Haven't fished Harris in years but I know where you're talking about. Not a perch guy so No worries of me being out there. Tomorrow will be the last day for me getting out to the deeper "60ft" water for the year. Standing on 6" of sagging ice isn't fun. Tonight should lock it up enough for tomorrow but after that all bets are off.

It's sad it's going so fast I have averaged more trout per trip this year than ever and put a couple salmon on the ice. I guess my old hot spots might be replaced by some shallower spots.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7286 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:40 PM »
I'm surprised in how far the wheeler tracks went out on Harris. Beyond the break I measured 5 but i didn't venture that far beyond it either.

Offline captin bill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7287 on: Feb 21, 2017, 03:58 AM »
Slow day on Harris yesterday ice looked pretty honeycombed just a little beyond  the point where everyone  was stopping, also found varied thickness closer as we worked our way back.  :o

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7288 on: Feb 21, 2017, 04:15 AM »
Sounds like what ice is out thete is getting very sketchy be careful if ur heading out,saggy honeycomb  ice is no joke

Offline Felix77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7289 on: Feb 21, 2017, 09:14 AM »
FWIW .... Out there Sunday and the maximum amount of ice I measured was 4 inches.   Left by noon.   Be safe out there people!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.