Author Topic: looking for specific iceshack plans  (Read 4677 times)

Offline oldmanschild

• Team IceShanty Regular
looking for specific iceshack plans
« on: Nov 01, 2012, 01:37 PM »
fellas. Im looking for a type of shack that folds down into a box then folds up with a support.it would look like a box with 2 doors that would fold out to be the seats and the rest being tarp or whatever to fold up, all connected. Its hard to explain ive seen one before long time ago so i cant remember dimmensions or if the roof was made outa wood? if anyone can kinda figure out what im talking about and has a plan or knows where i can get a plan from let me know. much would be appreciated thanks guys

Offline yirawallygator

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: looking for specific iceshack plans
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2012, 05:48 PM »
go onto you tube you can sometimes find things there

Offline tipupfrenzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2012, 05:54 PM »
jignjim has some drawn out plans i think, send him a pm on this site
Fishing is a tough job, but im willing to Tackle it!

Offline saskriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:53 PM »
pretty sure ur talking about a croquette style shack

Offline LMKilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2012, 01:14 PM »
Can't remember off the top of my head....
But I had one for many , many years!
Best portable around (very durable) when you can drive on.....a B*tch to drag.
I am thinking of building another one so if you find plans post em....
If memory serves me right, you buy the tarp from someone and the plans come with it.

might of been outta AB?

Offline oldmanschild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2012, 01:25 PM »
thanks guys ill keep looking. ill post whatever i find or if i build one out of my brain ill post pics n such

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2012, 06:06 PM »
the fishing hole used to sell the kit, tarp, plans and hardware.  was around $100 if i remember correctly.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!

Offline cold foot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2012, 07:41 AM »
I think those plans were in the western sportsman a few years back,You bought the trap per cut and the plans were included

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2012, 10:38 AM »
There is one for sale on used regina right now

Offline LMKilla

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2012, 03:22 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=210862.0

Man I have been doing some digging........
This is what I could rumble up?

Anyone get in contact with the "new" guy?

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2012, 06:00 PM »
pretty sure ur talking about a croquette style shack

It's actually a couquette. crouquette is a lawn game i believe.

Offline whitepoplar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2013, 05:26 PM »
R u looking for the Gueckert plans??? It is similar to the Coquette style but uprights are different I have one in my shed intact I haven't set up for years maybe this is the year. The plans should be here somewhere. i built one for myself and another for a neighbour. Three sons and I spent a night on Morning lake in it years ago ;)

Offline oldmanschild

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:33 PM »
right on ya its the couquette style i want but i may leave this later to bulid or buy. i got one of them eskimo qiuckfish popups and wow them r amazing, worth everypenny fold up fold down put it on as a back pack and gone,ill be rockin that for now

Offline toki4040

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2013, 12:14 PM »
If anybody is interested i have a 4 man couquette style that i want gone. the box in in rough shape but the tarp is still good if sombody is wanting to build a new one. i bought a clam base camp and have no use for it anymore.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2013, 12:15 PM »
If anybody is interested i have a 4 man couquette style that i want gone. the box in in rough shape but the tarp is still good if sombody is wanting to build a new one. i bought a clam base camp and have no use for it anymore.

are you giving it away for free?
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2013, 12:18 PM »
fellas. Im looking for a type of shack that folds down into a box then folds up with a support.it would look like a box with 2 doors that would fold out to be the seats and the rest being tarp or whatever to fold up, all connected. Its hard to explain ive seen one before long time ago so i cant remember dimmensions or if the roof was made outa wood? if anyone can kinda figure out what im talking about and has a plan or knows where i can get a plan from let me know. much would be appreciated thanks guys

This the shanty you looking for?

http://youtu.be/cxUZYDZyY9Q
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline toki4040

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2013, 12:20 PM »
yes i just want it gone all it is is winter weight in the back of my truck. i live in regina also.

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2015, 07:15 PM »
Hey Guys,

I Know this is an old thread but I have been looking at pics of the coquette style hut for a while now and for the life of me I cannot figure out how the fold out bench seat is staying up.  Don't see any supports in the few pics I have seen but maybe I am just missing them? If anyone knows how that fold out bench seat stays up with people sitting on it, I'd be interested to know.

Thanks!

Moonman.

Offline saskriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 24, 2015, 08:59 PM »
our seats when folded out just sat on a piece of plywood that was hinged to the base that would swing out for the support then swing back in or transport if that makes sense

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2015, 07:03 AM »
Yeah that makes sense, any connection between the swing out plywoood and seats? Just friction from the eats pressing down keeps the plywood in place?

Thanks,

Moonman

Offline wally wacker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2015, 10:32 PM »
the top or wings are hinged so that when they fold out they sit on top of the vertical sides. This coupled with the tarp being stapled to the wings gives the supports. I built quite a few in the 90's as they were very popular. We found that by putting folding supports on the sides it help to take pressure off of tarp. down side was that the tarp always wore at the fold  and usually ripped after a year or too

Offline cerndo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2015, 11:33 PM »
Mr. Moonman,

Gueckert Ice Huts coquettes came with a pair of steel rods that fold out to support the lid/seats and folded back in when closed.  You always needed a second pair on each end for full support...not sure why they only sent one pair with them.  The rods are 3/8" diameter and have 2" right angle bends on each end, one of which has a mounting washer.   The swivel end is attached to the shack and the support end fits inside a mortise in a stick of plywood which is attached to the top of the lid.  The arm is spaced so the hole is equidistant as to when the seat/lid is out or closed and the arm swings back and forth.

Offline 350 Mag

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2015, 06:36 AM »
I have a coquette shack at remote lake but RARELY fish out of it....

The holes are too close together, we basically use it was warm-up/coffee/lunch shack, and when really cold we fillet inside.

I am going to build one like this instead, just not sure If I would buy the kit....I think I will just make the suitcase and order a 8x8 canvas teepee tent without a floor and 4 ft sidewalls....stove jack would be in center by center pole and put 4 holes in each 4 corners and maybe center hole in floor for fish camera?

Would also add some 2x8s laminated with plywood and plastic runners on the bottom.

http://canvascraftinc.com/ice-fishing-shelters/northlander

Offline Prairieguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2015, 08:40 AM »
Are you guys looking just to build urself and want the plans or would you guys like info on a guy that builds them and does one hell of a job? I’ve been using his shacks for the last 8 years! he uses custom built canvases (not tarps) and has flat walls you can lean back on or lay down and sleep without ever worrying about ripping the tarp. Very easy to set up and take down and will handle any kind of abuse you throw at it. He has a custom made metal spring hitch you can tow behind a quad or sled and one person can load it into the back of a truck. If anyone is interested ill get some pictures and his number.   

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2015, 11:02 AM »
Hey Guys thanks, thats awesome info. And Cerndo thanks for going to the trouble of posting the pics, really makes a difference.

Prarieguy, I'm going to make something along these lines, just something small and light to get out there with my son. If you ave or know someone has has plans, that would be great, but I'm sure I can whip something together from pics.

Moonman.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.