Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors

Visit MarCum
Sep 19, 2017, 10:23 AM
MyFishFinder.com
Just like iceshanty but warmer

Author Topic: Flasher Choice- LCD's (MarCum, Lowrance, Humminbird) Which is right for you?  (Read 17494 times)

whoay

• Team IceShanty Regular

• giddy up
my question is is the lx 7 worth $100.00 more than the lx6 ant the only difference is more pixel's, a 1/4 inch target seperation, and a bigger screen thats inch bigger per side? just would like to hear if it's worth it? i now own a lx5 and am looking to upgrade in the future?

dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular

I just used my new lx7 this week after using a lx5 the last 3years and all I can say is this thing is great. I did look at the 7 and 6 side by side and I think the bigger screen was worth getting. Also can upgrade to having camera like the lx9 if I ever decide to go that route.

whoay

• Team IceShanty Regular

• giddy up
well I pulled the trigger on an lx6 and all I can say is wow I'm very pleased with the unit so many options and for the screen being smaller I really like it it's really not that small imo you can really tell the weight difference from the lx5 so if the lx7 is heavier than the lx6 then I think it would be a pain to hole hope with all day long just my two cents about it.....

Elkhnter

• Team IceShanty Regular

Why would anyone like a flasher?? All you see is Red,Green or Yellow lines???

;)Humminbird makes the best fish finders now with RTS window- Real Time Sonar so when you jig you see your jig move and when a fish shows up you actually see it as a fish and you move your jig to him or if he comes to you- you see him right on your jig. Not a red,green or yellow line moving around..
Marvin

jmillsp

• Team IceShanty Regular

Just read all the above and wondering if there is any thing new on the market that should be looked at? I have always used a flasher but am intrigued by these units. I currently use a Vex 22 and I am not convinced it is the best thing for me.
KeepfishN4fun

sjensen1231

• IceShanty Rookie

Still kicking around buying the Fl-28. $660.00 is still to much for a flasher.

SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• " Catch N' Release "
Still kicking around buying the Fl-28. $660.00 is still to much for a flasher.

It is a lot of money, but such a great investment. Bought mine midway through last season & couldn't be happier with it.

WiMeatHunter

• IceShanty Rookie

sjensen,

Check out Vexilars website for their refurbs. My Dad bought a refurb FLX28 for over $100 less than normal sticker price and you couldn't find a scratch on it!!! Also comes with a full warranty and Vex's excellent customer service!!!
WiMeatHunter

fishwing

• IceShanty Rookie

I would like to have a good sonar for ice fishing with GPS. My Lowrance Elite 7 HDI works well sometimes but not near another sonar IR set on high or low really doesn't make any difference. I would rather not drag two sonars around on the ice but I have been bringing my Showdown along too because it is often much easier to use and gives a more usable display in some situations. A friend is using my Vexilar fl8se and the Vexilar can be used near the Showdown without interference problems. The best that can be done with the Lowrance is looking through massive clutter and only seeing my jig some of the time. I want to spend my fishing time fishing not pressing buttons to make adjustments so much. Flashers are more user friendly for me on ice, quick easy adjustments and effective. The Lowrance can work well sometimes but can be a pain in the butt. Anyone have suggestions for one that would work better and have effective interference rejection.

Holysmit!

• IceShanty Rookie

Anyone have an extra soft pack for a Marcum vx-1 they would be willing to sell? 

jbird68

• Team IceShanty Addict

I have a Showdown 5.6 but my son wants to start ice fishing with me. I also have a Lowrance elite-5 on my boat. I would like to get the ice pack so I could use the elite-5 on the ice. But there are two different versions because lowrance changed connectors on the ice packs from a uni-plug to separate plugs for power and transducer.
jbird68

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved