The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: StrikeMaster Strike-Lite Auger & the NEW StrikeMaster Honda Lite Ice Auger  (Read 23729 times)

Offline Hardwater fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
I love mine it does spin a tad bit slower than the two strokes but with the two blades it still cuts fast! As far as starting I have never pulled more than three pulls!!! but it also has not Ben lower than 10 degrees here this year!

Offline icefishingluva

• Team IceShanty Regular
Have the Strike-Lite II.  Like someone mentioned earlier had to get new blades after two years because the china blades went bad, but it is a SWEET auger!  No mixing gas, starts on the 2nd pull everytime, and with the new blades just chews through the ice.  I have had a small amount of oil leak from a friend setting it down wrong, but it fired right up with no problem.  I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Let's fish it.

Offline toad82

• IceShanty Rookie
I have the Honda strike lite. Runs great, spins a little slower but still cuts fast. I know one guy that has one and he has no problems but mine is a cold blooded b!tch.  Pull and pull and pull. I don't know why mine is that way and his is not. But it is only like that for the first time of the day. After that and its a 2 pull machine.

Offline Poot

• Team IceShanty Addict
I've got the Subaru SL -II. Great machine. Cuts great, nice and quiet and light. When it's cold it takes 2 or 3 pulls to get it going and then after that 1st pull every time. I know nothing about the new Honda but I certainly would recommend the Strikemaster 4-stroke. Nice machine.
It's all ball bearings these days......

Offline blackhawks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the input guys.

Offline warrior1

• IceShanty Rookie
Just used mine for the first time this weekend -5 three pulls awesome............

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Toad it sounds so me like you have a carb adjustment out of whack.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline DougC

• IceShanty Rookie
was on the ice last week and saw the honda lite in action, the first starting was a pull pull pull, seemed to have a bit too much oil that needed to be burned off.  The user used the 10w30 but more than the 1.7oz recommended.  nice machine.

Offline KDK

• IceShanty Rookie
Well finally got the Strikemaster Honda Lite out last weekend for three days of fishing.  First day auger worked great for most of the day, then failed near the end of the day :(.  The carburetor started to bind up and stick open, wouldn't close on its own.  Took it back to room and played with it for a bit and it freed itself up ???. Couldn't see anything wrong, thinking it might have had some ice binding it some how.  Decided to spray it with some lube for the heck of it.  Used the auger next two days and it worked like a champ ;D.  We had 16-18 inches of ice and averaged 30-50 holes a day, burned about a half tank of gas each day. First start of the day took about 3-4 pulls, from then on, 1-2 pulls depending on how warm it was. You won't win any races with it, but it did a good job cutting the ice.
Life is simple, people make it complicated

Offline Traxion

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Any updates on the new Honda motors???  I am looking to get one next year.  I just want a quiet, reliable auger.  My current 2 stroke has been great and I don't mind mixing gas at all.  Electric will never, ever be an option with the number of holes I drill.  So, the 4 stroke looks to be the ticket, pull and go.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Talking to the manager at sheeles he said he has had 4 come back seized up and they only sold 6 but i guess Honda is saying that this was probably caused by ppl pulling on the rope while still in the store with no oil in them. just some second hand info i picked up to take it for what you will. important still trying to decide between a new lazer mag or the Honda.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.