The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: StrikeMaster 4stroke vs 2stroke  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Bull Giller

• Team IceShanty Regular
StrikeMaster 4stroke vs 2stroke
« on: Aug 20, 2012, 05:22 PM »
Does the StrikeLite start good in cold temps? Can this auger be laid on its side on an ATV without the oil leaking or dumping into the carbs?
Retired full-time Mille Lacs Guide now chasing my favorite panfish.
Honda Foreman 450ES
Polaris 600 Indy XCR 

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
Re: StrikeMaster 4stroke vs 2stroke
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:08 AM »
I have heard that the new Honda can drill upside down and no chance of oil leakage.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:23 AM »
i have the original strike-lite, never had issues with leakage.  there is a this end up sticker, but it used to tip over on it's side all the time in my sled, never had an issue.  No issues with starting in the cold either, and i've used it on some -20*F days.  New one has a honda engine, so i can only assume it will be better.

Offline Cyconelli

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2013, 11:57 AM »
Here's a video you guys may find interesting.  Honda-Lite 4 stroke vs Lazer Pro 3hp 2stroke.   We made this video this last weekend.  I had the 4 stroke and let up 2/3rds down anticipating the break through, now I wish I keep on it, but it was a tie more or less.  So this may help some on the fence about which auger to buy.   Being this close to drill speed, no mixing and a lot quieter(all the sound in vid is from the Lazer)! I think it's a no brainer.  LOL    BTW: Ice was about 30"

I tried to embed the video didn't seem to work.  Enjoy!

Offline Rick Larson

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hoping for a walleye
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:19 AM »
I used the Strike Lite with the German-made Engine with excellent results. The only issue is the  carbon auger is the point can clog with frozen slush on a very cold day..

Offline Cyconelli

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2013, 02:25 PM »
I have heard that the new Honda can drill upside down and no chance of oil leakage.

You are correct, you can lay it any which way you want.   I lay mine in my sled and gets pulled by an ATV and bounces around like crazy, starts no problem.  Cold weather hasn't been an issue.

Offline Poot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2013, 09:50 AM »
i have the original strike-lite, never had issues with leakage.  there is a this end up sticker, but it used to tip over on it's side all the time in my sled, never had an issue.  No issues with starting in the cold either, and i've used it on some -20*F days.  New one has a honda engine, so i can only assume it will be better.

I have the Strike Lite II with the Subaru. Awesome Auger, starts easy even in cold temps, runs smooth, cuts fast and is relatively quiet. Everyone I fish near comes over to me to check it out. I have not had any issues with oil but I've done pretty well keeping it laid the way they suggest.
It's all ball bearings these days......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.