Author Topic: Terry Sweet Memorial Scholarship  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Terrysmom

• IceShanty Rookie
Terry Sweet Memorial Scholarship
« on: Mar 09, 2012, 07:50 PM »
Dear Family and Friends of Terry Sweet,

Dr. Lawrence Fredeen, Terry's friend, colleague and fishing buddy, has started a scholarship in Terry's name and memory.

Terry had a big impact on everyone in addictions and Dr. Fredeen felt this would be a way of perpetuating Terry's life legacy, not just as a dedicated and compassionate medical professional but also as a good friend and co-worker. To honour Terry's commitment to addiction medicine they also hope to attract others to this field of medicine. It is Dr. Fredeen's hope that a family member would be able to present the scholarship every year once the goal is reached.

The goal is to raise $30,000.00 in order to give a scholarship of $1,000.00 yearly to a deserving University of Northern British Columba (UNBC) student interested in addiction medicine - an area which is often misunderstood and underappreciated.

I will never be able to put into words how very proud, honoured and pleased I feel that Dr. Fredeen has started this scholarship in Terry's memory.

I am asking all of you to consider making a donation in Terry's name to this scholarship. By doing so, we will keep Terry's memory alive for years to come while inspiring other students to follow Terry's beloved nursing field in addictions. In doing so, we will be supporting the university where Terry's wife, Bareilly works and his two children Johnna and Devon attend classes, in Prince George a place that Terry often referred to as "God's country."

The link to the University of Northern British Columbia in order to make a donation is: www.unbc.ca/giving then click on Give Now.
No donation is too small and we truly appreciate any help you are able to give in helping reach the goal.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact:
Jennifer Hicke at UNBC [email protected]
Office of External Relations
University of Northern British Columbia
3333 University Way
Prince George, BC V2N 4Z9
Or Dr. Lawrence Fredeen [email protected] 
Or me, Terry's mom [email protected]

We will keep you posted with the progress of the funds raised towards this goal.

With Warmest Regards,

Megan

Terry's very proud Mum

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.