Author Topic: list of lakes and ponds that have Northern pike in NH  (Read 13761 times)

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Does anyone know of a list that shows the lakes and ponds in NH that have pike in them? Does fish and game stock them and if so do they have a stocking report like they do trout. Also do they have the same with Walleyes?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: list of lakes and ponds that have Northern pike in NH
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Does anyone know of a list that shows the lakes and ponds in NH that have pike in them? Does fish and game stock them and if so do they have a stocking report like they do trout. Also do they have the same with Walleyes?

Here's a link to NH F&G website... Look under Suggested Fishing Locations for Northern Pike.
From my understanding your best bet for quality sized pike would be either The Connecticut River or Moore Reservoir. There are other lakes and ponds with pike in them as listed on the suggested waters. Otherwise your best bet would be to contact the NH F&G office and talk to one of the biologists and they could give you a better idea as to what populations are in those waters.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fishing.htm

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2012, 10:37 PM »
Here's a link to NH F&G website... Look under Suggested Fishing Locations for Northern Pike.
From my understanding your best bet for quality sized pike would be either The Connecticut River or Moore Reservoir. There are other lakes and ponds with pike in them as listed on the suggested waters. Otherwise your best bet would be to contact the NH F&G office and talk to one of the biologists and they could give you a better idea as to what populations are in those waters.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fishing.htm

Thanks Kieth. appreciate the help.

Offline GraniteStateJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:40 PM »
I had to laugh at the suggestion to ask F&G because I was fishing Upper Baker Pond last weekend hoping for some Pike as there are very few waters listed for them and was approached by fish and game. After he was done looking around my tent and such I asked him if there was actually Pike in there and he says "thats what they say". I told him I caught one last summer out of there and he looks at me  :o and says REALLY! I figured if they had it listed for Pike they might at least know if they are in there or not. I got a flag as he was leaving and he says I am sure it is a wind flag:) Shows howw much confidence he had in the Pike fishing there.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:46 PM »
I had to laugh at the suggestion to ask F&G because I was fishing Upper Baker Pond last weekend hoping for some Pike as there are very few waters listed for them and was approached by fish and game. After he was done looking around my tent and such I asked him if there was actually Pike in there and he says "thats what they say". I told him I caught one last summer out of there and he looks at me  :o and says REALLY! I figured if they had it listed for Pike they might at least know if they are in there or not. I got a flag as he was leaving and he says I am sure it is a wind flag:) Shows howw much confidence he had in the Pike fishing there.

It all depends on "Who" you talk to. I've found the Biologists to be pretty knowledgeable about most lakes. The C.O's are more like police officers and usually just enforce the laws as opposed to knowing as much about the lakes.

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2012, 01:48 PM »
ya me and my buddy tried one yr going for northerns in NH and used the F&G website for locations every one we tried nothing, you should see some of the ponds and I use the term loosely more like puddles that were suggested... Started fishing VT 3 yrs ago and have had no problem finding pike in most waters.. Like Nh TROUT says connecticutt river and the moore res are your best bets in NH. Good luck
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline GraniteStateJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2012, 03:35 PM »
It all depends on "Who" you talk to. I've found the Biologists to be pretty knowledgeable about most lakes. The C.O's are more like police officers and usually just enforce the laws as opposed to knowing as much about the lakes.

Makes sense as he acted like a state trooper. I felt like I was more than helpful and he was acting like I was packing a gun or something:) Do you see the biologist on the lakes or do they not patrol. I have to admit it was the first time I have ever met one other than the derby and he didnt even check my license which I thought was odd.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.