New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: lincoln pond Elizabethtown..  (Read 14519 times)

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
lincoln pond Elizabethtown..
« on: Feb 09, 2012, 08:50 PM »
was wondering if anyone ever fishes here, saw that they stock tigers here as well as bartlett and durant I believe, this one just seems pretty close to where I live and I would like to give it a shot... anyone? thanks
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline DiamondDave

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lincoln pond Elizabethtown..
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2012, 09:29 PM »
I've never fished it through the ice, but have in the spring and summer. Its a good body of water during those times, but I have yet to pull out anything with teeth. The bass and perch were a lot of fun though. This probably doesn't help your ice question but at least you know there is fish. Good luck

Offline jam1e24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2012, 07:39 AM »
I live about 5 minutes from there and I have fished there quite a few times!! I have caught tons upon tons of pike,bass,perch. Never have caught a musky although there are some in there. A guy I knew caught one through the ice last year and had it mOunted! Lots of pike but have never caugh one over 12 or 13 lbs. a very good ice fishing pond if u don't mInd catching ALOT I fish just no wall Mounters!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:26 AM »
i have a camp on there. been fishing there my whole life...there are definately tigers in there, just ask pikeman3033...we went out there a couple years ago and he got a nice one aorund 15lbs i think.  we let it go. its too bad that person mounted the one he caught, they should change the size limit to make em bigger to keep. like any lake it has its good days and bad, but like the other guy said, you can have fun and catch alot.

u havent tried bartlett, but want to. if anyone has fished it, let me know. hey jam1e, how big was the one that was mounted? just wondering

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2012, 05:10 PM »
sounds like a fun spot to fish! ill have to try it out soon, any suggestions are where abouts to go? I cant seem to find a contour map... wouldnt mind tying into a couple tigers
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012, 08:43 PM »
you can get a cheesy contour map on DEC's website, as well as the sportsman book at walmart's. i ve been going up there about twice a year in the winter and havent got a tiger yet. the one my buddy got has been the only one ive seen thru the ice.

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2012, 06:14 AM »
went once and set some tip ups while jigging.  got a few bad on tip ups and one tiger.  not a overly big tiger but still pretty , we let him go.  That being said we left right after we got the tiger, it was pretty slow over all and the pan fish were all dinks.  Give it a shot if you targeting tigers but don't hold your breath while waiting for em!

Offline jam1e24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Yeah i fish bartlett pond also. About 10-12 years ago it was loaded with quite  a few of 20+ lb tigers. There have been quite a few tigers come out of bartlett. I fish there quite a bit in the summer and there are some HUGE Bass, When i say HUGE i MEAN HUUUGGGGEEEE! You cant use any gas powered equipment on bartlett (gas auger,boat with gas motor,atvs,snowmobiles, ETC....) Im sure there are still some tigers in there but just not as many as before. I have tried for them up there and have caught some small ones and lost a few nice ones while bass fishing. I have personally witnessed some monsters come out of there. The tiger that came out of lincoln that was mounted i believe was around 18-20 lbs, dont quote me because i cant remember for sure but somewhere in that range.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:58 AM »
nice!!!!! is bartlett big? i mean if someone new went there, could you fish a good portion of it? what is the depth of bartlett?

Offline pikeman3033

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2012, 10:16 AM »
Yeah That tiger mounted out of Lincoln could have been the same one I caught nitzer. When I caught it it was 37inches and about 16 lbs. That was my first and only tiger...and probably the hardest fighting fish I've ever caught through the ice.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:58 AM »
definately could've been pikeman....we gotta hit up bartlett. been talking about it for 3 years now and i never try it. right down the street form the camp to

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:19 PM »

I do believe there are crappie there as well. ???

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2012, 09:00 PM »
         I do believe there are crappie there as well. ???
yup, but only caught small crappie there

Offline pikeman3033

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2012, 11:17 AM »
definately could've been pikeman....we gotta hit up bartlett. been talking about it for 3 years now and i never try it. right down the street form the camp to
I know it, we should try to do it one of these weekends coming up

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2012, 12:38 PM »
maybe this sunday and monday? you interested pike-woman3033?????

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2012, 09:57 AM »
any info on "STINKIN LINKIN"??? probably going up sunday afternoon.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #16 on: Feb 26, 2012, 08:49 AM »
anyone been out lately? thinking about heading down next week, assumption is that there is enough ice, but how much snow and all that good stuff..
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 27, 2012, 06:29 AM »
went out this past weekend....a good 12 inches of ice...3-5 inches of snow on top from friday night.

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #18 on: Feb 27, 2012, 01:58 PM »
went out this past weekend....a good 12 inches of ice...3-5 inches of snow on top from friday night.
thanks for the update, how you do?
Tight Lines and Flags!

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 27, 2012, 02:00 PM »
did good.....caught 4 pike, 2 nice largies, a couple crappie, and perch are everywhere

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 27, 2012, 02:01 PM »
whatcha going for and where abouts?

Offline jlaclair

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • take a kid outdoors
« Reply #21 on: Feb 27, 2012, 05:55 PM »
would be going for toothy critters, never been down that way...dont really know where to go...
Tight Lines and Flags!

fordman

« Reply #22 on: Feb 27, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Big bait and dead only way

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 28, 2012, 06:21 AM »
jlaclair, anywhere in that lake is good for them. near the beach, campsites, down in the corners, etc. i get em everywhere. let me know how you do.

hey fordman, u have luck there with dead bait. i had a huge shiner this weekend, probably close to 8-9inches that got nailed by something. it ended up dying. 3 or 4 hours later the flag went up and i missed whatever it was. it was the only luck i had on dead bait. granted i dont use much, much like to have 1 tip up with it when i can.

where do you go on the lake to use it?

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #24 on: Feb 28, 2012, 07:16 AM »
you should always sey a couple traps with dead bait for toothies wherever your fishing,somedays thats all they'll hit

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 28, 2012, 07:43 AM »
yeah, i hear that alot, but its hard to do when i do try ti and never get anything on em. see what i mean? with only 5 tip ups, and never having success on dead bait just makes it hard for me to set a few up. champlain i can see because of all the tip ups.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #26 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:14 AM »
yeah, i hear that alot, but its hard to do when i do try ti and never get anything on em. see what i mean? with only 5 tip ups, and never having success on dead bait just makes it hard for me to set a few up. champlain i can see because of all the tip ups.
use dead sticks your allowed 3 hand lines thats 3 more lines in the water

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:34 AM »
true, never thought of that...i have 2 of em, and always have 1 rigged up for jigging perch. the other i use to set up with a shiner, but stopped doing it because i alwys find myself moving around and am never near it. so when it does double over, i never see it of get to it

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #28 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:35 AM »
yea take your 2 deasticks and put dead bait on em and jig with the 3rd. i will always fish with dead bait for lakers so i would assume it works well with pike/muskys...and so on.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 28, 2012, 08:39 AM »
ok...i dont have a 3rd yet. maybe next year...but i will try it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.