Author Topic: My best friend was hit by a snowmobile on BBDN today.  (Read 16270 times)

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
One of my best friends, Parker Bambenek, was hit by a snowmobile today on BBDN. The man on the snowmobile ran over one of his tip ups, so Parker got out of his shack and was yelling at the guy as he drove away, the snowmobile then turned around and Parker was waving his arms trying to get him to slow down or stop, but it hit him instead. He went flying and hit the ice with two broken legs, he is in an ambulance on his way to Marquette General (where I will be shortly) as I type this.

I was going to be fishing with Parker on LBDN tomorrow but now I will be heading to BBDN to talk to as many people as I can about this in an attempt to get some information on the man or the sled he was on. I am told he was on an orange sled and there were two people on it. I am asking any of you fellow fisherman who frequent either of the DeNocs to ask everyone you talk to out there about this and contact the state police and myself if you know anything at all.

We need to come together on this as a community and help the cops catch this guy or next time it could be you, me, or someone you love.

To the driver of the sled......I will be looking, and the cops better find you first....
Good Fishin!!!

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: My best friend was hit by a snowmobile on BBDN today.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2012, 04:49 PM »
Whatever charges the guy gets will be better than what'll happen if I find him first.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2012, 04:54 PM »
OK, this is a serious issue, makes all of us understandably angry, but the salty language won't fly on the Iceshanty, already had to remove a couple posts, don't really want to do that, we all want to see these slugs get caught, but we can express our feelings without profanity, thanks guys.      Don
                                                                    Iceshanty Moderator

Please keep us posted on your friends condition                     

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:26 PM »
OK, this is a serious issue, makes all of us understandably angry, but the salty language won't fly on the Iceshanty, already had to remove a couple posts, don't really want to do that, we all want to see these slugs get caught, but we can express our feelings without profanity, thanks guys.      Don
                                                                    Iceshanty Moderator

Please keep us posted on your friends condition                   

That wasn't salty...if you want to see salty, just let me know and I'll be sure to oblige. 
Chris Raymond

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:30 PM »
That wasn't salty...if you want to see salty, just let me know and I'll be sure to oblige.
Actually I'd like to see this thread accomplish its intended purpose Chris  ;)

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:32 PM »
Actually I'd like to see this thread accomplish its intended purpose Chris  ;)

LT--So would I. 
Chris Raymond

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2012, 05:44 PM »

I'm a little dumbfounded that someone would actually do this. ??? I hope your friend heals quickly and fully from this senseless act and for your sake, lip, I hope the cops find them first, eh.

Offline Yooper350

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:09 PM »
Hope your friend makes a quick recovers and someone else saw what happened for some more information in catching these people.  If any more information comes up about the people or snowmobile they were on please let us know so we can all keep an eye out for them.

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:11 PM »
WOW .....First of all ...Prayers sent hope for a speedy recovery ..to your buddy ..Hope they catch the guy that did it ...Im sure someone saw something ....Good luck & keep us posted

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2012, 07:46 PM »
I'm waiting for him in the OR waiting room right now. He has two broken legs, the left worst than the right, and they are gonna put rods and bolts in. They say he will be able to walk in 6 weeks or so, if the recovery goes well.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about Parker, That really sucks man  hope everything goes well for him, Hopefully the authority's find this guy.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2012, 08:13 PM »
 I just got off the ice on LBDN and just heard about what happened. Hope parker makes a full recovery, thoughts and prayers go out to him. I know several people from gladstone and escanaba, I'll give them a call right now and fill them in. There's a ton of people that fish down there, I'm sure someone heard or saw something.

Offline schmutzomatic 5000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2012, 09:24 PM »
Boy this burns my butt..  I sure hope they catch this puke...  I see it is posted on other sites around Big and Little Bay de noc so I am sure someone knows something....  Thoughts and Prayer for speedy recovery..

Offline walleyehunter21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2012, 05:02 AM »
TV 6 has nothing posted on their website. I think somebody who has info on this should notify TV6 right away.

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2012, 05:26 AM »
If tv6 doesnt have anything today I plan to contact them this afternoon.   
Good Fishin!!!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:12 AM »
Ill keep my ears open too.....best wishes to your buddy on a speedy recovery!

Offline MOPARDOCTOR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Addicted to the ice
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:25 AM »
This needs to go viral, so we can get this Idiot off the Ice!  I hope your friend recovers quickly.
Mike
Frozen Snot....It's a fashion statement!

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:37 AM »
If tv6 doesnt have anything today I plan to contact them this afternoon.   
    I Actually called TV6 news lat Nite & talked to Mike Badard ""Not sure if the spelling is correct.....He said he was looking into it ....But it doesnt hurt to Make many  calls ...for something like this .......THAT GUY NEEDS TO BE CAUGHT & THE MORE PEOPLE KNOW THE FASTER THEY WILL HAVE SOMEONE LOCKED UP ....

Offline shelby stanga

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Looks like turtle for dinner tonight paw paw...
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2012, 10:46 AM »
Sad to say the least. Hope the punk get caught!!!
Here we go!!!

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2012, 12:25 PM »
I've got a friend who works for tv 6....ill give him a call too! Justice needs to be served on the guy who did this!

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2012, 01:38 PM »
Your friend is in my families prayers. If he or his family (if he has one) needs any help while he is recovering just p.m me and I will do what I can. T he "snowmobilers" are in MY prayers also. I pray they get caught and stand tall before the man for what they did. This is UNEXCUSABLE.... If they were "out of towners" it will be hard to catch them if they don't confess.  This is just awful.    Steve

Offline finnbear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 29, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Where were you fishing? BBDN is a big place, maybe people saw something or know someone in the area.
Too many lakes
Too little time

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:04 PM »
Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. I just saw him in the hospital and he is doing well. The doctors say he will be able to leave tomorrow, but he will be in rehab for a month or so.

Thanks again and Ill keep you posted.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline Nutsicles

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't sleep, ice season is too short!!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Glad your friend is going to be o.k. Hopefully they catch this guy and lock him up for a long time. I would say this is basically attempted murder. I really hope they catch him and make an example of him.

Offline chasepalosaari

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Hopefully your friend will be able to make a fast recovery and get some ice under him soon and get back to doing what we all love, ICE FISHING!

Offline Marty83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2012, 09:49 PM »
Hope he has a fast recovery and they catch this Idiot. What are some people thinking?!?

Offline catman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 30, 2012, 09:54 PM »
Sounds like they know who did it and it's just a matter of time before they catch him. At least that's the "chat" I saw on Facebook from many folks that live over there...

Offline lipripper89

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:29 AM »
Just to clarify again, my friend did not know the man who hit him AT ALL, and he did not argue with him. He didnt have a chance to argue, the man ran his tip up over, then turned around and ran him over. TV6 and the Delta County Sherrifs department need to get the facts straight and report the truth.

This was an unprovoked act of rage, and was absolutely indesputably attempted 1st degree murder.
Good Fishin!!!

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #29 on: Jan 31, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Just to clarify again, my friend did not know the man who hit him AT ALL, and he did not argue with him. He didnt have a chance to argue, the man ran his tip up over, then turned around and ran him over. TV6 and the Delta County Sherrifs department need to get the facts straight and report the truth.

This was an unprovoked act of rage, and was absolutely indesputably attempted 1st degree murder.

Had your buddy know him, I would have thought it would have been revealed to the authorities without there being a "who did this search" that seemingly happened.  That part of the story didn't make any sense.  Any chance the person responsible is "connected" within the community? 
Chris Raymond

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.