Author Topic: BOOTS  (Read 8387 times)

Offline fingerling8

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: BOOTS
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Mickey mouse boots are great. I use them for everything from ice fishing to sitting in a tree-stand.  Warmest boots I've ever owned and the price is right.  Only complaint is they are a little heavy and they run a size or two big (I wear a size 10 mickey but a size 12 tennis shoe), but the price is right! I found mine at fleet farm for 25 bucks, but I think new ones are $50.  The bunny boots are an even warmer version of the mickeys, but its never been cold enough for me to need to use them.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:52 PM »
So far I like my Baffins but I haven't got to fish much it's been a very busy year so far
Never to many short poles

Offline JeBa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Lacrosse Ice Man boots w/ felt liners from 1985 still going strong.

- add felt insoles (I used Sorel) to foot bottom for added loft & warmth (change out every 4yrs or so).

- apply Sno-Seal every year to leather.

Not sure if Lacrosse boots are made with the same quality anymore.

Jeff

Offline rich d.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2014, 03:03 PM »
Muck Arctic Pro x5? I have always suffered with cold feet in any outdoor temps below freezing. I bought a pair of the Muck's 3 years ago and have to say that they are the warmest boots that I have ever owned(and  I have tried many over the years)! On top of being warm they are very comfortable and easy to take on and off.

Offline augopher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2014, 08:50 AM »
Baffin all the way!  light , Very warm and there are some deals out there on them if you search a little.  Check out their website.

I just scored a pair of Baffin Apex off of Zappo's for $140.99.  Free shipping, seems like a great deal.  They don't have all sizes, but worth checking if you're in the market.
Introduce a kid to the great outdoors!

Offline jakej_mn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2014, 10:58 PM »
I hate cold feet. I bought a pair of Baffin Apex Expediton boots. So far I have been out on the ice and snowmobile in -15 to - 35 below and am impressed.
If I am going in my portables, I bring along a lighter pair and use 1" foam interlocking pads(like you put under a treadmill) under my feet. They work great.
Regular jeans don't fit over the boots, so I usually just wear UA long underwear and fleece sweat pants. I have walked around and found the boots comfortable.
Couldn't find these where I live - drove 400 miles south to Buffalo Center, Iowa to get them (Weavers) They had the best price.

Offline Slimbobbin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2014, 05:59 PM »
i bought a pair of Colombia's bugaboo omni heat plus 2 600 gram boots this year and they have worked great there warm they breath best part is both boots only weigh 24oz and have amazing traction even with out cleats on i stay up right i really recommend them i would of never guessed such a light weight boot could be so warm
lifes a little sweeter with ice

Offline Russ1959

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Sep 09, 2014, 04:16 PM »
OK ! i need a new pair of boots for upcoming ice fishing season . Any suggestions ?

Thanks !

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:14 PM »
There are many posts on boots here in the ice shanty forums.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #39 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:20 PM »
Welcome to the site..   Find your way around..  There is a lot of info on here...
   http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=34.0
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline russelln114

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:26 PM »
Mickey Mouse boots keep my feet toasty warm no matter what the weather.

Offline TeamBlueGear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Sep 09, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Like others said, many posts in here about boots. I love my Baffin boots.
Life moves too fast, if you don't stop and look around you just might miss something.....Ferris Buler

Offline moneypit2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Sep 09, 2014, 07:06 PM »
cabelas sas pac boots hands down mickeys didn't cut it for me

Offline just_a_beer_man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Sep 09, 2014, 07:26 PM »
I have Muck Aritc Rangers, no complaints and I abuse them regularly.
Flag!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ND222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Sep 09, 2014, 07:35 PM »
You cannot beat the Danner Pronghorn!  1200 or 1600  thinsulate

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Sep 09, 2014, 07:52 PM »
i have muck arctic pros and so far I love them.   Completely waterproof and a little taller then most.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Sep 09, 2014, 11:11 PM »
I think the Clam Sub Zero's are the best boot in my opinion. I was kind of hesitant at first to try them but was talked into giving them a try. let's just say I am glad I did. I won't have any thing but them from now on.  the key thing to these or any boot for that matter is using a good moisture wicking sock and a wool sock over that in the boot of your choice. last year I was walking out and put my foot in a 10 inch holes that was skimmed over and my whole foot went under and even thou my foot got wet it was still warm enough with the sub zero boot and sock combo I had on that I was able to fish all day and not get a cold foot.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #47 on: Sep 09, 2014, 11:35 PM »
I don't think the Pronghorns would be a wise choice for ice boots, IMO.

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Sep 23, 2014, 09:16 PM »
all this talk about the right boots but was wondering if any of you tried thermal cell heat in-soles ?

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #49 on: Sep 23, 2014, 10:21 PM »
This is a subject tht has been discussed (argued) for many years on this site, but the facts are this:

You can spend hundreds of $$$ for the fancy name boots you are all naming here, but..........

The BEST, WARMEST, MOST WATERPROOF (even when wet inside), LONGEST LASTING, boots on the market are...........  MICKEY MOUSE (or BUNNY) BOOTS..............  AND............

YOU CAN GET THEM ON LINE FOR ABOUT $35 TO $40 BUCKS.   Be sure to buy the ones made for the US Military by BADA BOOT CO.

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Sep 27, 2014, 11:16 PM »
I'm interested in trying these bunny boots but not sure on sizing . I wear a size 8 shoe so was thinking of going with a 9 but what width ? , my foot is narrow and there is no size chart that i can find .  was looking at a 9r what ever that means  lol
any help would be great , as i don't want an other year of cold feet.
cheers

Offline bubbahide

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Oct 17, 2014, 11:23 PM »
Sizing on mickey boots are this, n=narrow  r=regular  w=wide  ex=extra wide. I where a size 12 4e work boot and got a 12 ex mickey boot and was way to big. Best way is to try them on with the socks you plan on warring fishing. Hope this helps.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Offline jww311

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Oct 24, 2014, 12:31 AM »
My buddy bought a pair of Korkers last season....They fell apart within 3 weeks of use.  Waste of money...Get some good pac boots and Katulu Micro Spikes!

Offline Jveri

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Oct 29, 2014, 09:33 AM »
Muck Artic Pros, calf height

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Nov 01, 2014, 05:11 PM »
Cabelas DryPlus 1200 gram Snowy Range bought at Spring Clearance $99
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #55 on: Dec 07, 2014, 02:11 AM »
Wore Mickey Mouse boots when I was younger. Hand me downs from someone. Finally tried out the newer boots and can say without a doubt, new boots are lighter and warmer than those clunky, heavy, rubber boots ever were.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.