The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Cadillac Ice reports  (Read 5771 times)

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cadillac Ice reports
« on: Jan 05, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Heard some people are fishing around the Cadillac Area. Can anyone confirm this for me? Wanting to head up there this weekend just wanna be sure there is ice! How much ice and what lakes would be appreciated. Thank in advance!

Offline Chaddar

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cadillac Ice reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:26 AM »
Call Pilgrim Village Resort, they are on the lake and nice people as well.  231-775-5412

Here is their weekly fishing report,  http://pilgrimvillagefishing.com/fishingreport.html

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:41 AM »
Great info! Thank you much! Looks like ill be headed up there this weekend!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2012, 11:43 AM »
We had 6" in both spots I fished on Mitchell on Monday! We have since had 2 more days of colder temps so hopefully it is better yet. Fishing was slow this past weekend with the wind and storms that we received. People are out in several spots but I would still proceed with caution.

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2012, 12:55 PM »
I just got off the phone with the very nice gentleman at Pilgram Village. He said 4-8" of ice.  I'm leaving kazoo at 5:00am friday morning to fish Mitchell. 

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2012, 06:10 PM »
GC, have you seen any quads on either lake?

Offline OU812

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2012, 07:01 PM »
The big bay on Mitchell is great come first ice. The Pike are shallower than one would think. Find 6ft of water with 3 to 4' of weeds . Set your bait a foot above the weeds. You will have flags.

Offline iceskeeter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:02 PM »
1st timer long time follower. Heading to Mitchell/Cadillac this w/e. What is the parking  situation? 1st come or plenty available? Thanks for whatever help, just need to fish! Good luck all!

Offline 10FrozenToes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2012, 08:37 PM »
1st timer long time follower. Heading to Mitchell/Cadillac this w/e. What is the parking  situation? 1st come or plenty available? Thanks for whatever help, just need to fish! Good luck all!
Welcome to ice shanty. You will get lots of good tips and info from lots of good people here. You should get up there for some pike speering it is some of the best.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:29 PM »
GC, have you seen any quads on either lake?

Nope...but I did hear a couple sleds outside my buddy's shanty Monday evening. I wouldn't recommend a quad quite yet. Be thankful there is even enough ice to make it out!!

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2012, 09:35 PM »

There is good parking for both lakes. The entire east side and half of the north side of Lake Cadillac is accessible. Park at the Marina on the west end and hope for the crappie bite! On Mitchell the best access is at the state park by Pilgrims Village on M-115. Stop at PV for the latest info and bait...nice people. There is limited access on the west side and south sides of Mitchell.

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2012, 05:34 AM »
Thanks GC, I read 4-8" so I was just hoping  :(

Offline Sucker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2012, 09:20 AM »
I just got back from an overnight trip to Cadillac.  The Big Cove on Lake Mitchell had 3-4" of solid ice.  Don't know how that will make it through this latest warm up.  In back of Pilgrims Village om Lake Mitchell the ice was thicker, about 6".  I did not fish Lake Cadillac so don't know about it

The fishing itself was very slow.  Between my wife and I was caught one keeper crappie and a couple tiny perch.  No flags although we often had 4 tipups out.  Both the Big Cove and the area in back of Pilgrims village were pretty crowded with other fisherman.  I saw only a couple of flags and no keepers caught.  I was thinking of going back this weekend but might wait till the fishing picks up.

Offline TJR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2012, 08:34 PM »
going to Cadillac tomarrow mooring, I just can't take it eny more

Offline waltergill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2012, 11:05 PM »
going to Cadillac tomarrow mooring, I just can't take it eny more
pretty pumped uncle T
That's a wopper!!!

I'ts huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline iluvgillz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2012, 01:47 AM »
Here now, both Cadillac and MIT hell pathetic. Came. Orth to fish and are having better luck on the pot holes.

Offline TJR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2012, 07:02 AM »
  We went to lake Cadillac in the morning, nothing but dinks. went to mitchell after noon, nothing but dinks ,but we did have a good time, it was better than sitting home whining about no ice.

Offline iceskeeter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:25 AM »
Made the day trip to Mitchell yesturday myself. Results slightly different. Two iced pike, 28" and 22", several more flags.  20 keeper crappie and a few gills. heading that way again thursday and looking as though the north will be the only option til feb.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Fishing on both lakes have been slow since the storm/high winds last weekend! Its picking up tho last night I snapped 3 walleyes starting a half hour before dark. They were shallow and super aggressive hitting jigging rapalas! I live by Camp Torenta(school camp access on Big Cove) and I have never seen so many vehickes and people in the 20 years I have lived here!! There were license plates from Ohio, Indiana, and Pennsylvania so I can imagine all that activity on the ice is bound to slow things down a little. My advise is STAY AWAY from the crowds! Met some nice guys on the ice and they picked up 2 pike on tip ups and were catching crappies here and there throughout the day! Full Moon tomorrow so I'm expecting better fishing today and thru the week to come!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.