Author Topic: Striker Ice Bibs vs LITE Bibs  (Read 3328 times)

servocam

Striker Ice Bibs vs LITE Bibs
« on: Dec 27, 2011, 08:56 PM »
I am sure glad I read on here about bibs.  After two days of reading here is my impression: AA is garbage, Frabil are ok and Striker are the way to go.  I went to Gander Mtn today as I had $200 in gift cards for there.  My wife did not like the quality of the AA even before we got there. She almost purchased a suit for Christmas for me but decided I should go pick them out.  The Frabill Ice Suit large bibs fit nice but the jackets did not and was not willing to spend the money for just bibs after reading what I have on here.

I learned that just down the road from me, a store named Korkys has Striker.  I see there are the Striker Ice Bibs (floating) and Strkier LITE Bibs (floating).  I have bee using a cheapie pair of snow pants for years that kept me warm enough, but downfalls; knees and butt get wet, I got skinnier so waist not fit well, get cold air and snow up back...etc.

After looking at the regular vs. Lite, I would think the Lite should be just fine.  Who has regular and who has Lite versions, what conditions do you wear them in, and do you get hot/cold?

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Striker Ice Bibs vs LITE Bibs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:28 PM »
I was interested in the same thing. I email red rock and this was their reply:

Hi-
Lake Effect is a snowmobile oriented suit with slightly different features more geared towards riding but very ice fish-able. The Strike Ice is more traditional suit that you can ride with, but the bibs go higher up your chest, and the parka is longer at the bottom.  The LE suit has a removable wind gaiter built inside more geared towards riding. The SI suit does not.  Both are explained in detail online.   LE is here   SI is here

Similar features in two different  styles.  For sitting on a bucket in a gail at -25 below, the Striker Ice is probably the way to go.

Joe
Red Rock

Hello:

I receieved some money for x-mas and I am interested in getting a Striker Ice floating suit. I see that you have 2 kinds the Striker Ice floating jacket and bib for 350.00 and the Striker Mens lake effect suit for 304. Which one is the warmer of the 2? Are they both floating?

Offline adkwiley

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:35 PM »
just ordered my striker today actually, went with the striker, not the striker light.  figured sittin outside in the cold not moving all that much id rather have something warm that i can wear less underneath need be the case.  They have pit zips as well so i can always have those open if i'm too warm.  And john for you go with the striker ice, atleast that will keep u floating if you do happen to take a dip.

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Yeah that is what I was thinking. I tend to fish by myself so I want the extra safety.

servocam

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:52 PM »
Thanks for the replies so far. Just getting the bibs to start, no jacket.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.