The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info  (Read 51110 times)

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: Perch Assault Tournament Discussion and Info
« Reply #300 on: Dec 03, 2015, 06:57 AM »
It means no communicating with another team via those devices.  Taking pictures and using as a GPS is fine.

Mike
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Golden Trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #301 on: Dec 03, 2015, 04:07 PM »
Will the upcoming perch assault at smith (on the 12th) be a 2 person team derby?  Might go with a friend but I am trying to figure it out.  Does it cost anything too?  Will anything be awarded for pike as well?  And last question how will this be different from the derby that takes place the next day (13th)?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #302 on: Dec 06, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Perch Assault tournaments are always 2 person team events.  go to www.perchassault.com and ALL your questions can be answered.

Ice Duels is a totally unique event that again, going to the web page www.iceduels.com will answer all your questions.

$100 per team on Sat and $75 on Sunday and no, we will not be doing anything for pike on Saturday
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #303 on: Dec 06, 2015, 09:14 PM »
Ya need to turn on the freezer Mike!!!

Offline icechamp1985

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #304 on: Dec 07, 2015, 11:36 AM »
When is this

Offline MT Hank

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Fishin Buddy
« Reply #305 on: Dec 07, 2015, 11:07 PM »
The first one is this Saturday 12/12/15 @ Smith Lake.

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Im on the ice right now, or wishing i was
« Reply #306 on: Dec 08, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Rain rain and more rain!! Think it's gonna be wet one if this weather doesn't get it together !!
Hope the ice can hold on
Every one can go fishing, " not every one can catch fish

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #307 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:02 PM »
I'll be checking tomorrow AND Thursday, will make the call by Thursday noon whether it is a walk on or we postpone it.  My insurance policy is pretty specific about conditions and rain and wind on marginal ice as it is sure makes me concerned...

Mike

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #308 on: Dec 09, 2015, 08:34 AM »
Windy and 48 temps sucks for ice making!! Dang weather!!!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #309 on: Dec 10, 2015, 05:03 PM »
SMITH LAKE EVENT CANCELLED

Just way too many places with 3" or LESS, and some with barely a skim around springs...AND now those places are all covered with snow so...no GO!

Stay tuned for make up date info.  Be safe wherever you go, conditions are changing FAST.

Mike

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #310 on: Dec 10, 2015, 09:15 PM »
Ugh!!!

Offline fish to live

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #311 on: Dec 10, 2015, 10:56 PM »
Good call

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #312 on: Dec 15, 2015, 07:33 PM »
Happy to report we will be fishing Smith Lake January 9th for our makeup date!

If you can not make that weekend, we can refund your entry or shift it to another Perch Assault.

Entry will cut-off Thursday 6pm Jan 7th and rules meeting will be 630PM Friday January 8th.  As always, at least one member must attend this meeting.

ALSO, the Perch Masters event (www.perchmasters.com)for this Sunday Dec 20th is on as of now.  We will be checking ice conditions thru the week and will make a decision by 2PM Friday.  Pre fishing is NOT allowed after 2PM Friday…

Entries will be accepted through Saturday at Noon.  There will be a short rules meeting before the start Sunday morning.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.  I don’t take cancelling an event lightly, but I take safety precautions like my own life depends on them.

Hope to see you all this Sunday!

Mike Howe
www.perchassault.com

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #313 on: Dec 16, 2015, 07:46 AM »
Waaahooo! Date set!!!
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline dbluff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #314 on: Dec 16, 2015, 01:50 PM »
Hey PerchAssault, is the tournament on December 20th open to the public. If so I know what I'm doing sunday

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #315 on: Dec 16, 2015, 11:00 PM »
Hey PerchAssault, is the tournament on December 20th open to the public. If so I know what I'm doing sunday

Yes, it is.  BUT, you do need to pre-enter by Saturday at NOON.  Online at www.perchmasters.com or in Snappy's.

Thanks!

Mike

Offline rtrvler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #316 on: Dec 22, 2015, 08:41 AM »
Mike, You have not posted any info on your perch assault website. What about the people who don't get on the ice shanty site. Thanks again for being a stand up guy with the tournaments.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #317 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:06 AM »

SHOOT, I thought that WAS taken care of last week...that should of been the first place to announce it, thanks for pointing it out!

Mike

Mike, You have not posted any info on your perch assault website. What about the people who don't get on the ice shanty site. Thanks again for being a stand up guy with the tournaments.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #319 on: Jan 04, 2016, 09:22 AM »
IMPORTANT REMINDER!!!

ENTRY deadline is THURSDAY at 6PM!!!

THIS coming Saturdays (Jan 9th) Perch Assault at Smith Lake does require at least ONE team member to attend the Friday night rules meeting at Snappy Sport Senter in Kalispell. Meeting will begin at 6PM, come a little early and get your name tags and big fish pot entry out of the way.

Find your lanyards from last year (they are in short supply this year) and remember to bring it AND your name tag to every tournament. Teams failing to bring their name tags to any event will be penalized ONE POUND at the scale (OH, THAT got yer attention???) OK, of course, JK about that, but we will find a way to humiliate you publicly...

We have some AWESOME prizes to give out Saturday, including a Vexilar Fish Scout 800 color camera system, a Clam Edge suit from Ice Team, a Polar Fire suit from HT Enterprises Inc and the usual SWAG from Rose Creek, Snappy Sport Senter, QMaxx Products and MORE!

See ya Friday night!

Mike
www.perchassault.com

Offline Pdiddyinthesun

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #320 on: Jan 10, 2016, 01:12 PM »
Wish I could

Offline fishermanj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #321 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:58 PM »
Another phenomenal ice tourney!  I can't believe the weights that came out!

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #322 on: Feb 10, 2016, 05:40 AM »
Warm weather doesn't look good...
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline fishermanj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #323 on: Feb 13, 2016, 01:45 PM »
Any word on conditions at middle thompson? I've heard it is far from good?

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #324 on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:48 PM »
I was just out there today. Fished for kokanee. About 3" of good ice 2" bad ice on top. kinda creepy feeling in the dark. Caught 6 kokes about 13" to 15". Little bit of rain this morning, then a lot of sunshine. till 11:30 when I left. Don't think I will go after tomorrow. Too sketchy for me.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #325 on: Feb 15, 2016, 02:04 PM »
We are looking at a Plan B right now.  I wouldn't waste any time, or jeopardize your safety, to pre-fish Middle Thompson, because it most certainly will NOT be held there THIS coming Saturday...Shoreline ice is all but gone from pictures I am seeing

Mike

Offline fishermanj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #326 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:51 PM »
Thanks for the update mike!  I know everyone is awaiting the answer, remember today was a government holiday!  It will all work out in the end, a person can not win a fight with mother nature!

Offline fishermanj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #327 on: Feb 15, 2016, 06:51 PM »
Thanks for the update mike!  I know everyone is awaiting the answer, remember today was a government holiday!  It will all work out in the end, a person can not win a fight with mother nature!

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #328 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:54 PM »
Does anyone know if the Perch Assault is cancelled or moved to another lake.  It is getting late in the week.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #329 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:42 PM »
Due to the rapid deterioration of the ice on our local lakes, and the unsafe ice on Middle Thompson specifically, the Perch Assault tournament scheduled for this weekend has been moved to LAKE MARY RONAN.

This will be the final event of the season. We will pay championship based on total points as usual, but only for the two events.  Anyone who has entered in advance for all three events will be refunded for the third one.

IF YOU WERE SIGNED UP FOR THIS WEEKEND, AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO FISH DUE TO THIS CHANGE, PLEASE LET US KNOW BY THURSDAY AT 9PM SO WE CAN REFUND YOUR ENTRY.

As of today, WEDNESDAY, the conditions on LMR are good.  Eight inches of ice everywhere, in fact, it has lost no ice since last Wednesday.  The shoreline ice is fine around the boat ramp at the state park.

If, during the next two days the ice deteriorates, especially around the shoreline, we will make it a WALK ONLY event, but at this time, I see us being able to use ATVs and Snowmobiles, at your own risk.

Stay tuned for updates on our web page, our Facebook page, and via e mail. 

For those of you pre-fishing the next two days, and using machines, if you break up the shoreline ice, it may jeopardize the entire event so, please consider that...

NO meeting Friday night.
CHECK IN begins at 7AM at LMR State Park NOT the Lodge/Resort
Fishing will be from 8AM until 2PM

BE PREPARED FOR LAST MINUTE CHANGES SATURDAY MORNING.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.