The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: NILS Master Hand Auger?  (Read 10281 times)

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NILS Master Hand Auger?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Great info on this auger and the proper ways to manage it. It's sure nice knowing that the issues I might have had will never happen due to this forum.

Thanks
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2011, 01:25 PM »
The Nils is a great auger, but you have to be careful with it.  I let a friend use it and he ended up dulling the blade by banging it in an old hole. I forgot to warn him about this.  End of day.  I exchanged the blade for a resharpened one at 307 and was back in business.  The Nils  cut like crazy but you have to baby them.

What ever your friend did to your nils to "dull" it would have had the same effect on any good auger.  I don't feel as though you have to baby the nils, I feel it deserves the same treatment that I would give any fine piece of equipment; proper use.  I had a jiffy 30 that I let a (now past friend) borrow one day and he did the same thing to it that you described.  He would not pay to "fix" it so now we are no longer friends.  I just don't loan my equipment to friends any more and now they stay friends.  :)

Offline jtlambo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Stay thirsty my friends....
« Reply #32 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:10 AM »
Again, thanks for all the input guys. Much appreciated!

Offline BUCK256

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 27, 2015, 09:36 AM »
The nils are good augers, better hope nothing goes wrong with it. their customer service is terrible.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2015, 09:50 AM »
The nils are good augers, better hope nothing goes wrong with it. their customer service is terrible.
What is there to go wrong?  Unless someone abuses it, it will last forever.  There are at least two good guys to send the heads to for sharpening.  Anything else - it's just steel and repairs can be made by any good welder, if need be.  Keep everything tight and all will be fine, for ever.  @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.