Author Topic: ice auger  (Read 9257 times)

Offline olddog9

• IceShanty Rookie
ice auger
« on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:28 PM »
was in costco to day they have a Tempest 8'' gas auger 30-1 gear ratio,50-1 mix 43cc ,stainless blades,42''cut $339.oo 2year warranty

Has anyone used one of these, never heard of them before (made in china)

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice auger
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011, 07:06 PM »
I saw them the other day,never heard of the brand but costco has a great return policy.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2011, 08:51 PM »
There are som many great auger brands that are known and to save a few bucks to go with a no-name would scare me.  You goots trust your gear on the ice

Offline Tooold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Paid about that for my eskimo sting ray and never wished for anything else. Not as fast as some true, but a few seconds more never caused me that trophy

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2011, 10:05 AM »
I swear by my eskimo auger not a problem last year hundreds of holes cut.
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline IceFisher64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2011, 05:49 PM »
paid around that two years ago for my eskimo z51 at ctc.for that kind of money go for a known brand name

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2011, 07:23 PM »
I think you will find that the Tempest is the Eskimo Mako 43cc 8 Inch Quantum re-branded for Costco.
2 year warranty on the Tempest compared to 1 year on the Eskimo. Specs are the same including the Viper engine.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline trueblue

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2012, 11:25 AM »
 I bought the tempest auger inside the warranty it says its a rapalla

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2012, 01:24 PM »
And I bought the Rapala a few weeks age at CT when it was on sale for $249.
Same auger as the Eskimo Mako re-branded for Rapala or Costco as the case may be.
All they same specs & parts just different colours.

Offline d4ng3r3ux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:36 PM »
And I bought the Rapala a few weeks age at CT when it was on sale for $249.
Same auger as the Eskimo Mako re-branded for Rapala or Costco as the case may be.
All they same specs & parts just different colours.

I guesse we bought the same auger (rapala at CT)    working realy fine, from the pics and specs it seams all the same only a color change for selling in different stores.
Like my ac unit, the guy told me its a lennox but the mechanical is all york only the frame changes.

Offline fishinmonsoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2012, 09:59 PM »
quit buying stuff made in china

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2012, 09:22 AM »
quit buying stuff made in china
Do you even know what Made in USA or Made in Canada actually entails.
These augers have all the same parts(made in the same place) as the Eskimo's.
All that's required for Made in USA/Canada is if it's packaged or partially assembled here.
Many replacement auto parts labeled made in USA/Canada are actually made in China & shipped in bulk over here to only repackaged & labeled Made in USA/Canada.
I once worked at a sandpaper factory near where I live & we made lots of paper stamped made in Germany. We made the paper & they cut & packaged it.
Big corporations control the government & the laws they write. If these corporations can make more money buying from China & fooling many into believing the product is fully made here all the better. ::)

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2012, 10:14 AM »
Do you even know what Made in USA or Made in Canada actually entails.
These augers have all the same parts(made in the same place) as the Eskimo's.
All that's required for Made in USA/Canada is if it's packaged or partially assembled here.
Many replacement auto parts labeled made in USA/Canada are actually made in China & shipped in bulk over here to only repackaged & labeled Made in USA/Canada.
I once worked at a sandpaper factory near where I live & we made lots of paper stamped made in Germany. We made the paper & they cut & packaged it.
Big corporations control the government & the laws they write. If these corporations can make more money buying from China & fooling many into believing the product is fully made here all the better.
Dido here worked in a light factory for the auto industry and we had parts made over seas and shipped back to us. Made in Canada.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline bboss

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Hey, just bought one. Ordered it last Monday and was delivered to my house on Wednesday. No shipping charges. Took it out for the first time this past Saturday and it worked great. Nice and light and worked perfectly.
I would recommend.

Offline Trapperdirk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I will live and die laying down hard ,cold steel .
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Yes many augers are rebranded by companies but you still have to watchout because often for pricepoints to get the box store business , manufacturers do cheapen out . For example your coleman stove that you buy from ctc,wally world etc,, although looking the same is not the real deal that you will get from a mom and pop shop that deals direct with coleman . As far as china . Check any of even your brand name reels and they majority wise, are china made . There are many china nockoff companies that have little quality control but many name brand companies now build there and have their own quality control in place to make sure you get a quality product . Almost impossible to find anything that doesn't have china involved  in some way .
The bush is not just  a passion but in my soul.

TD

Offline d4ng3r3ux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2012, 05:59 PM »
Yes many augers are rebranded by companies but you still have to watchout because often for pricepoints to get the box store business , manufacturers do cheapen out . For example your coleman stove that you buy from ctc,wally world etc,, although looking the same is not the real deal that you will get from a mom and pop shop that deals direct with coleman . As far as china . Check any of even your brand name reels and they majority wise, are china made . There are many china nockoff companies that have little quality control but many name brand companies now build there and have their own quality control in place to make sure you get a quality product . Almost impossible to find anything that doesn't have china involved  in some way .

I can tell you one thing, I am NOT made in china!!!    hahaha

Offline Trapperdirk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I will live and die laying down hard ,cold steel .
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2012, 08:44 PM »
I can tell you one thing, I am NOT made in china!!!    hahaha

LOL but it looks like your from that other country inside Canada . LOL
The bush is not just  a passion but in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.