New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Sandypond  (Read 392803 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Sandypond
« Reply #1530 on: Feb 13, 2012, 04:20 AM »
munson  the  whole  area  is  nice  a  mix  of  great  sporting  opportunitys mixed  with  very  nice  people .

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #1531 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:07 AM »
btw someone else was fishing your spot also with a frabill, I fished 40 yards north of there.

Ha Ha...Last Time we were out there there was a big Pop up exactly on the GPS Coords...we just chuckled, didn't sound like regular Ice Fishermen/Women I guess it was just a lucky pick...well sounds like you worked for some fish...sometimes years like this where you have to work a little harder to get into good fish makes us all better in the long run...Not sure when I am going to make it out again...been looking at new boats online and talking to a couple dealerships...trying to figure out a way to be able to fish, I think open water will be a sure thing... ;D

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1532 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:51 AM »
           To Big Bucks and the EPDBA Eastern PA Deaf Bass Anglers, I am awfully sorry we could not get our first Annual 2 man tournament in this year, at the same time salute you for your decision not to place multiple team competitors in harms way. I know you have worked tirelessly to bring this event to the pond and for several years you and your staff have brought quality fishing tournaments to the fore not only at the pond, but Oneida lake as well. The opportunities you bring to your membership are legend and I can only repeat how sorry I am the weather did not cooperate with you this year. As you have said , next year we can redouble our efforts to bring about a successful 2 man tournament and to make it bigger and better than we anticipated for this year.
             To the great sponsors and contributors to the tournaments success, EPDBA members and spokesmen will be in contact to return unused certificates and prizes. We thank you for your selfless contributions and pray you will again next year renew your commitments to the First Annual 2 man Perch tournament At sandy Pond.

hey  just  wondering  why  not  a   2  man  open  water  event???????

Offline Munson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1533 on: Feb 13, 2012, 05:27 PM »
munson  the  whole  area  is  nice  a  mix  of  great  sporting  opportunitys mixed  with  very  nice  people .
Very true     This morning while checking out the north shore of Oneida lake, We ran into a guy coming off the ice at Constantia.   Within 2 minutes, I felt like we felt like we knew him all of out life.   He gave us great information on where to go and even offered us some GPS waypoints where he fished this morning.   Before the conversation ended, he packed up his 3 walleyes and 15 of the 30 perch he had and gave them to my wife and I.  And that was right after he handed me a bunch of cool jigs and dropper rigs that he uses.
   He refused any thanks or payment for the tackle.  He just said, enjoy our lake and take care of it as if it was your own.     I'm still a bit stunned !    I handed him a card with my number on it and offered to take him out to lunch or dinner whenever he wanted.      He shot back with Coffee is my friend !    See you on the ice  and off he went ! 
  We're loving this area more each minute !     

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1534 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:07 PM »

hey  just  wondering  why  not  a   2  man  open  water  event???????

The way things are going might be able to pull it off this week end .  ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1535 on: Feb 13, 2012, 07:34 PM »
Very true     This morning while checking out the north shore of Oneida lake, We ran into a guy coming off the ice at Constantia.   Within 2 minutes, I felt like we felt like we knew him all of out life.   He gave us great information on where to go and even offered us some GPS waypoints where he fished this morning.   Before the conversation ended, he packed up his 3 walleyes and 15 of the 30 perch he had and gave them to my wife and I.  And that was right after he handed me a bunch of cool jigs and dropper rigs that he uses.
   He refused any thanks or payment for the tackle.  He just said, enjoy our lake and take care of it as if it was your own.     I'm still a bit stunned !    I handed him a card with my number on it and offered to take him out to lunch or dinner whenever he wanted.      He shot back with Coffee is my friend !    See you on the ice  and off he went ! 

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #1536 on: Feb 14, 2012, 06:43 AM »
hay boggey i am coming to find you for some of those secret jigs lol
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1537 on: Feb 14, 2012, 07:36 AM »
yeah  what  boggy  said!!!!

munson  ya  might  have  met  one  of  the  oneida  regulars   !!!!!   kinda  sounds  like  one  of  da  boyz

Offline bigbrookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1538 on: Feb 14, 2012, 10:56 AM »
always good to hear a positive experience. i've had mutiple acts like this over the years and try to extend the same help and knowledge anytime i can. i wouldn't of ever caught my biggest brooktrout ever if i hadn't met a great guy and his son hiking out when i was hiking in to one of my now favorite back country ponds. chatted a bit about the area and explained i was trying to learn about pond brookie fishing and the gentleman seemed to revel in the fact that he was going to help me and make sure not only was my trip successful, but that i understood what and why he does the things he was doing. he gave me a crash course on pond brookies and the habits, gave me a 1/2 can of corn and a couple lake clear wobblers (had know idea what they were at the time!), and even told me where his 2 boats were stashed on the next 2 ponds. well, needless to say, with his help i not only caught dozens of beautiful brookies and a couple browns, but i also caught what is still today my pb brookie which def would of gave the record a run for its $ if i kept it (this was before the record was wiped). and even though i didnt catch the 'bigbrookie' on a lake clear or the corn, i would of never been fishing the area i was in that morning i caught the fish if he hadn't explained to me the habits of the bigger fish.
having been the beginner before, i understand that alittle help and a few tips can make a difference between and good and bad day/trip, and i'm greatful for the guys hat helped me along the way.

Offline Munson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1539 on: Feb 14, 2012, 02:02 PM »
Munson, your encounter with a good fishing Samaritan warms my heart. Maybe not all your encounters will be that kindly. It is, however, truly indicative of the type of fisherman we should all try to emulate. I too have been blessed with many such acts of kindness and the act of paying forward has been part of my ice fishing career. Kudo's to the fisherman who gave you such gifts , of time and knowledge. I pray his positive impact on you will come full circle and that way, you will know your future kindnesses will return to him and us all in full measure.
The impact that we felt yesterday won't be forgotten !    The wife and I had an absolutely great time on Oneida this morning because of the straightforward lake information and tips on how to use the lures and jigs.    We cut 6 holes in a spot where we were told to go with the help of the GPS.  We never moved from the first 4 holes we cut.   The fish were there, the weather was good, we had a blast and will definitely try to be more helpful to fellow fishermen or women in the future.

Offline lonefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1540 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:27 AM »
fished gp yesterday took a buddy out ,he has not been on the ice in 30 years i think he is "hooked"after about three hours he was asking me where to get some gear at  ;D cool right  :thumbsup: as far as fish we brought home about 30 keeper perch, i caught my first pike on a jigging pole what a fight that was , my buddy had something big on broke it off at the hole he said it was a trout but idk did not see the fish.  :tipup: tight lines stay safe
you can't rollerskate in a buffalo heard

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1541 on: Feb 15, 2012, 05:56 AM »
very  cool!!!!! 

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1542 on: Feb 15, 2012, 07:37 AM »
The Sandy Pond sportsmans club derby has been canceled due to the bad ice conditions'stay safe everyone.

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #1543 on: Feb 15, 2012, 07:41 AM »
Kurt , Are you PA guys still coming up? It is getting harder to find a safe piece of ice to fish on. Last week end was a bust at 3 mile as the open water had reclaimed a full half of the bay and lightly froze back over with a thin ice layer denying us access to our previous spot, unless we brought our boat HA HA. I know Big Buck is coming up with Vince and I am not quite sure where to direct them as I am now a week end warrior like everyone else. I will keep an eye out on the weather and would like some good updated info to put them in a good spot. Eddy has  a secret Waldo sanctuary and I can not tell under fear of death, in fact he is going to blind fold me when we go.  I told him to have no fear as I already drive by the braille system . PA guys, check the ice conditions for a good spot this week end. I am sure I will get some feed back on this.
      boogey we will not be up this year we have good ice at home for now so we will be back to the winners circle next year lol .
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline duke4x4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1544 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:41 AM »
I fished gp with a buddy on Monday holy wind almost lost my shanty fishing was good injures there for a few hrs fishing was nonstop caught 20 keepers took some advice from a regular on here paid off

Offline duke4x4ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1545 on: Feb 15, 2012, 10:48 AM »
Thanks bcons

Offline bigbrookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1546 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:21 AM »
, well I don't know if you could call waiting at the end of his driveway in the morning and following him to the lake and parking descreetly down the street and following his travels with binoculars "getting lessons"
;D too funny

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1547 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Thanks bcons

Not sure what I did  ??? ??? ??? ??? I'm full of crap & hot air.  I dunno nuttin on the pond.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #1548 on: Feb 15, 2012, 08:17 PM »
Not sure what I did  ??? ??? ??? ??? I'm full of crap & hot air.  I dunno nuttin on the pond.
??? you gave some real good reports on that body of water this year and saved a lot of people time ,effort and safety. so ya you might know a thing or 2 about that place :bow: :bow: :bow: you can fish with me anytime my friend on any water @)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline dp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1549 on: Feb 16, 2012, 11:32 AM »
??? you gave some real good reports on that body of water this year and saved a lot of people time ,effort and safety. so ya you might know a thing or 2 about that place :bow: :bow: :bow: you can fish with me anytime my friend on any water @)

I agree!  Thank you!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #1550 on: Feb 16, 2012, 12:13 PM »
When b-con speaks, I listen. :thumbsup:
x2

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1551 on: Feb 16, 2012, 02:29 PM »
he  can  fish  with  me  ....  but   he  better   bring  coffee   .......

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1552 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:19 PM »
he  can  fish  with  me  ....  but   he  better   bring  coffee   .......

Yankees hats scare away fish unless it's really off colored water, the fish are smarter than some I know.  So unless it's been raining a lot...........

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1553 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:32 PM »
hey   B_CONS  didn't  the  gaints  spank   yer   new  england  team  like  a  puppy  that  peed  on  the  rug ?????  i  think  ya  better   look  at  that  record  book   ....... 

KP   one  more  ring   coming  up  .....  WINNING   CHAMPIONSHIPS  ......  IT'S  A  NEW  YORK  THING  !!!!!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1554 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:50 PM »
Your starting to go down the "TIMEOUT" road now starting with us YANKEES FANS!!!! What do you think Trap??--KP ;D

I always seem to find myself on that road around here.  I'll have to start carrying around a red flag in my pocket. Anything to make the mods job easier.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1555 on: Feb 16, 2012, 05:53 PM »
hey   B_CONS  didn't  the  gaints  spank   yer   new  england  team  like  a  puppy  that  peed  on  the  rug ?????  i  think  ya  better   look  at  that  record  book   ....... 

KP   one  more  ring   coming  up  .....  WINNING   CHAMPIONSHIPS  ......  IT'S  A  NEW  YORK  THING  !!!!!

Upcoming rings a NY thing?  Yeah for Bridal shows maybe.........Can you pitch a bouquet?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1556 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:31 PM »
Upcoming rings a NY thing?  Yeah for Bridal shows maybe.........Can you pitch a bouquet?

ahhhhh  see   your  talking  again  thats  when  ya  make  a  fool  of  your  self  !!!!!!  new  england  will  never    to  better  then  the  gaints   and  the  sox   used   a    make   believe   curse    to  cover  up   how  bad  they  were  for  86  years  !!!!  ......

World Series titles (7) 2007 • 2004 • 1918 • 1916 • 1915 • 1912 • 1903   <<<<RED  SOX

World Series titles (27) 1923 • 1927 • 1928 • 1932<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  YANKEES
1936 • 1937 • 1938 • 1939
1941 • 1943 • 1947 • 1949
1950 • 1951 • 1952 • 1953
1956 • 1958 • 1961 • 1962
1977 • 1978 • 1996 • 1998
1999 • 2000 • 2009

;D  MY  TEAM  IS  BETTER

Offline Dogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1557 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:35 PM »
How bad is the pond?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #1558 on: Feb 16, 2012, 06:36 PM »
How bad is the pond?

Bad enough that they're arguing sports on this thread! :woot:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1559 on: Feb 16, 2012, 07:00 PM »
Gee....don't want you doing that!!!! You've had that flag flying for some time now!! :P--KP

me??? :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel :angel

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.