Author Topic: Striker Lite ice suits ? New floating suit  (Read 18190 times)

Offline revpilot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Striker Lite ice suits ? New floating suit
« on: Oct 22, 2011, 01:08 PM »
Anyone see these new floating suits yet in person , or read anything about them?  I just was looking at there website after i seen them at the redrockstore website.

surflizard

Re: Striker Lite ice suits ? New floating suit
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2011, 01:37 PM »
Brand new outfit, No reviews out there on them anywhere ?? Looks well made, but the bibs are really short looking to me ?

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2011, 09:55 PM »
they look good to me.  wish i had the money. 

Maybe i could use the exuse that My safety is very important now that we have kids that depend on me..... 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2011, 08:37 AM »
Looks like a great suit....I'll have to wear out my Arctic Armour before I order one  >:(

I'm no English teacher but the first link needs a serious review of grammar, spelling, etc.  Sounds like a third grader wrote it.....

Offline easy 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2011, 05:34 PM »
you need to quit drinking that new york water. i understood what he was saying.

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2011, 04:51 PM »
talked to the nice man at redrock. he says that it appears to be the best of the suits. i like the full length zippers on the legs and the ones under the arm pits. good for letting air in. as for the legs they are suppose to be adjustable up or down for a better fit. that's probably why they look short. i will be buying a outfit but not today. i think i might have to do something special to get the money. had time to be on is on the 27 and forgot my 47 anniversary. sorry honey.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Not coast guard approved and the insulation is designed for active outdoor sports not sitting on a bucket. I got pass on this one.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:35 AM »
I gather you are somehow connected with the striker suit IFM, would this be a correct assumption ? As a former AA Plus suit owner, I am familiar with the pros and cons of that suit. The biggest downfall of the AA plus suit is the inner layer of brushed turcot lining and its non breatheability, I did have pit zips installed, they worked, but overall it could have been better ! I could never find a material that that lining didn't drag on, Denim, Micro fleece, even Nylon running pant dragged on it !  >:(
  My question is, what is the inner most lining material made of on the Striker suit and are the Zippers metal YKK or white metal/plastic ? Are there any links to the suit sizing, I know the AA run small ?

surflizard

« Reply #9 on: Nov 04, 2011, 11:26 AM »
Thanks for the reply, I was able to get the Striker Tech questions site off the website and sent an email to Shawn head of technical services, just waiting on a reply, I will post my finding once I have them ! That didn't take long at all.
Hi Surf,

First off, thanks for your interest inStriker Ice. In response to your questions I’ll do my best to answerthem.

Regarding the inner lining:

Striker Ice suit – the brushed tricotinner lining in the jacket is similar to that found on the Clam Ice Armor suit.The Arctic Armor suit has more of a true fleece interior. I found ours doesn’tgrab your under layers as much as the Arctic Armor jacket and is about the sameas the Ice Armor (Clam) jacket. The inner lining on the bibs is a differentmaterial that allows for easy on/off operation.

Striker Ice Lite suit – uses a 210Tnylon interior with a slick finish on both the jacket and bibs. I guarantee youwouldn’t have binding issues no matter what you wear underneath.

Regarding the sizing chart:

I did my best to make sure the chartsreflect the actual fit of the jackets and bibs. I am 6’-2”, 215lbs(36” waist). I wear an XL in both the jacket and bibs. I could get bywith a large, but I like my gear to have a little space.

If you’re not sure on size or fallbetween 2 sizes you can always order both and send back the one that doesn’tfit for a full refund. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Shawn

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2011, 02:43 PM »
I.D.I Gear makes the Artic Armor suit which also floats. i personally have a suit and know of many people that have them as well and yes they DO WORK! Fish307 carries them in Lake George NY and the suits have done their job and can keep you alive

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 04, 2011, 02:53 PM »
i guess at that rate i will need a job until i figure out what size i need. ill just wait until someone six feet tall that weighs 280 gets one and than lets me know what size i need. i don't think i want to purchase two and then pay postage to get it then send it back. i might have been born in the first half of the last century but not on the forth of July. sorry.

rickl1968

« Reply #12 on: Nov 04, 2011, 03:10 PM »
i guess at that rate i will need a job until i figure out what size i need. ill just wait until someone six feet tall that weighs 280 gets one and than lets me know what size i need. i don't think i want to purchase two and then pay postage to get it then send it back. i might have been born in the first half of the last century but not on the forth of July. sorry.

Im sure if you called the store, they would be more than happy to sell you the suit that fits you!

surflizard

« Reply #13 on: Nov 04, 2011, 04:44 PM »
After chatting back and forth today with Shawn from Striker, I'm quite impressed with the answers to all the questions that Shawn took the time to explain to my satisfaction !

nonamer, with your info and their sizing chart, the 3 XL would work fine for you !

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 04, 2011, 05:23 PM »
thank you Mr lizard. that is what i needed to hear or are you trying to tell me to lose a few. i appreciate the answer and i assume you were quite satisfied with what you were told about the product. when i talked to redrock they sounded very impressive. go fishing and have fun.

surflizard

« Reply #15 on: Nov 05, 2011, 05:21 AM »
Glad to help nonamer, Yes I'm going for the Striker suit, I chase Rainbows and Browns on early ice and just the fact of knowing I will have a better chance of getting home to my family with this suit is well worth the price of the suit ! The best tools on early ice is Common sense and a sharp chisel, but the suit does help even the Odds !

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Do you have to wear much clothing underneath the regular Striker  or the Striker Lite or AA suits? Probably will go with the regular striker because I may be outside of the shelter alot, but I have to walk pretty far to get to the lakes I fish, so I'm worried how much I will have to layer on underneath. thanks in advance for the info.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

surflizard

« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2011, 04:43 AM »
With the AA Plus suit that I had, you had to layer to prevent sweat build up ! I used a wicking Poly blend base layer, then a microfiber layer, shirt and pants, to absorb the moisture. Any more then that and you are asking for trouble, with sweat and heat build up from exertion created by walking and setting up ! From the discussions that I've had with Shawn at Striker, the regular suit has the extra amount of insulation like the AA plus suit does and the Striker Lite is similar to the regular AA suit as far as the insulation values. The AA Plus suit was too much insulation for me personally most times unless it was -25 to -30 below, I tend to over heat from -5 to 32 degrees, so I am seriously considering getting the Lites myself, I have worked outdoors year round for over 30 years so I have a pretty good idea what will work for me.

rickl1968

« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:19 AM »
As I understand there is no suit out on the market that is coast guard approved that is intended to keep you warm while ice fishing or such activities, With the regulations and strict standards of the Coast Guard that will be a tough feat for any manufacturer to meet while keeping prices reasonable.

The Mustang Floater Suit is Coast Guard Approved.   :)

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2011, 06:29 AM »
what is the difference in the suits. are they priced the same. other than name which one is the best.

surflizard

« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2011, 07:01 AM »
According to Shawn at Striker, because they have a series of channels thru the suit that that allow heat to escape in a controlled way thru pit zips and side vents, they have created a way to make the Striker suit more breathable then the rest of the other ice suit designs, the build up of moisture from sweat and condensation has been eliminated in the Striker suits ! They used the venting technology from cross country skiing clothing where moisture build up from exertion and sweat have been Virtually eliminated and adapted it to a suit designed for ice fishermen ! The venting technology has been proven and that has me seriously considering the Striker over the AA suit to the point where I'm ready to order my new Striker suit ! Now its just a choice between the The Strike suit or the Striker Ice lite suit ?

Offline tiptoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Nov 16, 2011, 09:29 AM »
After reading the posts on striker, i decided to place an order for the striker lite bibs today.  They are on sale at icefishingmaniac.com for $144 with free shipping.  Thanks for all the info, i'll post a review as soon as I can.

surflizard

« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2011, 09:43 AM »
Welcome to the shanty Tiptoe, Glad to have ya aboard and thank you for posting that link, Great price !!  :thumbsup:

Offline campfindit2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 16, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Went to the site and didn't see a sale.
Listed for $159.95
Did I miss something?

Offline tiptoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 16, 2011, 03:10 PM »
The discount won't show up until you add it to the shopping cart.  Make sure you take a look at the deal for 2 day air shipping as well. I already got the confirmation that my order has shipped.

surflizard

« Reply #25 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Popped up as not in stock ??

Offline tiptoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Nov 17, 2011, 05:47 PM »
I just went to the site and was able to add size large bibs to the shopping cart and the $16 discount is still being applied.  Maybe try again?

surflizard

« Reply #27 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:09 PM »
Tried it again and said in stock !  :thumbsup:

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:32 PM »
did you get the 2 day shipping for $3.00?

surflizard

« Reply #29 on: Nov 17, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Nope, Priority works for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.