The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wyoming Off Topic Thread  (Read 123073 times)

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wyoming Off Topic Thread
« Reply #300 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Moose, bison, big horn sheep, and mountain goats the application dates are jan 1- February 28. They did change the buffalo this year you have to pay the full $407 up front just like anything else and if you don't draw you will get a refund check. They did away with the whole draw a number thing for 11 bucks. I guess they had to many people draw low enough numbers and they never came a bought their tags. So this way they will for sure get their money for all of the tags.

Offline michiganice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #301 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:45 AM »
How's your guys weather this winter?  Had heard that the die-off could be severe this year.  Still planning on heading back out next fall for deer/lope, but wondering what the early prognosis is looking like.

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #302 on: Jan 14, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Remember this year the Super Tags raffle is available.

In the Super Tag raffle you can buy as many tickets as you want for $10 a ticket per species - there are 10 species offered.

In the Super Tag Trifecta you can buy as many tickets as you want for $30 per ticket.  If you win this raffle you get to pick any 3 of the 10 species on the list.

Go to the WGFD website for all the information.

ClearCreek

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #303 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:29 PM »
Crap! I was looking forward to that $11 thing ;) I still might do it. who knows.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I値l ice fish there too!

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #304 on: Jan 14, 2014, 11:15 PM »
Just so you know melody and I were in an accident to day and her Hyndai Sonata was totaled.. We were stopped at a stop light and a f250 ford truck could not get stopped on the ice and there is no back end left on the car.   We are so lucky to be only sore  and lucky that the other person had the same state farm insurance agent as us in Riverton and admitted to the police it was her fault.  Poor Melody cried that her car of 7 years that she loved very much is gone..  Just be safe please
the car

olefish

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #305 on: Jan 15, 2014, 08:40 AM »
Ouch!  :o   Glad you guys are ok.
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline allornothing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #306 on: Jan 24, 2014, 04:21 PM »
Thought I'd share, but I got my bear skull back this week from the Fall season, I though it turned out awesome and was impressed with the job.  I mounted it on this board and used gesso to put my picture on it, thought it turned out good.

Offline HuntHard

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If I'm Not Fishin I'm Wishin Vexilar Rocks
« Reply #307 on: Jan 24, 2014, 04:32 PM »
Nice
If at first you don't succeed at ice fishing

Then drink another Cold Beer                     

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #308 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:10 PM »
Just got back from the World Ag Expo in Tulare, CA. Was gone 9 days and 2800mi logged on the truck. Seen some awesome equipment at the show and learned a lot. Here's a few pics from the trip.

Almond trees

Found some T.P. in San Francisco

Alcatraz

San Francisco looking at the Oakland Bay bridge from Pier 39

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #309 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:38 PM »
I see your turning.  Your now posting pictures of John Deere tractors.

Don

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #310 on: Feb 18, 2014, 01:31 PM »
I see your turning.  Your now posting pictures of John Deere tractors.
I knew somebody would catch that! Not turning at all. It doesn't matter what color they are when they are that big. Just impressive to look at.  ;D

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #311 on: Feb 18, 2014, 01:47 PM »
A boy and his toys!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #312 on: Feb 18, 2014, 03:01 PM »
I knew somebody would catch that! Not turning at all. It doesn't matter what color they are when they are that big. Just impressive to look at.  ;D

for sure!

But they are kinda small.  :p

Going to Boysen any time soon?
Don

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #313 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:17 PM »
for sure!

But they are kinda small.  :p

Going to Boysen any time soon?
Hadn't planned on it. Edges are getting pretty sketchy I heard.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #314 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:27 PM »
WOW very impressive machinery there, Those things are massive. Farmers paradise for sure. X2 on the T.P.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #315 on: Feb 18, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Hadn't planned on it. Edges are getting pretty sketchy I heard.

can't be as bad as Glendo.  The water was flowing hard on Sunday.  Prolly need a boat to get to the ice now.
Don

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #316 on: Feb 18, 2014, 07:26 PM »
WOW those are some huge tractors.. My kid days on the farm and we thought we had a big tractor with a John Deer 720 40 something horse in the mid 1960s.
olefish

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #317 on: Feb 19, 2014, 03:25 PM »
Ya, We don't know what horsepower is here. That big articulated New Holland with tracks is right at 700 horsepower. Takes a lot of acres to justify that bad boy.

Offline wyoboypt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #318 on: Feb 21, 2014, 10:57 PM »
Been hearing of reports of people in the past chasing bucks and bulls by dirtbike and atv to get them to drop antlers. I sincerely hope that any who witness this do theit best to turn these people in. Makes me more angry that some have been nonresidents. Maybe im wrong but i think the non residents should either pay a big fee to pick up our antlers or stay in their own state.            Happy shed hunting!

Offline michiganice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #319 on: Mar 13, 2014, 04:21 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm headed out in the fall to Niobrara county to deer and antelope hunt.  I've been out there quite a few times on public land, but wondering if anyone knows of landowners who might let someone hunt their private land with or without a trespass fee?  Shoot me a PM if you like.  Very respectful group of guys we have with a retired police officer and a retired firefighter in the group.  I'm the only young guy in his 30's going.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #320 on: Oct 06, 2014, 01:06 PM »
My fall so far.

Started off the first week of August as I went up to hunt caribou in Alaska. No guides, all do it yourself on the alaska haul road. Was a lot tougher than I had envisioned. On day 6 I was the first one in our group to release an arrow on a small bull. It was our last day to hunt so I figured I would try and get some meat for us all! It worked and before I got back up to the truck the older guy in our group had shot one right near the road. Nothing for 5 days and then 2 down within a matter of minutes on the 6th day.

Came home and hunted buck antelope for a few days in a unit by Casper. Most of the goats already skittish and on private land sent me home for a day to hunt does. Killed two by spot and stalk in one afternoon. First time I'd ever pulled that off.

On the 16th day of hunting elk and deer I finally connected on a buck I'm happy with. 12 days were archery hunting while this was the 4th day with the rifle.

If I can just put down that 330" 6x7 I chased during bow season my hunting season will be complete! It'll be time to chase ducks with the dog and look forward to hitting the hard water!
Trent Williams

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Pictures from my summer
« Reply #321 on: Oct 08, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Hello all,
This is my first time being back on this site since ice off and I figured I would share some pictures from my "off season".
First off I got the chance to fish for banana trout (a cross between an albino rainbow and a steel-head) while I was still at school in Idaho last spring. Man are they fun on my 5 wt!

This one weighed in at 13 lb 4 oz. The only one I kept out of them all because I am having him mounted. This is my biggest fish to date on a fly.

Then I started to fly fish the local streams here in Pinedale.

Then I transitioned into laker fishing off of my boat.

Then in late June a buddy of mine and I got it into our heads that we could backpack in and catch golden trout on a fly and come back out in a day. We accomplished this but it was hard we ended up putting on close to 14 miles that day with over 3000ft of vertical climbing to get to the lake we had chosen. We ended up fishing for about six hours all together. Then it was back to post holing snow to get back out. We began and ended walking in the dark. All in all it was a great trip and the fishing was awesome. I think these are the prettiest trout around.

I even got a little fishing in between drinking while I was in South Dakota for a college buddies wedding.

Then it was hunting season and I managed to take my antelope opening day with my bow.

I also attempted my first DIY European mount on him. Oh and he went pope and young with a score of 76 1/8.

I also was lucky enough to call in a small bull elk on opening day as well. He is nothing special but he sure is eating nicely.

I hope you all had a great summer like I did and I hope to see you all out on the hardwater real soon!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
Re: Pictures from my summer
« Reply #322 on: Oct 08, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Very nice!!! I need to catch me some golden's one of these days. I plan on it every summer and then never get around to it.
Trent Williams

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #323 on: Oct 08, 2014, 09:03 PM »
Very nice massntrash, those goldens are are awesome. The colors are poppin all over  :o  Your european turned out great, good idea with the shed.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #324 on: Oct 08, 2014, 09:28 PM »
Your european turned out great, good idea with the shed.
Thanks I'm pretty happy with it for my first one anyways. Amazing what you can learn on YouTube these days. I like the shed too I figured I should probably use some since I have so many just laying around taking up space in the garage.  ;D

Offline Dirty P

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #325 on: Oct 09, 2014, 08:54 AM »
great job pok3s that is a fantastic deer
Remember what grandpa would always say. " Where's the beer? and you call yourself a fisherman!"

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #326 on: Oct 09, 2014, 09:20 PM »
Thanks Dirty P....it was a fun morning :)
Trent Williams

Offline theo9805

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #327 on: Oct 10, 2014, 09:09 AM »
Great stuff guys.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #328 on: Oct 12, 2014, 12:27 PM »
Olefish  killed a small rag horn bull yesterday.  I camped out for 4 days by myself under a tree on top the mountain, no tent.  I killed the elk about 25 miles from home as I was taking the back road home.  I was following a rancher friend and I came over a rise in the road and he was standing in the road waving me down.  He tells me 30 head just ran across the road in  front of him.  30 minutes later and about 2 miles I look up over this little hill and there they are, a bunch of young bulls.  So I had one of my most lucky days ever.
olefish

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #329 on: Oct 12, 2014, 01:25 PM »
That's awesome ole!
Trent Williams

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.