Author Topic: Eskimo Quickfish  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Bushman11

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Quickfish
« on: Oct 07, 2011, 11:21 AM »
Hi all,

I've been contemplating picking up a quickfish 6 because they look durable and will provide more than enough space for a group.

Anyone have any luck with the Eskimo portables, I want to get a portable buy am not sure what brand to go with, eskimo look a little cheaper and I'm looking for total value.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eskimo Quickfish
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Thats what I have, and I love it! Goes up quickly, comes down even quicker. Buy some of the cam lock straps that you can use to tie things down and use them to tie it to the ice, instead of the cheap strings it comes with. Other than that, its PERFECT!!!

Offline Bushman11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2011, 02:39 PM »
Nice.. Do you have the Quickfish 6?? Supposedly its two quickfish 3's kind of molded together.. I was wondering how much space the 6 has and how many people you can actually fish in it.. Also is it a pain to bring out due to weight or is it pretty easy to transport out if your walking

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2011, 03:55 PM »
I just checked them out at Kittery Trading Post this afternoon.  The 6 looks huge.  I didn't check to see how much it weighs but I'm sure you could out on the Eskimo website.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2011, 11:03 PM »
trout-freak....how much ice fishing stuff did k.t.p. have out?
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2011, 05:42 AM »
trout-freak....how much ice fishing stuff did k.t.p. have out?
Not much, yet.  The had a few portables and a few augers and that was about it.  When I talked to someone there, they said they were planning on getting a lot of stuff in over the next few weeks.  They had the quickfish 2, 3, and 6 out.  But no other brands.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08, 2011, 07:20 AM »
Nice.. Do you have the Quickfish 6?? Supposedly its two quickfish 3's kind of molded together.. I was wondering how much space the 6 has and how many people you can actually fish in it.. Also is it a pain to bring out due to weight or is it pretty easy to transport out if your walking

Yes I have the 6, the weight is about 35lbs, you can carry it like a backpack, or toss it in a sled and drag it. It is pretty much 6x11, we have easily had 6 guys in it fishing in chairs. Best piece of gear I own other than my propane Jiffy. :-)

Offline FishEnticer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Yes I have the 6, the weight is about 35lbs, you can carry it like a backpack, or toss it in a sled and drag it. It is pretty much 6x11, we have easily had 6 guys in it fishing in chairs. Best piece of gear I own other than my propane Jiffy. :-)

Scott I have a couple questions.  Does the quickfish have a floor?  and   Do you run a space heater in it?  As you can see I have a Frabill.  It's  kind of small and a little of a pain to set up.

Offline Shakey Dad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2011, 09:00 PM »
hey  FishEnticer: i've had one of those frabils and I'm gonna be getting a fliptop style this year, I've not had one of tentstyle bob houses but the flip style seem better for travling around. and you can run a heater in them, all in all they seem the best for me. I wil have a hard side out for the social fishing  weekends. thats my two cents.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2011, 06:54 AM »
Scott I have a couple questions.  Does the quickfish have a floor?  and   Do you run a space heater in it?  As you can see I have a Frabill.  It's  kind of small and a little of a pain to set up.

No floor, and yes I bring a buddy heater to warm it.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 09, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Hi all,

I've been contemplating picking up a quickfish 6 because they look durable and will provide more than enough space for a group.

Anyone have any luck with the Eskimo portables, I want to get a portable buy am not sure what brand to go with, eskimo look a little cheaper and I'm looking for total value.
You may research a few other models out there such as the improved Clam Command Center as seen here very durable, light weight, easy to set up, stays 75 degrees with just a small stove, holds up in even the strongest of winds. There was a dark cloud cast over the Clam Corp, but last year- 99% of the issues have been resolved, resulting in a superior design. Good luck in your quest.

Offline wshnIwsfshn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 09, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Having no floor and putting a heater inside doesnt the ice melt and leave puddles inside ?

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 09, 2011, 06:54 PM »
I think they are all the same, made by he same cheapest labor establishment and then branded accordingly....

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Having no floor and putting a heater inside doesnt the ice melt and leave puddles inside ?

Heat rises...just saying lol I haven't noticed puddles except maybe right in front of the heat source.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Never any issues with the lack of flooring considering most of us wear quality boots as when the feet get wet, the game is over. No
Way Absolutely Never. If your heater is elevated off the snow/ice by 2 feet and vents are open, you will never find wet ice in this shack.

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 09, 2011, 10:08 PM »
No slop present, a nice comfy 75 degrees and cold winds/temps

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 09, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Does this Grandfather and Grandson look cold??? Or disappointed??

Offline Bushman11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Oct 10, 2011, 11:54 AM »
Thanks for all the input guys, sounds like the quickfish 6 will suit my needs fine. I will look into getting a portable heater to take out on those cold days as well  ;D

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #18 on: Oct 10, 2011, 02:59 PM »
Thanks for all the input guys, sounds like the quickfish 6 will suit my needs fine. I will look into getting a portable heater to take out on those cold days as well  ;D
Portable heaters...That's a whole other thread!  ;)
Clark Gable

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.