Author Topic: Fantastic new Ice Safety Device !!!  (Read 4842 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Fantastic new Ice Safety Device !!!
« on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Was just cruising the REDROCKSTORE.COM when I came accross a new Ice Safety Device.  They're called " ICE ARMBAND GRIPPERS" and sell for $14.95.  Takes too long to describe the concept....so just go to the site and check them out.  Wish I had these when I fell thru in deep water a few seasons ago!!

Offline jammer icecube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Danbury Fish & Game Hardwater Tour
Re: Fantastic new Ice Safety Device !!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:19 PM »
I think they have been out for a while and there is a jacket that has them built in. Any safety device is great indeed!

surflizard

« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Vexilars early/late ice jacket has them.

Offline TA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2011, 07:37 PM »
IB,

Thanks for the safety equipment tip. I've never seen or heard of these before.
Just like it, only diffrent.

T/Ake cAARe, doug

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:47 PM »
looks like a good idea for safety sake, however, wouldn't that tear the rest of the jacket up???  i carry picks, hope to never use them.

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:48 PM »
looks like a good idea for safety sake, however, wouldn't that tear the rest of the jacket up???  i carry picks, hope to never use them.

That would be my concern.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:07 AM »
I carried picks too....didn't help much.....fingers don't cooperate when they're frozen.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 01, 2011, 12:24 AM »
I carried picks too....didn't help much.....fingers don't cooperate when they're frozen.

that's good to know....fortunately never had the chance to take a dip through the ice! 

if having spikes on an ice suit is the way to go then i would think that you'd have to have some tough enough material to deal with the spikes where they are inevitably going to be rubbing. 

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #8 on: Oct 01, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Just a question guys, wouldn't they just spin around your arm if they're just arm bands? I would want to see them in action before I purchased.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 02, 2011, 12:00 PM »
  I have had these  (Armband Grippers) for a couple years. I usually put them on before I go out. Along with my picks around my neck. I have not had to use them thank goodness.  But I am sure that they will be a help if needed.  And I have no issues with my coat with them. They stay in place for me. I wear a Stearns Floatation coat also.  I always have a throwable floating cushion with a rope tied to it. Never hurts to have enough things that possibly could save your life or some one elses.  Also always have a spud I use.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2011, 12:14 PM »
  I have had these  (Armband Grippers) for a couple years. I usually put them on before I go out. Along with my picks around my neck. I have not had to use them thank goodness.  But I am sure that they will be a help if needed.  And I have no issues with my coat with them. They stay in place for me. I wear a Stearns Floatation coat also.  I always have a throwable floating cushion with a rope tied to it. Never hurts to have enough things that possibly could save your life or some one elses.

TY for responding icecube.  Might have to invest... As you never know...

Offline fisherman 4 life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2011, 04:07 PM »
Huh. never heard of them but looks like a great idea might have to check them out thanks for the link

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 20, 2011, 07:02 PM »
  My son bought me some ice spikes a few yrs ago and they seemed in the way all the time.  I have ice fished for 45yrs and have yet to get wet.  Maybe lucky but you must use common sense I dont care how big the fish are or how many you can catch.  I always use a spud to check ice EVERY STEP when the ice is less than 4 in.   I can tell just by throwing the spud if its safe, as everyone wants to go with me on first ice.  I always go first to check the ice when with another, remember there is no fish worth your life.  I have left the ice because of ice I deemed unsafe only to find out someone fell in there later that day.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2011, 08:13 PM »
I (we) also have been fishing for about 50 years and never felll thru......UNTIL LAST YEAR..... and we're safety nuts too.  You just never know where that soft spot is going to be.  Now I wear a US Coast Guard Mustang floatation suit on "early" or "late" ice and the addition of these arm band grippers is going to make me feel even safer!!  Nice thing is, I can wear them over any sweatshirt/jacket/full suit that I'm wearing.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.