Author Topic: Scheels  (Read 2041 times)

Offline Stutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Scheels
« on: Sep 18, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Was up in Omaha yesterday and went to scheels to my suprise they were stocking the shelves with ice fishing gear. They had all the clam ice houses up and some jigs and and a few augers out. I love that they are getting the ice gear out so early. luckily i had some gift cards to spend so i got a bunch of Northlands jigs. ;D

Offline Todd_NE

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Scheels
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Scheels is a great outfit, thanks for letting us know they are on the ice!

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:17 PM »
I wonder if that means Scheels in Lincoln has there's out too now....

Offline jimyoumook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2011, 08:59 PM »
the one in souix city was today

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2011, 09:54 PM »
I guess the one in Eau Claire has stuff out already.

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2011, 09:57 PM »
The store in Cedar Falls as of Friday had nothing out yet  :(  but they're usually a bit slow to get their stuff out.
10 weeks or so till we're water walking ;D counting the days

Offline Cherokeenation

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2011, 10:59 PM »
I typically hit up Cabelas for most things since I get mega points on my CC.  But last year was a complete dissappointment.  It was early Feb and I was heading to WI to ice fish for the first time in my life.  I basically got the FU from the guys at Cabelas....said they already were getting the spring stuff and all the ice fishing stuff was gone.  WTH??  In early FEB?   Needless to say I ran over to Scheels and proceeded to spend @ $500 outfitting myself....including a Marcum Showdown they had on sale for $299.  Their loss.

So I give a big thumbs up to Scheels for getting it right when it comes to customer needs and satisfaction!!
You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
-C. S. Lewis

Offline hillbill

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2011, 08:09 PM »
I may just might have to leave work early tommarow! Can not wait for thehard water

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2011, 06:58 AM »
Last fall I was hunting High and Low for a Extra small Arctic Armor suit for my wife. IDI, the makers of the suit gave me the number for the Scheels in St Cloud and I spoke to Wayne if I remember right, he had the last suit left in that size in the states ! He let me have it for $199.00 and threw in a set of gloves and Free shipping ! Now thats what I call Great customer Service !!  :thumbsup:

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2011, 07:41 PM »
I called Scheels in Lincoln last night, found out they will not be setting up until MID NOVEMBER????????????  Guess I'm headed to Omaha.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2011, 08:07 AM »
I typically hit up Cabelas for most things since I get mega points on my CC.  But last year was a complete dissappointment.  It was early Feb and I was heading to WI to ice fish for the first time in my life.  I basically got the FU from the guys at Cabelas....said they already were getting the spring stuff and all the ice fishing stuff was gone.  WTH??  In early FEB?   Needless to say I ran over to Scheels and proceeded to spend @ $500 outfitting myself....including a Marcum Showdown they had on sale for $299.  Their loss.

So I give a big thumbs up to Scheels for getting it right when it comes to customer needs and satisfaction!!
I go to Cabala's if I need to buy something pretty for my wife, if I need outdoor gear I go to Scheels or BPS.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2011, 12:16 PM »
I use to work for Scheels in Lincoln.  Drove me crazy that we couldnt get the ice stuff out sooner, MISSED SALES!!!  The problem is there just isnt enough room in that store to get it out til hunting season is winding down.  Have heard that they will be making some changes though to move fishing around to get it more room.  Hope it happens soon!!!  I do know they have everything in, its just in back stock til they get room.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #12 on: Oct 13, 2011, 03:39 PM »
2 words:  Tent sale.   Set it up with a pro staff member and have some hot dogs and stuff.  One day event...from cold storage to cash register...easy money.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 18, 2011, 08:57 PM »
 Drove all the way to Council Bluffs Saturday just so I could "Pre-shop" and get an idea of the prices for all I need.

If anyone is hitting a Scheels that is stocked, can ya get me some prices on 2-man clams and an Ice-55?

Offline inHISgrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2011, 07:45 AM »
Most all the prices on clam stuff and  ice 55 are the same. I have been to stores from Fleet Farm in Central MN to the Scheels in SD. and any store I  think might sell ice gear.  All the Prices have been with in 5 buck of each other on the bigger ticket items.  I have not had the best service or selection at Cabela's in NE Little better up north. The Lincoln Scheels has great people just no space and lousy selection as well.  As far as stores around this area I have had the best luck at Scheels in Omaha and Bass pro in CB
I LIKE FISHING BUT LIKE CATCHING EVEN MORE

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.