Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Ice Fishing Shanty
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Gearcor | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | KitteryTradingPost | Cabelas
Dec 18, 2014, 08:53 PM
Team Iceshanty Mock T's
Full chest logo/iceshanty.com printed down the sleeve.
Iceshanty Proshop

Miss activation email? Check your spam folder! | Forgot password?
This board sponsored in part by

Author Topic: April 1st. ice fishing  (Read 2083 times)

Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • IceShantyholic

Re: April 1st. ice fishing
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2011, 06:51 AM »
I was on 2 feet of ice this past Saturday catching trout and hope to be on the ice this coming Saturday catching crappies.... ;D ;D
        Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...

bigredonice

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Ice should be fine on some lakes for 2 more weeks!   

mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2011, 11:13 AM »
I will if I can, that would be awesome!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

bigal409

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Heard we still got ice in Chenango County. Mabe I'll give up the annual April 1st trout fishing and hit the ice once again. After all, I took the day off from work to fish. I might as well try something different huh?

fishinfurkarma

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2011, 02:58 PM »
So u can't ice fish a lake unless it is listed as approved for ice fishing per DEC correct?

SCsportsman

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #25 on: Mar 28, 2011, 03:39 PM »
So who knows the exact rules on fishing for trout on ice on trout waters when trout season opens? I think you can fish it threw the ice but only with 2 hand lines correct???? and no live bait on some waters

pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2011, 06:06 AM »
By rule in NY you can not ice fish in waters with trout in them.  Only by exception can you ice fish them.  For example, Lake Colby has trout in it, but you can ice fish it because it is listed as "Ice fishing allowed" in the Region 5 regulations.  Find the Region the trout water you want to fish is in, find the county and if its not listed specifically as allowing Ice fishing, then you cannot ice fish that water.

snelly

• Team IceShanty Regular

• my new shanty
« Reply #27 on: Mar 30, 2011, 06:00 AM »
So who knows the exact rules on fishing for trout on ice on trout waters when trout season opens? I think you can fish it threw the ice but only with 2 hand lines correct???? and no live bait on some waters
if you cut, punch or any other means make a hole through the ice to put in a line, it's considered ice fishing.and unless the body of water allows ice fishing you can't fish it. it doesn't matter that trout opens april 1st, unless you can fish without making a hole. people take long sticks and push there baited hooks up under the ice where it's breaking up along the shorelines. if you can do that it's legal

FROZENGOOSE

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2011, 10:52 AM »
lucky you guys live up there we dont have any ice just cold temps
just for the fun of it, let them go haddeck taste better

bigal409

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2011, 05:25 PM »
I just want to ice fish again. I don't care for trout anyways. The only reason that I fish for trout is for something to do between ice fishing and walleye season. We do have a couple of local lakes that have trout and you can ice fish them though.

jonnyrules15

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #30 on: Apr 01, 2011, 01:42 AM »
Anyone know the conditions up on Champlain, specifically Kelly Bay or Dillenback?  I plan on making the trip up there next weekend from southern NH and just want to make sure the ice will still be good.  I'm assuming the ice itself will be fine and it will be the shorelines that are the problem if there are problems which I'm hoping there's not.  We are still fishing on 14 inches of ice down here.  With this foot of snow that we are suppose to get today we should be fishing for at least two more weeks.  My record of fishing through the ice on April 23rd could be in jeopardy...which isn't a bad thing! :-)

Any info on the ice conditions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Jon

mroy44

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #31 on: Apr 01, 2011, 04:29 AM »
Ive heard that your going to need a long board to get on at dillenbeck or waders, but there is safe ice from what ive heard.  I havent been up there in a few weeks.

Good fishin!!  Nugent 2012!

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
Marmish | FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Jiffy | Gearcor | Frabill | FleetFarm | Lindy | Glens | Cabelas
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved