Author Topic: DUUUUDE !!!!!  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
DUUUUDE !!!!!
« on: Feb 19, 2011, 01:19 PM »
went out with brawler today,hit the front yard,which they are dredging now.took 5 fow out,deep spot is 7 feet deep,most is 4.spent 2 hours out,ice was thin but good enough to fish.marked 2 fish.So we went to another pond around mooresville,now that was some freaky stuff.If it wasnt bad already every hole i drilled and fished.Stand there for 5 mins and I was standing in water,step away and the waves followed,NOT GOOD.So we bailed and decided to call it quits for around here this year.Brawler did manage a bass that had to go 4lbs.As i was plannin on gettin wet somehow,I didnt take wallet,phone,nuttin but a bucket,some bait,auger and a rod.he did have his phone and got a couple pics see if I can get him to send them to me and get one up after bit..JT

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: DUUUUDE !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2011, 01:50 PM »
I took Duck (Jason) out to my place and we were severely disappointed.  Lost 5" in around 24 hrs.  That is the fastest ive ever seen it go.   :o

Im most definitely done.   :-\

Its a mixed feeling.  I still want to ice fish, but im chomping at the bit to start hitting prespawn walleye.  My internal clock says games begin Monday on my river.  Oddly enough its already began north of here.
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Brawler was on his tip toes the whole time........lol......G ive it up JT.......Dont wanna hear of ya goin thru....

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Fished 9" of clear ice with three inches of white ice on top all weekend.  Had to avoid the skimmed over open spots to walk across the lake to the hot spot, but no problems experienced.  The edges actually tightened up from the time we arrived on Friday night through this morning.  2" of snow on it today, so we can't see the skimmed areas now.  But we did find where a guy has structure sunk on the same side of the lake that we were staying, about four houses down, and no open spots to get there.  If their weather holds, I'll be back up there in a couple of weeks.

Few crappie, 9-12", some small perch, 7-9" gills.  No bass or walleye this weekend tho.  Fish would move through and you had about 15 minutes of action, then it was one or two every now and then until the next school came through.  Caught fish in 12-18 FOW all through the water column.

JT, that's an awesome tat.  I'm not a tat person personally, but if I ever change my mind, that'll be my first one!

-Jeff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.