Author Topic: Fished the Kankakee  (Read 6235 times)

Offline asselin24

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fished the Kankakee
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Ummm...the thread title says FISHED THE KANKAKEE.....so my guess would be the Kankakee river.

O man, thanks for clearing that up for me! good guess, your probably right. Keep up the good work

Offline countryboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Ya have a real hard time believing one 20 in crappie let alone multiple 20 in crappies pretty sure that would be the state record...if not what is the record?

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Ya have a real hard time believing one 20 in crappie let alone multiple 20 in crappies pretty sure that would be the state record...if not what is the record?

I beleive all the comments after the walleye and musky report are in jest becuase of the fact there are no pictures to show the once in a lifetime catch.  No pics with a claim like that is bringing out the sarcasm.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2011, 07:18 PM »
I beleive all the comments after the walleye and musky report are in jest becuase of the fact there are no pictures to show the once in a lifetime catch.  No pics with a claim like that is bringing out the sarcasm.
Correct answer.          sorry I thought it would be more obvious

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2011, 08:42 PM »
i thought it was obvious...but then again that four pound gill i caught from .....o never mind you wouldn't believe me anywho...lol...

Offline duck_hunter_69

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAAAGG!!!JACKWAGON!!!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2011, 09:02 PM »
i thought it was obvious...but then again that four pound gill i caught from .....o never mind you wouldn't believe me anywho...lol...

i will believe you and give you fair market value for your ocean front property in arizona lmao
Hardwater Maniacs Pro staff
CrappieZilla Ice Pro staff
Team Extrem Wisconsin Series Competitor

JRSwillow

« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:48 AM »
also caught a pike going about 25 inches

JRSwillow

« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:49 AM »
I know there are bigger walleye in the Kankakee but in my 36 years I haven't heard of or seen a musky in there either! Do you know the difference between a musky and a Pike?
yes

JRSwillow

« Reply #38 on: Feb 23, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Good job. I fished near state line bridge friday and was catching 20" crappie but forgot my camera. And of course they were too big to eat so I released them all
wow thats crazy dude, i caught a 15 aND a half inch crappie that was 2 pounds this year in INDIANA some people dont believe indiana has big fish, they must work for them, im 17 and i know that so people need 2 chill on there comments on here. ive caught trophy bluegill pushing 1 pound, largemouths 5 pounds, steelhead 11 pounds kings 15 pounds coho 10 pounds, crappie 15 1/2 inches, walleye 10 lbs, musky 20 lbs

Offline macchia182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:06 AM »
Can't wait to see these pics!!!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Willow, you are truly a remarkable fisherman especially at 17. Just think of the trophies you will have by the time you are my ave. Over 50. I think you should get a early start and put some of those trophies on the wall.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #41 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:24 AM »
i will post pictures of them later tonight to show you guys, 
Oh Goody pictures. :clap: :thumbsup: ;)2
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Can't wait, Willow has posted some good ones in the past.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #43 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Love those pictures.  @) 
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 23, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Can't wait to see this MUSKY that came from the KANKAKEE RIVER.Just hard to believe without seeing the pics.Myself I hope that there are musky in the river.I always wanted to catch a musky right out my back door.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 23, 2011, 12:36 PM »
wow thats crazy dude, i caught a 15 aND a half inch crappie that was 2 pounds this year in INDIANA some people dont believe indiana has big fish, they must work for them, im 17 and i know that so people need 2 chill on there comments on here. ive caught trophy bluegill pushing 1 pound, largemouths 5 pounds, steelhead 11 pounds kings 15 pounds coho 10 pounds, crappie 15 1/2 inches, walleye 10 lbs, musky 20 lbs
YA, I was just kinda having fun with it because I thought that we was joking around. Need thick skin sometimes on this site. Although, I can post pictures of some record or near record fish also. I suppose I could post a picture of anything for that matter.

Offline portageredneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:04 PM »
toot-toot

Offline Ice Rat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 23, 2011, 01:42 PM »

2nd that I'm 22 and have have 3+ years guiding experience for trout and salmon. Age is only a number not a skill level. My PB on Indiana trout and salmon steelhead 22 lbs, king 26 lbs, coho 18 lbs, lake trout 16 lbs, brown 17 lbs; all weighed on a certified scale. All but the lake trout have a place on my wall. I'm waiting for a 20 lbs plus laker for the wall everthing smaller gets released. My biggest Indiana largemouth is 8 lbs 24" have a pair of them on the wall. I have a collection of over 20 species of waterfowl on the wall, just got my Pope and young buck back from the taxi. If i get time i will have to take pics of the walls on my basement and post them. hopfully a 10 lbs eye will join the rest this year, my biggest eye is 26.5" maybe the kank will be good to me this spring :-) all i want is one big female...........

Guess you could probably assume i'm not married for how much crap I have mounted or how much fishing I do. All i can tell the ladies is don't try and compete with hunting and fishing becasue you ain't going to win ;D

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 23, 2011, 03:35 PM »
I didn't think the kank had musky but it wouldn't suprise me to see on either. They just recently (at least to my knowledge) started showing up below the dam in monticello. I didn't think they were in there. Can't wait to see some pics.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline Fish Stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 23, 2011, 10:56 PM »
Am going this weekend up by the 49 bridge or over to ten mile road.Not sure yet.anyone else have plans of going?

Offline 1lurker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Yea, probably Sunday for me. Pm me if you want to meet up.

Offline W4lleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:38 AM »
I didn't think the kank had musky but it wouldn't suprise me to see on either. They just recently (at least to my knowledge) started showing up below the dam in monticello. I didn't think they were in there. Can't wait to see some pics.

Most came through in the flood of 2008 IMO.  Being nomadic fish, when that floodgates opened, walleye, musky, and a few pike dropped in to the cuurent and headed south.  Which is their way.  AFAIC, the fact that weve seen them every spring since then means they are dropping back and returning to spawn.  Ive personally pulled a 4' to the bank, quickly looked across river and wondered how in the world i was going to get it to the other side and get my pic with it, (for posterity) and had it decide the issue for me with a self release.   They arent in numbers exactly, but there are a few around.

Rivers are a catch all. 
Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

You save the world, ill save your seat.

JRSwillow

« Reply #52 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:47 AM »
2nd that I'm 22 and have have 3+ years guiding experience for trout and salmon. Age is only a number not a skill level. My PB on Indiana trout and salmon steelhead 22 lbs, king 26 lbs, coho 18 lbs, lake trout 16 lbs, brown 17 lbs; all weighed on a certified scale. All but the lake trout have a place on my wall. I'm waiting for a 20 lbs plus laker for the wall everthing smaller gets released. My biggest Indiana largemouth is 8 lbs 24" have a pair of them on the wall. I have a collection of over 20 species of waterfowl on the wall, just got my Pope and young buck back from the taxi. If i get time i will have to take pics of the walls on my basement and post them. hopfully a 10 lbs eye will join the rest this year, my biggest eye is 26.5" maybe the kank will be good to me this spring :-) all i want is one big female...........

Guess you could probably assume i'm not married for how much crap I have mounted or how much fishing I do. All i can tell the ladies is don't try and compete with hunting and fishing becasue you ain't going to win ;D
nice dude, i went fishing at the st joe last night, i did not hav time to post pics but im at school when i get home i will make sure to post those pics

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 24, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Most came through in the flood of 2008 IMO.  Being nomadic fish, when that floodgates opened, walleye, musky, and a few pike dropped in to the cuurent and headed south.  Which is their way.  AFAIC, the fact that weve seen them every spring since then means they are dropping back and returning to spawn.  Ive personally pulled a 4' to the bank, quickly looked across river and wondered how in the world i was going to get it to the other side and get my pic with it, (for posterity) and had it decide the issue for me with a self release.   They arent in numbers exactly, but there are a few around.

Rivers are a catch all. 
Had heard these are Tiger Muskies and are coming into the Dam from the Wabash, acording to a friend at the Club there.
Tom

Offline alvanwie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 24, 2011, 06:24 PM »
There are muskies in the Tippecanoe River system. These come from the lakes in the North Webster area (Webster, Tippy, and Barbee Chain). These are pure strain muskie, not tigers. Every spring some are caught especially in the Winamac area.

I have never seen a confirmed report of muskie in the Kankakee  River and based on the state stocking locations I have no idea where they could have come from.

Offline Ice Rat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:03 PM »
i know of 2 muskie hooked below the Norway dam already this year by walleye fisherman.

JRSwillow

« Reply #56 on: Feb 24, 2011, 09:13 PM »
YA, I was just kinda having fun with it because I thought that we was joking around. Need thick skin sometimes on this site. Although, I can post pictures of some record or near record fish also. I suppose I could post a picture of anything for that matter.
im jus making conversation....didnt mean anythigng by it

Offline alvanwie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Feb 24, 2011, 09:45 PM »
So..... where was the muskie caught? Does not look like the Kankakee to me.

JRSwillow

« Reply #58 on: Feb 24, 2011, 09:49 PM »
So..... where was the muskie caught? Does not look like the Kankakee to me.
i cant give out that information;)

JRSwillow

« Reply #59 on: Feb 24, 2011, 09:51 PM »
if i tell you my spot then youll go to my spot then everyone else will cum to my spot and i dont want everyone there i hope you understand

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.