Author Topic: 95 th st. perch  (Read 1773 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
95 th st. perch
« on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:15 PM »
During the transition period, (which is now) the perch take a hammering. Think sometime next week I will have to bring out the long poles. Anyone else fish these waters?

Offline 88ranger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 95 th st. perch
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2011, 12:44 PM »
I think I am gonna try Navy pier tomorrow just hope the water is open

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2011, 01:32 PM »
i do. pm me. i knw alot about 95th and 92nd and cal park
"Fish on for me, Fish off for u"

Offline ttt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2011, 02:51 PM »
    I went this morning and checked out the launch at Cal Park.  Both had chains strung across them but
they were not locked.  I tend to believe that tomorrow those chains will be tossed up on the dock while
boats are being launched.  Harbor is clear of ice.  Fish are biting in the river around 92nd and 95th. There
is also a machine at the top of the launch now that will take your $22.00 for launching.  Not sure if they
will be monitoring that situation this weekend since they think the chains will be keeping us from launching.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:12 PM »
    I went this morning and checked out the launch at Cal Park.  Both had chains strung across them but
they were not locked.  I tend to believe that tomorrow those chains will be tossed up on the dock while
boats are being launched.  Harbor is clear of ice.  Fish are biting in the river around 92nd and 95th. There
is also a machine at the top of the launch now that will take your $22.00 for launching.  Not sure if they
will be monitoring that situation this weekend since they think the chains will be keeping us from launching.
Usually there isn't anyone there until the weather is better. And then usually only on weekends. I put in at Hammond and there isn't a charge. It is ridiculous that there isn't more launches that are free for Indiana residents. Where is all that extra monies from the fishing licenses used for? Oh, maybe they will put in another handicap fishing spot on the lake like the 1 they put in at Pastrick.. Sorry, paying to launch on Lake Michigan just ticks me off. Just my 2 cents

Offline ttt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:37 PM »
     At Cal Park they don't have anyone collecting money at all any more.  You have to feed the machine and it gives you a receipt to put in your window.  The dept of revenue will go thru the lot and ticket the ones that haven't paid.  I've never launched at the Hammond Marina but I guess I need to look into it.

Offline 1lurker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:46 PM »
Pastrick Marina is $10 to launch and the first 10 Indiana residents and the first 10 Illinois residents are free every morning.

Offline ttt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2011, 03:55 PM »
     How far of a run is it from Pastrick to the river?

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 18, 2011, 05:12 PM »
to run out of pastrick marina up into the shipping canal its about 3 to 3 1/2 mile run. you better watch your winds cause it'll get rough when you get out around that wall over the shoals. TTT is correct as far as the machine goes for launching. if you launch at pastrick they dont have gaurds to watch your truck as they make you park outside of their lot and my fathers truck along with others have been broken into there. its free to launch at hammond (eighther within the county or state) unsure otherwise they charge $15 whats another $5 at that point and at hammond your truck is parked in their lot, so its alot safer then pastrick
Got one goin'!

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2011, 05:23 PM »

To launch @ the Horseshoe/Hammond marina is free for Indiana residents-Ill. Residents is $15 but u have to check in also(register) I guess in order 2use there parking- It is a nice marina- it kind of puts u outa site from the rough part of town. I use it all the time in June,July n Aug to fish Cal park and Navy Pier

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Hammond is a nice marina. Just avoid it on Holidays and certain times on the weekends like everywhere else I guess

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:01 PM »
aND ALSO, THEY HAVE A FREE FISH CLEANING STATION. yOU DON'T HAVE TO BRING THAT STINK HOME WITH YOU.

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:34 PM »

AMEN! That is nice

Offline blu ladune

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2011, 08:43 AM »
I hear ya..... I've launched outta portage the last 10 years. What erks me is all winter they have like three people working in there when no one can even get a boat in. Nobody so much as shovels the ramp or does any type of preping  to launch. First five years, only open on weekends(5$) In winter. Now 2-3 workers everyday,to collect my now 10$. And probably the only boat out that week,and have to shovel the ramp, and have to plow through the ice myself. Anyway, was in the ditch catching Cohos the last couple of days. Was gonna start heading towards the light for some jumbos ,But the big lake water is very,very stirred,much clearer in the rivers.

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2011, 02:57 AM »
cant wait. i love it. it almost time for trolling and perch

Offline 4gettingills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Fished 95th on friday after noon used minnows and caught 2 small perch one on main bridge and second by the train bridge Fished navy Pier on Saturday afternoon and Whacked em  Caught between the 2 off us 100 perch on minnows with crappie rigg Took some sorting the bite was on and off I was frozen at the end of the day and I only quit when we used our last minnow.  Bigger Perch were taken from small uncooked and cooked pieces of Shrimp on Crappie riggs with big weight 30-40 feet from pier.  We definity caught our limit and had a hard time eating snacks and working 2 poles it was almost impossible to work 2 poles. We fished from 12pm to dark 530pm. Kinda crowded and fish were being caught in all locations of the pier.

Offline perch king

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2011, 01:23 AM »
pm me gills. we hook up n go. i down thanks for report

Offline 88ranger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 22, 2011, 03:11 PM »
My son, nephew and I went from early to 10 AM and ended up with 32 keepers on Sat morning.  About half came a nice older guy that was tired of cleaning fish so (thanks to him), all in all a great morning.  Going again on Sat.     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.