The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Spider Lake and Macannamac Camps  (Read 4243 times)

Offline NIP MAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spider Lake and Macannamac Camps
« on: Feb 16, 2011, 11:57 AM »
We will be heading to Spider at midnight tomorrow/Friday. I am looking for any last minute reports on the conditions, especially slush. Snow depth would also be useful. Any feedback would be appreciated

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spider Lake and Macannamac Camps
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2011, 12:18 PM »

Offline NIP MAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2011, 03:21 PM »
Thanks, it basically tells me we will have slush as that much snow will definitley push the ice down and water up. Hopefully it will be very cold and freeze up the slush after we pass over it and bring the water up to the top of the snow. No matter, we are there for a week so we'll deal with it. Thanks again, Mike.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Thanks, it basically tells me we will have slush as that much snow will definitley push the ice down and water up. Hopefully it will be very cold and freeze up the slush after we pass over it and bring the water up to the top of the snow. No matter, we are there for a week so we'll deal with it. Thanks again, Mike.

You sound like you know what you are doing Nip Man and will make the best of the situation... looking at your profile I'm guessing this is a significant vacation for your crew.  Once you pinpoint the areas you'll be fishing for the coming day, hit it hard with your sleds (no dog sleds in tow) the night before, over and over, creating some "shooting lanes". ;D   Next day you'll be mint, it will be bad however, slush wise, make no doubt. :-\  Have fun and release a few. @)

Offline NIP MAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2011, 05:34 AM »
Your are correct, this will be our 22nd year. The rest of your advice is absolutely correct. Unfortunately, we learned most of that the hard way many years ago. As for releasing, we usually keep one or two togue, all the rest go back as unharmed as possible. Thanks for the advice. I am going to get ready to pack as I leave at midnight tonight.

Offline MaineWyofishslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2011, 11:13 PM »
was on allagash on saturday and there wasnt that much slush. plenty of snow but it wasnt bad. snowshoes made some good pathways
Watch your top knot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.