Author Topic: I.W.I.F.D. Saturday February 5th Lake Maxinkuckee, Culver, Indiana  (Read 4797 times)

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
                                     I.W.I.F.D.

Saturday February 5th

Lake Maxinkuckee, Culver, Indiana

Saturday February 5th  - 5:30 – 7am
Beach House on the north shore of Lake Maxinkuckee, Culver, Indiana
We will have registration at the Beach house on Maxi ( North end ), and then people are free to
fish Lake Maxinkuckee only...... and then be back for the fish measuring, raffles and food at 4 pm

Tournament Hours: 5:30am – 4 pm
*** as soon as you register, you can go fish!!!!!!

Weigh-in: 4:00pm @ Beach House on the north shore of Lake Maxinkuckee
Must be checked in by 4pm

Offline LLH

• IceShanty Rookie
What is the price of admission? ???

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
20 dollars that enters you in all categories
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This is 5:30 am EASTERN TIME. We will have the Derby snow or not.
Tom

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
HI Gang!
 I see two different weather reports one said snow one said 0 temps and sunny?  I hope its the later as I don't mind the cold.  I bet there will be lots of snow anyway by saturday?  Bring shovels  I am going to go snow or not.  Test run the sled tonight and so far its running well!
  Maybe they fixed it??  I like fishing with cuz and kin anyway.  its always a fun outting.  I hope alot of guys show!
  Da-Roc

Offline Fergie2u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
I should be there.

Offline first sergeant

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Suck it up and drive on troop
I am definitely going to be there and I am bringing 5 non IS guys to boot
Prov.27:17 As iron sharpens iron ,so one man sharpens another.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fish on guys-its going to be a great time. Heated Beach House - with bath rooms-food and big big windows if you want to warm up and look over the lake.
Going to be a great time for all who want to come.
Tom

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  I will be at the FOF derby on Loomis Lake on Feb 5Th , its unfortunate that they are on the same day. We did not know this event's date when we set the FOF derby. Wish I could fish both.    This Walleye tourney is right up my alley.   Good luck to everyone.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We scheduled ours last year-we reserve the Beach House at the end of the Derby every year with the Derby Money.
Maybe next year- will post pics.
Tom

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
looks like it should be a good day, except it may get windy. Forecast is 29 with SSW 10-20 winds. I sure hope there is some path breakers this week out from the ramp. Anymore I can't walk 1/2 a city block without resting. Man I need to get in shape. If the snow they got there is like what we got here in Logan, it will be tuff walking. Here Its packed hard with icey crust.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
What are the category's? This is just a walleye tourney correct?

Offline Derslayer1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • EAT   SLEEP   FISH
No it is not just for walleye...heres a link, scroll down to the max tourny...

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=97935.0

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks Andy, its going to be a great time-free sloppy Joes, chili, meatballs. Prizes-raffles.
And a warm shelter, with bathrooms and tables to sit-free coffee and pop.
Tom

Offline sodbuster101

• IceShanty Rookie
Im ready boys.....im bringing a dozen 2 litters of pop, some sorted cookies and hom a made dirt pudding to pitch in. hope the fish eat more than us....cant wait.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Made it out to Maxi yaesterday,the conditions were tough,between the snow lush then more snow falling,made the walk and ride on quad tough.Bite was slow but some guys caught fish and had a great time.Tom,doug and all the guys helping put this event on did a SUPER job with the food,prizes,and alot of good conversation.Sloppy joes,meatballs,chips,desserts and alot of other food was a big hit.I also gotta say this, with there raffle EVEYONE went home with something weither it was new baits,rods,fish grippers,apperal,bass pro gift cards or a 2 day guided trip with lodging at brookville.They really did a great job with this and was happy to be there.I did get the chance to meet several IS guys sounded like everyone had a great time out there.Congrats to all the winners.... JT

Offline Philover

• IceShanty Rookie
What a great time. Congrats to Jason on winning the big cash prize, some decent walleye caught. This being my first time in this tourney, I had a  blast. Quality people running this one guys. Great food, fun atmosphere, I will fish this tourney again. Conditions were rough at best but it was still a good time. Met some new faces from IS and got to visit with a few old ones. Thanks guys for putting on a great tourney.

(Doug, shoot me a pm and I'll get you my address. I was halfway home when I realized I forgot to give it to you. BTW, those harnesses are KILLER, can't wait to use 'em.)
Phil

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Very tough day yesterday. Glad all who made it out had a good time. Sorry I missed it.

Offline wallin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for coming out Jt, sodbuter,derslayer1,bgriffs17,musky8it,da_Roc,Philover and a lot of other guys-snow and slush whopped me for sure.
Turned out well with 41 guys and gals. Great raffle gifts and one heck of a good time-we do this to meet other anglers
and people who just love and enjoy the outdoors and the great spirit of fishing. Heres some pics of the great food - prizes and
new and old friends.
Thanks
Tom
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/svenia_01/2011%20Maxi%20Ice%20Derby%202/?albumview=slideshow
Tom

Offline high_flags

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  Nice Pics!!   looks like you fellas had a Great event.  Wish I could have been there.   Congratulations to all the winners!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline Flattop

• Team IceShanty Addict
Looks like all had a good time.  Thanks for posting pics, Tom.

Joe
In life "The day you quit learning, better be the day you quit"
"I learn something new every day, even if it's how not to do something"

Offline sodbuster101

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing was poor to say the least...but was a good time. Hope to see you all again at the spring outing. (will be on my home waters) for those who missed it....was a good time with good folks and good food. Its all about fishermen and fishing..the things that we all love. Remeber to take the kids next time you go ....hook them on fishing to save them, and ensure our sport lives forever!

Offline Eye_Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Im having a walleye attack.........
First of all I would like to thank everyone involved. I appreciate everyone who came, donated food or prizes. I also would like to thank all who helped out. I am working on a movie clip that will show people with names, the winners and such, but it might take a few days to get it together. Just to let you know we have already set a date for next year... February 4th 2012 Registration will be from 5:30 - 8:00am and measure fish at 2:00 pm. So please mark your calenders.

Here are this years winners:
1st place walleye - Jason Penrose 1 - 19.25 inch walleye took walleye catagory for $125.00
Big fish pot for $195.00 a total of $320.00

1st place bass - Matt Hoffer - 1 - 15.5 inch smallmouth for $75.00
Tie 2nd place bass - Dave Hoffer - 1 - 15.25 inch smallmouth for $25.00
Tie 2nd place bass - Charlie Small - 1 - 15.25 inch smallmouth for $25.00

1st place perch - Jake Rakoczy - 1 - 12.25 inch perch for $75.00
2nd place perch - Dave Keller - 1 - 11.75 inch perch for $50.00

1st place bluegill - Dan Grapenthien - 1 - 9 inch bluegill for $75.00
2nd place bluegill - Matt Hoffer - 1 7.5 inch bluegill for $50.00

1st place crappie - Rick Nichols - 1 - 9.75 inch crappie for $75.00
2nd place crappie - Mike Rhoades - 1 - 8.75 inch crappie for $50.00

41 anglers entered
A lot of door prizes and raffle prizes, plenty of good food.

I will have more details soon, but thanks again to everyone for coming out and braving the elements. Also a huge thank you to everyone who helped.

Doug Burkhead
eye finatics of the world unite

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
sounds like a nice event, congrats to the winners. any pics?

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Hated to miss this one, but I couldn't be two places at once.  Looks like all had a good time in tough conditions.  Congrats to the winners.  Hopefully I won't have a scheduling conflict next year, as I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again and fishing Maxi. 

-Jeff

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q289/svenia_01/2011%20Maxi%20Ice%20Derby%202/?albumview=slideshow

Wallin put these up jeff

Great pictures.  How did that Scout work out for 'ya JT?  Did 'ya remember to take my name off of it?  LOL

-Jeff

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Worked great Jeff thanks,,, and oh NO,I was jeff for a day.....LOL

Offline Fergie2u

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Man i am still broken from pulling my shack out sat. in that snow man what a rough day. Should have taken the quad.

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Had a great time on saturday. A little sore from all the pulling through that snow. even managed to take a few fish home with us. We ended up with 5 decent perch (a bunch more tiny ones), and the gf got a 14" smallmouth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.