Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263415 times)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Made these a while back...
PVC Feeder, hung by key holes

PVC Waterer

"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Rod caddy

Hey Dandle,

Excellent idea.    For the inside of the Ice Tent. Your Rod Holder / Caddy is great. keeps everything rod in one place when in not in use.
We just had our's piled in a corner. but o not in a holder.  Great idea and build. 
Thanks for sharing.  Have a great summer, and keep building and inventing wither PVC Pipe.
Cheers,

AltaIce
                     @)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Made these a while back...
PVC Feeder, hung by key holes
(Image removed from quote.)
PVC Waterer

Morning Bart,

Hey Brother, great builds. Love the water supply system. The words can grab some water and get a view outside. As you can look in
from out side to see if they are drinking.  You could run the top of your Feeder out the wall with a cap on it ( weather protector) and fill it from outside and never have to reach in and unhook it and bother them (if that does bother them at all).

I love how you have the Key hanger attached to the back of the tube.  How did you attach those two little key holder supports?

Thanks again for posting your PVC builds and ideas.  Cool man.  keep it going.

AltaIce

@)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hay Bart.....

Good ideas for the Back Yard Chicken Coop.

Remember this saying?    "  Happy Chicken, Happy Life..."  Think that is how it goes?? LOL..

Have a excellent Friday and an even better weekend Sir.
 Cheers.

AltaIce
                      @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
AtlaIce, The two little key holder supports are glued with a "Plastic" epoxy, no problems.

I like the saying, "My pets make me breakfast every morning"

Have a good one...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Bart I opened 2 eggs this morning and both had double yokes in them. Love fresh eggs.. ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Morning Bart, Raquette,

Wow, that sounds awesome guys... Fresh eggs for every morning sounds so cool.
I have been eating 3 to 5 eggs for breakfast every morning for so long I can't remember that far back.

With my ADHD, having protein really helps me. So I start each and everyday with my eggs  as a start to my protein regiment.

That is so cool that you two have access to your fresh eggs, let alone the fact that you are raising your own chickens to do it.
( or as Bart put it... Have your pets make your breakfast, or something to that fact..LOL).

Bart, Yesterday I finally got my PVC Pen / Brush / Easel set up done and painted and hooked to my Drafting / Art Table.

Took lots of photos of it. Posted some on Tweeter and I will try to remember how to post them on here again.

You two have a great Sunday and enjoy your morning eggs.

Be safe and enjoy your day and all those around you.

AltaIce
                   @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Afternoon all.

Going to see f I have this down and am going to try and upload some photos of a new PVC pipe, Etc. item I just finished.
It is still a work in progress. As it is a Pen / Pencil/ Brush holder with an Easel add on as well. For my Drafting / Art Table.

so hang on while we see if I got it right. (up load them)

Please don't get offended if you see a Copyright stamp on it as I used the Photos I used for something else and they ask for the stamp... LOL

AltaIce 
                 @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Afternoon all.

Going to see f I have this down and am going to try and upload some photos of a new PVC pipe, Etc. item I just finished.
It is still a work in progress. As it is a Pen / Pencil/ Brush holder with an Easel add on as well. For my Drafting / Art Table.

so hang on while we see if I got it right. (up load them)

Please don't get offended if you see a Copyright stamp on it as I used the Photos I used for something else and they ask for the stamp... LOL

AltaIce 
                 @)
.................................................................................................

See if these work. Photos of a new PVC and PVC Pipe build I just finished.  It is not related to Fishing.. BUT a while ago,
I had pulled out my Old Ice Fishing Sled and that gave me the PVC bug again. 

Lets see if these worked... LOL

Have an excellent Sunday everyone and an even better week.

AltaIce
              @)

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

AltaIce - The pictures came out great - Outstanding uses for PVC
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
AltaIce - The pictures came out great - Outstanding uses for PVC

Excellent Capt.

Thank you very much for your feed back and letting me know the photos can been seen. ( New Technology  and all... LOL)

Believe it or not.. the best part about this build is that I only  used parts I had in my little work shop. Whether they were parts I never used from the Sled build I made.. If you look closely  you can see I used old Luggage frames and wheels, Old Scotty rod holder items I had kicking around.
Old lure tackle boxes I ripped apart and reused the parts... Like I mentioned I used a lot of stuff from my work shop I had been hoarding. LOL.

I really did bnotspend anymore money on this build... or should I say any more NEW money... LOL.. As it was bought and paid for some of the PVC pipe parts Etc, from , my sled build I had left over.

Thanks again Capt. Jim.

Cheers,

AltaIce 
                       @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Here's a few of my PVC projects...
Tip-downs

Morning Bart.

Sorry I never forgot to ask... How did your new Tip-Downs you made work?

AltaIce
                    @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
I don't use them often, but they work great!
  Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
I don't use them often, but they work great!

Cool !!
I always meant to ask.  Figured they would work. Catch anything bigger on them?  That was not a dig... LOL.. just a question.... Hee Hee.

AltaIce
                 @)

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great ideas  :thumbsup:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Great ideas  :thumbsup:

Hi Nocod,

We all thank you. ( your right , there are some really cool ideas and built oaths thread with PVC)
Hope all is well with you and you had a great Ice Fishing season.
So, have you got anything planned to make or build this summer with PVC, fishing or not related it does not matter.

Have a great summer.  Tight line.

AltaIce
                @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey everyone,

Hope all are doing fine out there.  Any new builds or PVC projects getting started or planned for this summer, you might want to show and share?

Have an Excellent Friday and an even better weekend. Take care.

Tight Lines.

AltaIce
                 @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
My rod holders are all mocked up and fitted, just needs a little sanding and prep for paint, here's a few pics before they get painted, all black. They should keep my primary rods at hand and well protected. The tough part is going to be cutting into the hood so it will slip right on and off.

Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
My rod holders are all mocked up and fitted, just needs a little sanding and prep for paint, here's a few pics before they get painted, all black. They should keep my primary rods at hand and well protected. The tough part is going to be cutting into the hood so it will slip right on and off.

Good Saturday Morning Hello Bart !!
  Hey Brother, sorry for the late reply.

Hope all is going well with you and yours.  Awesome photos of the new builds your into. Those rod holders look great.
Nice set up on your snowmobile for sure!  You and I are of the same mind.  Plastic moulded Boat Rod holders, Etc. make for superb
add on to so many other PVC builds for sure. And as well any metal pipe holders or clamps are also fair game... LOL.

Great ideas, keep going, don't stop inventing and building now... the summer is young.  Hee Hee.
I would imagine you have those all painted by now and your on to your next idea...
  Once again, great build and use of your imagination and designs. Very practical and useful builds indeed.  Keep it going young feller !!

Cheers,
              AltaIce
                           @)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey Everyone..
  Recent fast build I had to do. Recently went with a large and longer ( more joints) Downspout drain pipe.
As way more water will be going through it, weight wise for the span of the length.
I figured I would try a different way to support the joint.  ( maybe over kill) I thought I would lengthen the area for the support instead of all the single point and stand support I have used and seen in the past.    As the norm for now I used some left over PVC Pipe I had, as well as a New Metal Shovel handle I had bought at Princess Auto a few years back,cheap.  ( actually had bought three of them, thinking I would use them one day for something... LOL.

I made the support 18" long ( about 9" on each side of the joint) with fairly wide base at the legs.
Time will tell, but it should be ok. Just waiting for the rain now... LOL

Have an excellent weekend everyone.. looking forward to seeing your new builds, designs and inventions regarding PVC Pipes, Etc.

Cheers,
             AltaIce
                           @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
There is other uses for PVC than for ice fishing!  ;D  Nice job on the Downspout pipe support.

I did get it a finished, I even bought a new rod & reel to test it out this upcoming season...

Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Right on Bart,

They look awesome !!
  Very nice painted finish on the PVC pipe. and I like that you also painted the Pot metal pipe clamps and holder to them.  Excellent PAINT finish!
  I think that is really cool that you kept the bottom end of the rod holders open a little.. So that if any snow that falls into the top (when it is snowing and maybe parked or driving I guess Rod Holders  or water) (melted snow, from possible
any engine heat from the side of the Snowmobile) can drip out the lower end.

Question. ( Having said that) When you giver on your drive to that perfect fishing spot.  Does much snow fly up and into the air, in front and sides of the snowmobile,  maybe when you're hitting the deeper snow?

I am probably wrong, but if the snow does get kicked up into the air. Is there a slim chance that some of it could go up into the little bit of the open end that you do have. Do you think you might need a small little deflector maybe a very short distance right in front of it? To stop any powered kicked up snow from going into that lower end. Only thought of it... Cause ( long story for another time)because i had a tip of a Rod freeze solid in a melted puddle of snow, that froze.  LOL..

But I have not been on a Snowmobile since I was a very young kid, let alone be fortunate enough to use one for Ice Fishing...  (Cool, Lucky you). LOL
   So I could not remember how much snow could fly up the sides and maybe into the little opening of the rod holders.
  They are probably fine.. You would know better than me Sir. Just a thought I had. Not sure it would ever be a problem.

Just had a thought... ( Ya, Ya, it hurt....) You may have already thought of this and are on it. On the upper end of the rod holder, are you going
to make a easy tie bag of some sort to put over the top of your reel and rod end Etc. Too keep the snow off of it.. hence that evades the problem of any snow falling into the top of it that could freeze.

As Well The way you have the Riffle holders set up I take it that is for your Power Auger?.. If So that is really Cool indeed.

Great build Brother.           (( ok,, gonna stop babbling and typing now... LOL))

You and yours have a great evening Young feller...
   Be Safe... Tight Lines....

AltaIce
                        @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
90% of the time the snow never gets anywhere but in the track. The main reason may be I am a elderly gentleman, rarely ever go over 20mph. Deeper snow, I can't risk getting stuck... again an elderly gentleman. I'm retired also so I can pick and choose my days. My main Lake is usually largely wind-blown of most of the snow also.
I have a few pics...

Keep America Godly...

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Nice photos of paradise Bart.      ;)2 :bow:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Nice photos of paradise Bart.      ;)2 :bow:

Right on Bart....
 I agree with Idahogator,

Excellent Photos and set up. Very clean and mean indeed.

That little Metal "Cooler" holder you have on the side of the snowmobile is pretty nice and handy.

Great design and innovation!!  Thanks again for showing them.

AltaIce
              @)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rod rack I made for soft water rods on a table saw.. I am sure you could add it to your shanty or even a wall... but closer together for ice rods all it is made of is 2 inch i.d. schedule 40 pvc pipe drilled strait threw so there is a screw hole.. and one  drill whole big enough on the adjacent side bigger to fit a long Philips bit threw to screw it to the ceiling.. any how enjoy the picture.. also be careful in the garage cause up in the rafters is warmer then the basement and the rods tend to get brittle up there in a unconditioned space...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Great Pic and good idea Chilly,

Your system holds everything up out of the way and provides great organized storage.
  Thanks for sharing your ideas. If you have any more we would like to see them..
  Take Care and Tight Lines.

AltaIce
                 @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
I made a Kayak cart for my new kayak, Pelican Catch 120. The cart makes it simple and easy loading/unloading or getting the kayak to and from the water.

Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Afternoon Bart.. Hey everyone.. Good Day!

Awesome, Excellent PVC Build, Bart.  ((Bart, made a Kayak cart for his new kayak, Pelican Catch 120. The cart makes it simple and easy loading/unloading or getting the kayak to and from the water.))

Looks like it is nice and light as well very easy to move around and place the Kayak into the water and shore at ease!
  Thanks for sharing this PVC Build Bart... and Have a great summer fishing with your new Kayak!!.
  ExcellentDesign..

Cheers Brother..

AltaIce           
               @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
I did another PVC project, kayak outriggers, I incorporated a couple of rod holders into it as well. I added a anchor holder to my fishing crate also.

Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.