Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263535 times)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
HEY J!!!!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!  :woot: :thumbsup: PM ME, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
HEY J!!!!!!! YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!  :woot: :thumbsup: PM ME, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heck Ya, still alive and still kicking or was that alive and still getting kicked??  LOL ..  I can never remember ..

Hope you and yours have been doing well and all is Ok. Been off line for too long.  Just thought I would stop in ( seeing that it is that time of year… chilly) to see what everyone has been up to and to see what kind of builds have been done all summer with any kind of PVC piping, etc.

Hey Reb, I just sent you a PM.  But as the norm for me…. LOL .. I'm not sure if I sent it at all or if even to the right person..  LOL … Damn this new technology.

Later.  Once again I hope you and yours had a great summer and everyone was kept safe.

AltaIce   @)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Didn't get it, Alta...try again!!! And you should re-post some pics of the best PVC built sled I've ever seen....yours!!  :thumbsup:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Son of a gun "Reb".. I have to rewrite all of that again ??? ( I did not save it !!)  LOL … Remind me to learn and try to tell shorter stories…  Who am I kidding… Wife tells me that I can't ask for the time of day with out.. making it a long story, although if you think about it, was time or the term of the suggestion of time, was it a event designed by us to control or did we just grow into it as we learned to keep track of it…. OHHH Damn.. did it again.  LOL ..

AltaIce   @)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Got it!!! Thanks!!! Really good to see ya back on here!!! Now don't go hidin' on me again!!!  :roflmao:

Offline idahopanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have used PVC for some time now an love it!

Michael
Keep looking to the East
He will be coming in the clouds.

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
(Image removed from quote.)

Morning " I.P.F. "

They all look great.   I agree with you passion with PVC.  I got hooked ( No pun intended..) on PVC a while ago, just by seeing what people were making on here and seeing there postings.

Have A Great Weekend to you and yours.  and .. and  keep building. 

Cheers.

AltaIce    @)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
With the PVC rods holders mounted on the sleds, do your reels freeze up because they are not protected from the wind? I want to add some like Tdobbs on the inside of my one-man flip-over. I just do not like having to reach in to a rod bag or hard case. Would be nice to just grab the rod and fish.
jbird68

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Great thread!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Great encore, AI.       :bow:

Retreading this gives me new ideas.     :thumbsup:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Retreading this gives me new ideas.     :thumbsup:

Hey Morning  Idahogator,
 Excellent, glad it got you thinking.
 I had the same thing happen to me... LOL.. I was going through it and saw some cool inventions and ideas that I had forgotten about.
It got my brain moving again.... LOL..  It is a wild ride going through the older threads and seeing again the great ideas and creations everyone has made in the past that can be reinvented or appriciated for just the thought that has gone into so many of these items.

Great to see you all again.

Have an excellent Sunday everyone and an even better week.

Be Safe and have fun with your PVC builds Etc.

AltaIce

@)

Offline Muser

• IceShanty Rookie
I first read this thread last winter and am just now finishing reading it again after finding it thru Searches and have been brainstorming as I've been re-reading this thread.
Having just retired I'm already making plans for a "hounds" inspired PVC tip-up. I plan to make the max. allowable in Ohio. (6, I believe)

Now I need to find a good rod to use with them. It would seem that a fiberglass rod is required to get the bow in the rod needed?

- I'm going to buy the finest grit emery sandpaper to "polish the cup-holder hooks (removing any production nicks, etc.), and experiment with fine tuning the distance between the hooks to provide a slightly longer pause before the hookset (to give the fish a chance to better get it inhaled) to increase hook-ups. Simply adding more hooks in a line might suffice.

- also wondering if using Carnauba car wax on the rod holding hook after polishing them might make for a more friction-free jump off of the rod tip.

- I'm also curious as to how small a lb. test fishing line can be used for panfish; the polishing of the cup-holder hooks should allow smaller lb. test line. (more experimenting)

Then with the likely short ice fishing season here in Ohio this year, I'll redesign my ice sled with extensive use of PVC for next year.  @)
When all is said and done, I hope to post some pics to give back for others to benefit as I have from this thread. 

A thousand thanks to all of you for sharing your brilliant ideas!

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff

Not sure if I posted the project before or not. Used pvc for the tent frame and the runners on the sled. I constructed the whole project. Made the alum sled, sewed the tent and made the frame.

Then I made it a drop down smitty.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Not sure if I posted the project before or not. Used pvc for the tent frame and the runners on the sled. I constructed the whole project. Made the alum sled, sewed the tent and made the frame.

Then I made it a drop down smitty.

Wow, that is amazing.  Talk about being resourceful, I could never do that!  Great job

Offline peteinvermont

• Team IceShanty Regular
Do any of you have issues with your sleds tipping when walking through snow?  I thought about adding on to mine with PVC like the creative guys above, but when the snow is any deeper than 10-12", my sled tips back and forth in my footprints.  Thoughts on that anyone?

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.

Logitech quickcam 4000 disassembled and stuck in a pvc endcap.  Added a 20 foot usb extension cable to the 10ish foot camera cable and I could go down to ~ 25 FOW.

Built it around 2003-4 and just pulled it out today - still works!

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline Clear_Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict

This is fantastic! I might end up trying to build my own 1-man portable like this just for fun this summer. I might have to learn to sew though...  ???

Go Beavers!

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac

(Image removed from quote.)

Some great ideas there!! (The pink poles clash with the rest of your outfit though.   ;D)
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
Lots of great ideas...  Made a few of these for Christmas presents...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Newest version of my rod holders. Went with a V shape holder. This allows for all different size rods that will just sit on it. These are a tip down type. The rod will tip all the way down into the hole and stay on the holder.

<===Lefty===

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
Nice Job Lefty.

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
How tall are those risers Lefty? And do you lighten the drag much or at all on that set-up? I need to make a couple of those for myself...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
How tall are those risers Lefty? And do you lighten the drag much or at all on that set-up? I need to make a couple of those for myself...
I made them 18" so about 19 plus from the ground/ice up. I made them tall so I don't have to bend over in my Chair to grab the rod. I used to have the wire wrap around the rods but them figured I might have to use a different one once in a while. So that is when I figured it was better to make a V shape and now all rods will work. I have the Wire go through holes instead of resting on the top in a notch. That way the wire never comes off. And just rest the rods on their is plenty good enough to hold them.
<===Lefty===

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey all, hope everyone has been doing well and had a great Ice Fishing season!

Just thought I would show an old Ice Fishing Sled build I made in the past.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=136832
(20648)

I pulled it out from under it's cover a little while back and that gave me the BUG again to make something out of PVC again.
(Since I also had a lot of pipe and items left over from my Ice Fishing Sled Build)

I got the the bright idea to make a Pen / Brush / Easel  holder for my Drafting / Art Etc. Table.

I am working on it now... but overtime I go downstairs to work and look at it I keep adding something new to it.

The WIFE looked at what I had built so far and all she said was...... " Oh my God... it is the Ice Fishing Sled all over again, here we go!!"

( and I am not done yet with it...)
She named it "Ice fishing Sled Two"....  and ... and.... remember it is just a Pen/Etc. holder... LOL.

Hope to have Photos of this new PVC Pipe build soon.

(( looking forward to seeing all your SUMMER PVC Builds as well. ))

Cheers all.

AltaIce
                      @)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
AltaIce, I'm still mulling over ideas for a PVC rod holder for the snowmobile... I bought a heat gun, may be doing more projects with PVC; ax or knife sheath, ax holder and other types of holders???

Hope all is well with you and yours, bart
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
AltaIce, I'm still mulling over ideas for a PVC rod holder for the snowmobile... I bought a heat gun, may be doing more projects with PVC; ax or knife sheath, ax holder and other types of holders???

Hope all is well with you and yours, bart

Morning Bart !!  Everything going great here Sir. 

I was hoping you would have had a chance to see my post. I forgot to say hi to you.

Man, your the one that Really got me started on use PVC Pipe Etc. to make things, and that was after I seen what you did with your sled.  It was the beginning for me. ( I thank you for that.)  I had that problem of my old sled and me trying to carry so much stuff and watching it always fall off, it was your sled that got all of us thinking. ( handshake)

For sure Bart.... You can build great a Rod Holder for your snowmobile. I look forward to seeing it, Sir.

I have never used a Heat Gun to do anything with the PVC Pipe.... I would be very interested in seeing what you can do with it for sure.

I have just been using a little (very small) Butane torch to do the adjustments I need on the PVC.

All the holders you mentioned , sound pretty cool. As well for storage in the shop etc.

How did you make out with your Chickens and the water supply to them as well have you made a PVC feeder for them yet?

You and yours have an excellent day and a even better week and weekend.

Yak to Ya later,

AltaIce 
                   @)

Offline dangle

• Team IceShanty Regular

Rod caddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.