Author Topic: Not a hot bite but its not too bad! READ!!!  (Read 682 times)

Offline fasttimeracing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Not a hot bite but its not too bad! READ!!!
« on: Jan 28, 2011, 12:09 PM »
 I will once again share some info with you. I have been on syracuse all year long. im not leaving fish to find them. I have been going to the same place every weekend and once a week . with all the talk about fishing slow way down i have not seen much of it.
    last night I went out for about 3 have and got about 15 to 20 keepers and was getting some smaller ones. what i have found to work the best is a ice flies. red head black body and red tail tiped with one or two spikes. the past week i have had to go to a spring bobber bc they are hitting so light. i"m only using one pound test to help with feel and a faster fall. sometimes they are hitting on the way  down. but for the last two weeks they have been 3 feet off the bottom. every little jigging is needed. i have been jigging tell i see the fish start coming up then dead sticking it. it seem any movment once they start looking at it makes them go away. so i place it in a rod holder. thats when im getting most of my hits.
 now as far as parking the only place i know is the beach and that makes for a long walk. but if u want fish u will do it. its abouts 3/4 of a mile. i may be able to get someone a little closer walk. pm me.

Offline fasttimeracing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Not a hot bite but its not too bad! READ!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:30 PM »
lol not be good info ???

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: Not a hot bite but its not too bad! READ!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2011, 03:14 PM »
lol not be good info ???

Good info...we may see you out there this weekend....haven't figured out where we are going yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.