Author Topic: lookin for a new consistant tip up spot  (Read 695 times)

Offline LPiceFishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
lookin for a new consistant tip up spot
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:07 PM »
My fav. spot to fish (n. pine lake LaPorte) has just been fished out this year. I think i'm gonna let it rest till late ice. I've been all over stone lake and little hudson with not much luck on bass. Does anyone know a good spot in N.W. In. to run tip ups and consistantly catch bass or pike? As if you'd tell me anyway. :)
Just joined PETA: people eating tasty animals

Offline RynoIceMan

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: lookin for a new consistant tip up spot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:09 PM »
willow slough can give good numbers on both bass and pike...that is kind of a haul tho from laporte.
Didnt catch a damn thing! Guess you can say we took a lickn'
Tonights fish fry is gonna taste like chicken!
A Bad Day of Fishin' Beats a Good Day of Anything Else

Offline hardH2Owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:41 PM »
South Pine has both!  Plenty of bass, but pike are few and far between just like North Pine...  Maybe Sunday, we will be out on South Pine running flags ourselves!!!!  There is a huge weed flat on South Pine, just like the one on North Pine.  :tipup:

We were out earlier in the year on Stone, just to the west of the channel between the lakes, and had some flags also.  One was definitely a pike, and some bass runs also, but nothing promising. 

You want to catch some bass on tipups, can always hit Fish Lake in LaPorte County.  Plenty of bass in this lake!  Not real big, but plenty to chase!  :tipup:

Offline notarookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2011, 04:57 PM »
Where is Willow?
no farther than people driving here for these lakes though, i may be up for a road trip :tipup:
I want to catch a Walleye

Offline RynoIceMan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Where is Willow?
no farther than people driving here for these lakes though, i may be up for a road trip :tipup:

willow slough is off of US 41 and i think its 114.....heres the address...2042 S 500 W,Morocco, IN 47963 ....good gills there too...and  everytime i go i set a tip up and catch quite a few bass and othere target just northerns....a few 40" pike pulled outta there this ice season
Didnt catch a damn thing! Guess you can say we took a lickn'
Tonights fish fry is gonna taste like chicken!
A Bad Day of Fishin' Beats a Good Day of Anything Else

Offline notarookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Thks Ryno
I want to catch a Walleye

Offline crappiehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie too big for the hole!!! LOL!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:55 PM »
I have wondered about the flat on South Pine. It's just a haul from the parking area. I fish that area a lot in open water for bass, got to be there now too.

Offline hardH2Owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2011, 07:34 AM »
Crappiehunter, you are right.  It is not a fun trip from anywhere you can park.  The bass are there, and have always been there.  We used to catch them in the back bay off South Pine also... Luckily for us, we have family near by the flat.  Set up flags, and back to the living room!   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.