Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Ice Fishing Equipment board is sponsored by
Profishingsuppply.com
Sep 25, 2017, 09:03 PM
Enter the iceshanty Ice Fishing Picture Contest. Win a Jawjacker, Custom Jigs and Spins lures and Team Iceshanty ball cap!
Click here to enter

Author Topic: Inventions  (Read 234826 times)

stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac

• Never settle for less
Re: Inventions
« Reply #40 on: Nov 27, 2005, 09:51 AM »
This Is A Good way to have your inventions seen ..and stolen...and im not talking about Iceshanty guys...anyone on the net can copy this and get it patented ,if you know what i mean...not to be a party pooper...i really do think these inventions are that good.

I know what yah mean ::)
Stumper_1300@yahoo.com 

amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict

• Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #41 on: Nov 29, 2005, 01:24 PM »
any thouths on ice cleats??  how to convert boots??  i was thinking screws.. but them would break..  maybe bolts with nuts..  sharpned??   -moose
flag up, tightlines; fish on....   -moose

arctic1

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #42 on: Nov 29, 2005, 06:09 PM »
we just use sheet meatal screws in the lugs of our boots. Cheap to replaceeasy to install. Wife don't much like it when you forget to take them off when i come in the house though.

Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #43 on: Nov 29, 2005, 07:23 PM »
any thouths on ice cleats??  how to convert boots??  i was thinking screws.. but them would break..  maybe bolts with nuts..  sharpned??   -moose

Below is a picture of RGfixit's boots. He put hex head screws in a few years ago. I put them in my sorels last year and they worked great. I used stainless steel hex heads that were (i think) 3/8" long.

Ken                                          

Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #44 on: Nov 30, 2005, 08:40 AM »
I ran a broomball team years ago. I work in a manufacturing plant and a lot of the guys had never played before. There were only a few of us with broomball shoes. One of the new guys was extremely maneuverable on the ice for someone who just started and didn't own the shoes. After the first game one of the guys on our team clued me in that Brad had screwed 10-32 socket head cap screws into the bottom of his boots. That explained the rooster tail he was throwing as he ran.

Big_Buck_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Pull it out and measure it.
« Reply #45 on: Dec 30, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Somebody in the Ontario CA area had this nifty invention to keep us from losing our ice fishing rods.  I might have to make a few.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=29237.0
Life is just a bunch of BS between deer seasons.
Mama doesn't know the toys we keep...

hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:14 PM »
Big Buck,..What I use is just a top from a 5 gal pail and a snap clip with a similar strong line attached.

amazinmoose

• Team IceShanty Addict

• Flag UPPP!!
« Reply #47 on: Jan 10, 2006, 05:15 PM »
i feel like a fool. but here goes...   how does that cut ice???  -moose
flag up, tightlines; fish on....   -moose

pontiac787

• Team IceShanty Regular

• Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #48 on: Jan 10, 2006, 06:57 PM »
i feel like a fool. but here goes...   how does that cut ice???  -moose

It looks like that is the power head.  You would attach an auger blade to it as you would with a gas auger.

pimpmypike

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #49 on: Jan 10, 2006, 07:53 PM »
looks like he used an auto steering wheel for handles.wow what an invention!hats off to adipose.I would guestimate that the auger slides onto that exposed shaft that apears to be driven by the belt/pulley system up above.wow

red_eyes

• Team IceShanty Addict

• FLAGG!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Jan 17, 2006, 04:19 PM »
hand warmer/stove I read in one of my fishing books years ago, seems like a good idear. Take a coffee can, put a roll of tp in it and fill 1/2 way with alcohol, let it soak then light the tp, to put it out put a pie pan or something similar over it.
Pain is temporary, trophies last forever

papare

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #51 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:52 PM »
does anyone have minnow trap plans? the link for the boy scout soda bottle trap is no good.

perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #52 on: Feb 19, 2006, 01:40 PM »
hey stumper i was looking at the shanty that you made... that is the coolest thing, it could really seel well.  i was wondering, i am trying to make my own portable for myself and i wanted to know what kind of material you used and where i could find some. thanks.
-perchpunk-
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #53 on: Feb 19, 2006, 03:45 PM »
oops i meant sell*
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #54 on: Mar 02, 2006, 12:05 PM »
OK here is a time saver. I transport my auger in two pieces. It sucked trying to put it together on cold days. So I now use a bolt longer than the orignal. I drill a clearance hole thru the nut so the bolt slides thru easy. I then wrap tape on the nut so the nut doesn't fall out of the recess where it fits (like a press fit). Once the bolt is thru the shafts and the nut I use a hitch pin to keep it from falling out (drill a hole thru the bolt at 90 degrees to its axis size for a small hitch pin). You can assemble and disassmble an auger in seconds. If you need a pic I'll take one and post.

Not sure its an invention but it sure beats screwing the auger together. I also made a nice stand for the powerhead out of wood. Two 2X6 laid side by side. Screw a third 2X6 in the middle of the other two on top of them. (like a pyramid) In the top 2x6 I drill a hole large enough to accept the augers powerhead shaft. Two screw eyes below the handles and a couple of bungies and walla. The power head stays verticle (which in my case helps with easy starting) nice way to transport without leaking or spilling fuel.
Spike

had to fix some spelling mistakes
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Thestanimal

• Team IceShanty Regular

• "Learn How to Work Kid"
« Reply #55 on: Mar 08, 2006, 11:30 AM »
CAPT Spike,

You have a photo of the stand you made?
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict

« Reply #56 on: Mar 12, 2006, 09:51 AM »
CAPT Spike,

You have a photo of the stand you made?

OK here they are, sorry for the delay.
Note: stand is now made from (1) 2X10 not (2) 2X6's layed side by side. I needed to remake due to fuel contamination on the wood and didn't have 2X6's long enough. So I made from a single 2X10. A little more tippy but does the job.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Thestanimal

• Team IceShanty Regular

• "Learn How to Work Kid"
« Reply #57 on: Mar 13, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Thanks for the visual
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

yoopermjm

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2006, 04:26 PM »
I made a siren tip-up with my son for the science fair.  Bought a big switch and a siren at Radio Shack, mounted it on the end of the tip up by the flag with a bent piece of aluminum and took an old broken smoke alarm apart for the piece of plastic that holds a 9 volt battery.  When the flag goes up it triggers the switch and she screams like a banshee.  Only problem is that the siren I got is almost TOO loud!   No more missing the flag while in the shack however. :)

Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #59 on: Dec 11, 2006, 02:28 PM »
i use old smoke detectors, i take out the smoke sensor, and just use the flag as the circuit connector.......cheap. ......and already pre-wired for the most part
DIY Eskimo Profish 150 Mod'd out w/ DIY Wood Enclosure with Hatches, DIY LED Lightbar,

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved