The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Blade interchangeable?  (Read 12045 times)

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Blade interchangeable?
« on: Jan 21, 2011, 11:37 AM »
OK, so here is what I know,  Finbore III, Eskimo, and Strikemaster laser "handaugers" all use the same style/shape/design of blades, and they are not serated, Can new mora blades be used on all models?    Next... the Powered Finbore (w\husky engine), Older Eskimo with Tubro BB8 blades and, Strikemaster Laser power auger  are all the same style/shape/design of blades as well.... they are also the same as the HAND AUGERS,  BUT they are serated,   my question to you is can I use the cheaper NON SERATED blades from the hand auger on my Eskimo Mako Power Auger, or do they have to be the serated type,  the smooth hand auger blades will fit, I just dont want to break anything.    ;)

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Blade interchangeable?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2011, 03:48 PM »
I'm not sure about the smooth on power augers. I guess if it fits and cuts it should work.

I do know mora blades will not work on lazers.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:23 PM »
The Finbore III and SM Lazer hand auger blades are interchangalbe. I know the power auger blades for the SM are serrated however I don't know if the hole spacing or the cutting angles are the same as the hand auger blades.

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2011, 04:34 PM »
I just got an update from STRIKEMASTER, this is what they said in an email

We do not know if you can use our blades on the Eskimo and Finbore III model augers.  We have no idea if the bolt holes will line up. On our augers, you can use the Lazer hand auger blades on the power auger drill units.

Sincerely,

Strikemaster Corp.

So I'll try using the Finbore "MORA" smooth hand auger blades, on my eskimo BB8 auger,  I'll let ya know how it goes.  with that said,  this is what I got in an email from Eskimo...

[The hand auger blades which are not serated do not work on the power auger blades which must be serated to cut properly.

The Swedish Mora blades can be used on multiple brands, but I don’t which one.  They fit our Eskimo hand augers.

I hope this answers your questions.  If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Sincerely, Sherry

Customer Service Representative for:

Ardisam: Earthquake, Eskimo
/quote]

I think Eskimo just wants me to buy the WAYYY more expensive serated blades for my power auger,  I'll see how the smooth oes cut

;)

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:15 PM »
Just to make sure there is no confusion. The mora blades on the fin bore are actually Mora Of Sweden blades, not strikemaster mora hand auger blades. Do not get these confused. To my knowledge the blades on the Eskimo hand augers are strikemaster mora style, so strikemaster mora hand auger blades will work. The Mora of Sweden blades on the lazer augers will not fit the Eskimo.

Mora of sweden is a company that makes blades for many companies.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011, 05:50 PM »
Just to make sure there is no confusion. The mora blades on the fin bore are actually Mora Of Sweden blades, not strikemaster mora hand auger blades. Do not get these confused. To my knowledge the blades on the Eskimo hand augers are strikemaster mora style, so strikemaster mora hand auger blades will work. The Mora of Sweden blades on the lazer augers will not fit the Eskimo.

Mora of sweden is a company that makes blades for many companies.

you are absolutely right   ;D

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:00 PM »
The Mora of Sweden blades on the lazer augers will not fit the Eskimo.

Ummm  now you confused me.  I believe the blades on the Strikemaster laser auger WILL fit my eskimo power auger,  Eskimo has augers that use 2 types of blades, the "quantum" style, which is the same as Strikemasters MORA blades, or here in canada Normarks "Swedebore" blades, then Eskimo has the "turbo" blades which is the same as strikemasters Laser blades, or  Normarks Fin bore III blades

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2011, 06:02 PM »
To my knowledge the blades on the Eskimo hand augers are strikemaster mora style,

Eskimo makes both styles,  just like Strikemaster, and just like Normark

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2011, 03:55 PM »
Lazer blades will work on the eskimo barracuda hand augers that come  with the "turbo cut" blades.....
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.