Mobile Site Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel

Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | Militia | Sponsors
Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | KTP | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird | AcmeTackle
Sep 23, 2017, 04:16 AM
Team Iceshanty Mock T's
Full chest logo/iceshanty.com printed down the sleeve.
Iceshanty Proshop

The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: ASK THE WYOMING GAME AND FISH  (Read 80244 times)

WGFDFishBioLaramie

• IceShanty Rookie

Re: ASK THE WYOMING GAME AND FISH
« Reply #600 on: Mar 09, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Dear Wyo_Ringo,

Since Burbot are listed as a non-game fish in Area 4, if caught they have to be killed immediately, but after killing them they could be used as cut-bait.

WGFDFishBioLaramie

+1

thirdeye

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #601 on: Apr 27, 2017, 10:52 PM »
In looking at the 2017 Regs I see that trout beads can now be used above a bare hook, as well as a above an artificial fly (above meaning 2" or less from the eye of the hook), and further the Regs state that a trout bead used with a bare hook is considered an artificial lure in the same category as a jig, spoon, spinner etc. Within the definition for artificial lures the Regs state: "artificial flies and lures do not include living or dead organisms or edible parts thereof, natural or prepared organic food stuffs, or chemical attractants".  I'm thinking this is to further clarify the interpretation/definition of "artificial" when the lure itself is manufactured..., but I have a question below:

Q:  Provided one is not fishing in an artificial only area of water... Does this mean that a bare hook, with properly positioned trout bead can't be tipped with any type of bait like is common when jigging or trolling with a spoon or spinner?
~thirdeye~

wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac

« Reply #602 on: Apr 28, 2017, 05:33 PM »
In looking at the 2017 Regs I see that trout beads can now be used above a bare hook, as well as a above an artificial fly (above meaning 2" or less from the eye of the hook), and further the Regs state that a trout bead used with a bare hook is considered an artificial lure in the same category as a jig, spoon, spinner etc. Within the definition for artificial lures the Regs state: "artificial flies and lures do not include living or dead organisms or edible parts thereof, natural or prepared organic food stuffs, or chemical attractants".  I'm thinking this is to further clarify the interpretation/definition of "artificial" when the lure itself is manufactured..., but I have a question below:

Q:  Provided one is not fishing in an artificial only area of water... Does this mean that a bare hook, with properly positioned trout bead can't be tipped with any type of bait like is common when jigging or trolling with a spoon or spinner?

Not sure the G&F guys will be checking in here since it's Spring and their probably busy elsewhere. You might check into MyFishFinder.com, the open water sister site to this one. If I recall correctly there was a couple of lengthy responses to the bead above a hook regs earlier in this thread, you might find it easiuer with the Search feature too. It gets kind of slow in here this time of year! Tight lines to you! ;D

thirdeye

• IceShanty Rookie

« Reply #603 on: Apr 29, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Not sure the G&F guys will be checking in here since it's Spring and their probably busy elsewhere. You might check into MyFishFinder.com, the open water sister site to this one. If I recall correctly there was a couple of lengthy responses to the bead above a hook regs earlier in this thread, you might find it easiuer with the Search feature too. It gets kind of slow in here this time of year! Tight lines to you! ;D

Thanks for that link.
~thirdeye~

kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular

« Reply #604 on: Jul 15, 2017, 09:40 PM »
Can you use dead smelt for bait in Flaming Gorge? Thanks

Iceshanty.com sponsored in part by:
FishUSA | Marcum | Fish307 | Cabelas | CJS | PolarBird AcmeTackle
Home | ThinIce | Chat | Pictures | Archives | ProShop | GearShop | Militia | Sponsors

Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

Contact | Sponsor IceShanty.com | Disclaimer
©1996- IceShanty.com
All Rights Reserved