Author Topic: Vexilar dual ducer air test  (Read 934 times)

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
Vexilar dual ducer air test
« on: Jan 19, 2011, 02:27 AM »
I have a tri beam ducer on my 22 and when I do the air test it shows the first 3 feet red.  When I put on my 19 degree ducer from my FL-8 it doesn't.  Any one out there have the 9/19 dual ducer?  I you do could you do the air test and hang your ducer over your basement floor and tell me what you see.  Vexilar says the 3 feet of red is normal????????  Just wondering if the dual ducer does it cause the single one doesn't.  Thanks  Fin

Offline terry fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexilar dual ducer air test
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2011, 04:40 AM »
They do not work out of water. The signal sent out of the transducer is not strong enough for the unit to pick it up. It has to be in the water.
Fish on !

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2011, 04:50 AM »
I would not get myself worked up over any findings if your doing these tests out of water. If your having issues with 3 feet of red in the water then Id be concerned and get Vex to replace it. They are excellent to deal with. I sent back my Tri-Beam ducer, not because it didnt work properly but because ducer had a big scratch on it from the factory. They had no problems giving me a new one.

Cheers!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Have you tried swapping ducers between the FL8 and the FL22?  Just to make sure it's a trandsucer problem and not a unit problem.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.